Excommunication is good!!!!

by I-follow-the-narrow-path 81 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

i dont think anyones cross with you, worried for you maybe, we all know too well how vulnerable people are prime pickings. your choice is your biz, not ours.

the times i'd see some person not quite the ticket/vulnerable being paraded at the kigdom hall as the latest bible study used to make me feel uncomfortable that they were zoning in on someone who really didnt understand what was expected of them,they'd be made a fuss over, (bit like a fleabitten puppy at a shelter)enough to show willing, not close enough to catch anything.

later you'd ask where that person was .......oh they dont come anymore, or... or you'd see em in the street and say hi, and get ...dont encourage em to hang round...... dont speak to them anymore they werent suitable.....(but surely they still need someone to care? just because they dont make the jw grade theyre still lonely/vulnerable? )....not our problem they didnt measure up.

to me its totally wrong to build up pepes like that just to knock em down cos they dont fit in a specific peg hole.

(no disrespect to any vulnerable pepes or fleabitten puppies intended, thats just how i saw it through my eyes back then)

• KW13
    KW13

If you don't believe God has chosen an Organization and the Society are like a 3rd Party extension, then people being angry/upset or whatever about them won't affect their standing with God.

Thats a fact.

If your on tonight, i'm free to chat again.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    Why does everyone continually think that I assume I NEED this organization. No where did I state I NEEDED it, but I said it helps. I don't need an ORG, but I think it help me get closer to God It is the way I learn... some people can be independent studying material, but I need help learning.

I didn't ask whether you need an organisation to guide you to God, (although to be honest you're kidding yourself with some very tight pedantics there, but anyway...) I asked whether you think God is so insignificant and powerless that he can't manifest himself in people's lives without a human organisation acting as his intermediary? Because if you think that God can act and speak for himself, you will be forced to re-learn that belief before becoming a witness, because witnesses believe that the only way to god is through the faithful and discreet slave - a bunch of old men you'll never meet. If you think God needs humans to talk for him, act for him, and help you.... you haven't learned enough about god yet. Your god is just too small. Your god is nothing if it needs humans to run things, and make decisions, and form judgments, and punish people.

I am NOT saying that it is not okay to listen to ex-witnesses. I am just weary I mean... twice a week for the past month or so I have been meeting with someone who would hate me doing this. By this I mean... going on this site. I put so much trust in her... I shouldn't,but... I don't know

You put too much trust and hope in somebody you've only just met. You need to understand that her friendship with you is entirely conditional on you becoming a witness. You need to see through their recruitment games.

I don't like making anyone feel bad and I don't want to make you people feel bad. Everyone here is so nice to me and I don't want to hurt anyone. :( Please do not think that Nothing you say matters to me, because it does.

That's okay... reading your replies is very frustrating for us all because we've all been you in some way or another. We all wish we could go back in time and not make the mistake they're trying to sell you. We know that the conflicts you're feeling are the influence they have over you that you can't see because you're already deep within their grip, fighting with the person you really are.

Deep inside I know it does, I am just scared to displease my teacher... It is guilt I guess. You think she is controlling how I feel?

Yes, yes and yes. She is the one in control in this relationship. I also know that she is entirely sincere, and deeply wants 'the best' for you. I don't know her, but I've known many of her clones, and I've been her. She thinks she has the answer to all of your problems. She doesn't. You do. But you are going to live your life, not her.

Well... weather I become a witness or not he should respect what I want to do. Weather it is to become a drug dealer (I don't want to), or a teacher to kids in 3rd world countries.

Yes, your father should support you, but if he sees you doing something that's going to hurt you even though your'e blind to it, he's going to want to stop it. To be honest I don't know why you'd think a parent should have to support their childs' decision to do a wrong thing. He's going to have worked out that this is wrong, and will want to explain why to you, and to stop you from doing it, just like if you decide to be a drug dealer. He'll respect that you have the right to choose, but he'll know that it's the worst thing for you and his heart will break every day knowing there's nothing he can do about it. Talk to your Dad. Sign him up on this site.

Anyone who sees this site and knows me... will oppose me and question me.I already got some friends mad at me, for even studying with the JWs.

Bring the people who love you into the big decisions in your life; at least open the door to what they're worried about. A faith built on a foundation of lies and deception can't be true hon. Stop fighting those little warnings that you're getting from deep inside yourself and give yourself a chance.

• I-follow-the-narrow-path
    I-follow-the-narrow-path

"Do you consider yourself a christian? Or do you think you're becoming a christian? If so how can you say that Jesus is not important?"
    I consider myself becoming a Christian... of course I believe in Christ. Of Course I think that he is important, I need him!
    Just because I do not believe Jesus died on the cross means I don't care.
    :( I need Jesus to get to God

I-follow-the-narrow-path

Since some Christians think he died on a cross... I think it is sad
    I think it is sad that they would use it at all. Because it is a symbol of his death.
    If my mum got murdered I wouldn't be sitting in church praying infront of the knife which killed her, would you?
    You might say of course not, but a lot of people do that

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    :( I need Jesus to get to God

Ah, yes. It really doesnt matter if you think Jesus died on the cross or not, that's not the point. The point is if you believe in God all you need is Jesus to get to him, not the governing body, not the 144,000, not the watchtower society, not the elders, not even your jw teacher. All you need is Christ Jesus.

Josie

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Since some Christians think he died on a cross... I think it is sad

I have an idea...why don't you use that computer of yours and find a search engine and do some research on the cross. It's won't hurt you or your budding faith.

Here's one I always use: www.google.com

Josie

I-follow-the-narrow-path

I guess it is hard, because I came to the JW with almost NO prior knowledge of Christianity.
    Infact, if I didn't go to them I would follow through with my practicing Buddhism before.
    In my sub concious... at the hieght of my converting to Buddhism (unknowing to my JW)...
    she came to my house and gave me a long talk... ending with her say "all religions are false"
    I think this got me to the point I am at... more than anything
    the point I recongnize this... means something, doesn't it? The point I stay here, but object so much means something, doesn't it?
    If I was die hard on being a JW I wouldn't stay, there must be something I want here... just don't know what it is.

I-follow-the-narrow-path

"All other religions are false" she said.. sorry. I do not know what religion she was refferring to. Christianity, or JW

• unique1
    unique1

JW's believe all religions are false except theirs, including other christians and all other forms of religion.

To answer a previous question, you can not be disfellowshipped if you are not baptized. If you are merely an unbaptized person and you do something wrong then they say from the podium: _____ is no longer an approved associate of Jehovah's Witnesses. People can still talk to you at that point but they refrain from socializing with you.

If you were baptized you could be disfellowshipped for cutting because this is a means of defiling the body just like alcoholism and smoking and they disfellowship for those.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit