Excommunication is good!!!!

by I-follow-the-narrow-path 81 Replies latest jw friends

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    You critizing the WTBS feels like you attacking God... I don't know why it feels that way. It just does.

Thats because you have already begun to be brainwashed into believing the watchtower bible and tract society = GOD

Maybe it's a bit late to save you.

• KW13
    KW13

People who take drugs start off trying it for an experiment. They get hooked.

Slowly they can't imagine life without the drug, they need it mentally and their body needs its fix.

If they don't take it, things get messed up and they can't cope or deal with anything. Its as important to them as is Food, drink e.t.c

Does this make it right?

---------

you spoke about "blocking some of the things we say out". Thats not right, if something is right then you can't deny it. Sad fact of life. There is more than opinion available here, other than personal stories there is CLEAR and CONCLUSIVE evidence that shows the Society have lied. As much as that might hurt, it hurt me too and i thought my life was over. Now i am a new person, and actually happier than i was as a JW. Hard to imagine eh?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties that you are going through. There are several people on this site that have experienced what you have and I can put you in touch if you like.
    As you learn about the people God loved in the bible, did they need an organisation to be acceptable to him? There was no organisation when Joseph, Noah, Enoch, Abraham etc were on earth, yet these are the greatest men of all time. When the Israelites were Gods people Job was said to be the greatest person alive, and yet he was in Asia all on his own. And most of the prophets were despised by Gods nation of Israel.
    It does not take an organisation to worship God, and our attacking a misleading organisation is not attacking God, it is because we want you to see that your relationship with God is personal, and does not need some men to tell you if you are acceptable to him. Remember, Jesus said "I will be with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things", that is regardless of who you are with or where.
    People need people and groups to feel loved. But if you join the JWs and then at some stage leave, every single person you thought was your friend will refuse to even look at you, let alone talk to you. That will do more emotional damage than anything you can imagine. You need to find a group of people that love you for you, not for the religious label you carry.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

You critizing the WTBS feels like you attacking God... I don't know why it feels that way. It just does.

Narrow,

I used to feel the same way. That's when I believed that the wts were God's only channel of communication with man. I would imagine that your study conductor is trying to indoctrinate you with that belief right now. The jws believe that we can only approach God and have our prayers listened to if we are in their org. I used to believe that, now I do not, and would challenge any jw to show me, from the bible, the proof to back that belief up. I can assure you that they would not be able to do it.

No one on here is attacking God. Our critical view of the wts is based on our experiences while we were in the org. The very fact that you are on here is proof that you have an enquiring mind, and you want to be sure of what you may be getting into before you commit yourself. I admire you for showing such common sense, and advise you to keep researching, independent of your study conductor. If, after you have done your research, you come to the conclusion that being a jw is right for you, then so be it. No one on here will attack you for it, but in the meantime keep reading, and keep in touch with us.

love

Linda

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

Elizabeth,

Re your cutting, here's a thread on it http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/112256/1960220/post.ashx#1960220

As i understand it it would be looked upon as either attempted suicide or if the elders are nutty a sign that you are possessed by demons. Fearful that you might harm yourself and therefore bring reproach upon Jehovahs name the elders will probably attempt to disfellowship you to save themselves from any embarrassment you might cause them.

According to jw, "cutting" shows a disrespect for Gods creation, the human Body. Smokers are Disfellowshippeed because they show this self same disrespect for the human body.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Her husband broke in and started talking about (serious sins) like adultery and if I would want to continue talking to my husband if he cheated on me. I told him NO and he made his point there

He did not make any point... he is comparing apples and oranges.

It is one thing to be hurt by another person and avoid that person and it is a totally different thing to enforce institutionalized shunning in an entire population.

The former is a form of self protection used by an individual. The latter is a form of control instituted by the leadership of a population... it is a means of controlling a population.

Don't let the JWs play bait-and-switch mind games with you.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

The advice to discuss this over with your father is very good . He has your best interest in veiw . Your father loves you with no hidden motive.Your Bible study teacher though well meaning has an agenda , which is to convert you . Oh they say that is not what they are doing, but believe me it most certainally is what they are doing. As for cutting yourself .....you evidently have stress issues ..have you sought medical , theraputic treatment ? A religion is not the magic answer to your problem . I personally know a very faithful Jehovah's Witness young lady that has this very same problem . It is not something her faith cures, like you she is stressed out (which by the way being a witness can and will add more stress ) Medical attention and counselling are what is needed . Jehovah's Witnesses do not offer nor are any of their Elders trained in such counsel.

• anewme
    anewme

Disfellowshipping is an ancient old severe cruel punishment designed to control and put fear into the cult members and to punish the offender much like cutting off the hand of a thief.
    It is meant to mame, punish and hurt the reputation of the dfd one forever.
    The cult informs its members that the dfd one is lost forever from God's help.
    The resulting banishment is final and forever for infractions that other religions would forgive.

If you are a former "cutter" you need to be with people who are very loving and forgiving and mellow who teach you to love and forgive. This is not a forgiving group ( they loathe everyone outside their group) and their love is very conditional( even inside their group) and rather than mellow, they are known to be very judgemental. Not a healthy place for you sweetie.

I would study with them if you like, and learn about the Bible, but avoid getting baptized. You owe it to yourself to find a more loving accepting group to associate with.

• I-follow-the-narrow-path
    I-follow-the-narrow-path

"Don't let the JWs play bait-and-switch mind games with you."<BR>

What do you mean by that? <BR>

Also... someone said it may be to late to save me. HONESTLY , I do not want to be save I want to listen. <BR>

Being saved is not my ultimate goal here, for I already am anyway (in heaven) :) AND I do not say that because of the JWs. <BR>

I know... I should read more stuff and sometimes I do. I read light stuff though... about cults and brainwashing. I do not believe any of it <BR>

People can not brainwash you, for we control are own actions. Understand? <BR>

I control what I think, how I feel, how I talk and no one else.

• anewme
    anewme

I Follow, sounds like you are in control and are listening and scrutinizing what people say.
    That is good.

Being a bit skeptical is better than being gullible.

Even the apostles of Jesus carefully listened to him and considered whether he was a man of God or not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit