I found this and am in total agreement. Feel free to answer the Questions.

by jw 155 Replies latest jw friends

• jw
    jw

sunnygal4:

umm, note: not the author!

• jw
    jw

cydoo99:

note: not the author

• blondie
    blondie

http://members.aol.com/Beyondjw/mailbag.htm A nastygram sent to Tim at Beyond JWs in May 2002.

• under_believer
    under_believer

I realize that this is trollfeeding, but some of the content of that post caught my eye. You're taking your cues from Society literature and some of what you say is fairly iconic and representative, so I wanted to hilight it.

Satan the devil and his destructive organization.

Where is this destructive organization? Can you point to it? Where is it? Who are its members? This is a common ploy employed by the Governing Body, to try and set up an us-vs-them mentality, but in reality I can see no evidence that Satan has an "organization." Even if you accept that Satan directly affects the world, it sure doesn't appear to be organized.

It's ashame that your energies could not be put to a more positive use. ...saving lives! Are you doing that now? ....Are you offering others hope?....direction? unity? Peace? Security? a futrue?

This is another anti-apostate thing the Society says a lot. "Those apostates only tear down, they don't build up. They don't give anyone hope. They don't have anything better than what we have here." This is basically reforming the "where else would you go" argument. In other words, Witnesses have been made dependent on an organization for their spiritual needs, for their sense of right and wrong, for their social needs, everything. If apostates make you lose faith in the organization, then where else would they go? But this is an appeal to fear. Believe it or not all these things ARE in the world, available for everyone, but it's not my job to provide them for people. People need to find these things for themselves, not be spoonfed them.

He only listens to those that are busy doing his will,

Wait, what? How can that be, even by WTS doctrine? What about all those stories of people praying to God for direction and the moment they say "Amen" a Witness knocks on their door? Why even pray with Bible Studies then, since they are most likely NOT busy doing His will?

not those that are looking to glorify themselves....

Another common anti-apostate rant, but it's not true. The only way someone can make this statement (and the WTS makes it a lot) is if they themselves are seeking to glorify themselves. It's impossible to read the Society's literature and not realize this, though. In any case, I'm pretty certain nobody here is looking for personal glory.

Your articles have a lot of material, however, you fail to have scriptural backup.....how true can it be....when not one scripture is sighted!
    Making that statement is either lying or ignorance. Read the board a bit more. There's a lot of scriptural backup for those who desire it. Some posters here still believe the Bible and some don't.
  • Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

You puzzle me, jw.

You seem to address everyone on this forum as though (1) we are an organization with set beliefs and goals to which all of us adhere, rather than just being very diverse members of a discussion board, and (2) we all believe that God has an organization known as the Watch Tower Society, the members of which are known as Jehovah's Witnesses, but, for whatever reason, we have chosen to rebel against what we believe to be true and believe something else instead out of sheer bl**dy-mindedness or something.

This makes it very difficult to address your questions and engage in meaningful discussions if you are starting from these two very mistaken premises.

You have received many answers to your questions, but, I feel, these particular questions and answers will not be able to connect until you prove to everyone here (for starters):

*that a monotheistic God exists
    *that God's name is Jehovah
    *that Jehovah has an organization which is the true religion
    *identify and prove which organization that is
    *prove that Satan exists
    *prove that Satan has an organization diametrically opposed to Jehovah's
    *back up the assertion that each of us can and should save ourselves from Jehovah's judgement, and describe how
    *back up the assertion that each of us do or should have followers

I am also a bit confused as you seem to switch about, addressing us all as one body at times, and then addressing us individually, in a mixed up sort of way. With further clarification, I could, perhaps, attempt to answer your questions, if you genuinely want me to and aren't just posting here because you like the look of your own words.

~Merry

• jw
    jw

yucca:

John 1:1 | en <1722> {IN [THE]} arch <746> {BEGINNING} hn <2258> (5713) {WAS} o <3588> {THE} logoV <3056> {WORD,} kai <2532> {AND} o <3588> {THE} logoV <3056> {WORD} hn <2258> (5713) {WAS} proV <4314> ton <3588> {WITH} qeon <2316> {GOD,} kai <2532> {AND} qeoV <2316> {GOD} hn <2258> (5713) {WAS} o <3588> {THE} logoV <3056> {WORD.} 2 outoV <3778> {HE} hn <2258> (5713) {WAS} en <1722> {IN [THE]} arch <746> {BEGINNING} proV <4314> ton <3588> {WITH} qeon <2316> {GOD.} 3 panta <3956> {ALL THINGS} di <1223> {THROUGH} autou <846> {HIM} egeneto <1096> (5633) {CAME INTO BEING,} kai <2532> {AND} cwriV <5565> {WITHOUT} autou <846> {HIM} egeneto <1096> (5633) {CAME INTO BEING} oude <3761> {NOT EVEN} en <1520> {ONE [THING]} o <3739> {WHICH} gegonen <1096> (5754) {HAS COME INTO BEING.} ---------------------------------------------------------- 24 Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, and He that formed thee from the womb: I am the LORD, that maketh all things; that stretched forth the heavens alone; that spread abroad the earth by Myself; Where does it say Jesus????

• jw
    jw

jimtx:

I am a witness for jehovah.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Currently TRACKING JW's logs and IP's addresses to location/locations. JW ... you shall receive a letter from your body of elders promptly. Thanks! I mean it's only proper right in the eyes of the organization for anyone who invites someone of a different faith to be disfellowshiped?

xElderXBethelite

you should know better

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Blondie:

You BUSTED JW with that link.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Unclebruce, you got me thinking...do you still have the IP address of that eurasian girl from down under who wanted a good JW man?

I think we may have a missionary candidate here...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit