I found this and am in total agreement. Feel free to answer the Questions.

by jw 155 Replies latest jw friends

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

jw:

I am pleased that your 'care in the community' programme gives you access to a computer and the net. But are you sure that this is the best way to spend your time?

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

I would rather die at the big A than live in a 'paradise' earth full of JWs. That is not paradise to me. God did not create us to be a bunch of Stepford robots.

If being a JW makes you happy--I'm all for your lifestyle choice. But it's not the lifestyle choice for me and most people who visit this evil Apostate website.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Also I believe the donation that comes out of my paycheck every month to the RED CROSS does mankind much more good than knocking on people's doors to preach a big bunch of lies.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Happy birthday for 4 days ago L2BW. Hope you had a big cake and candles and things.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

jw

It's ashame that your energies could not be put to a more positive use. ...saving lives! Are you doing that now? ....Are you offering others hope?....direction? unity? Peace? Security? a futrue?

We are saving lives. We are attempting to save yours too, although we might be to late. You're starting to sound like a fundamentalist wacko. Remember most of us here have drank from the watchtower cup, we're full and don't want anymore.

Dismembered

• Mary
    Mary
    jw droned: one thing for sure, you will not escape the Almighty Jehovah's judgement right along with Satan the devil and his destructive organization. How will you save yourself and those who follow you...? It's ashame that your energies could not be put to a more positive use.

Funny, maybe you should apply your above criteria to the WTS, in particular the Governing Body. Now run along like a good like boy and go and play with your Tonka toys.

• Check_Your_Premises
  • Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

jw,

Interesting. Maybe you need to understand something about folks here. All we have in common is that we are in some way affiliated with the JW religion. Most are not members now.

That is it.

Since leaving, many have learned to.... ok get ready....

THINK FOR THEMSELVES!!!

That means folks here look at ANY evidence or information they want. They look at stuff the society provides as well as things the society wishes folks would avoid. They use their OWN judgement to decide which information is valid.

Then they use their own brains to draw conclusions from that evidence. They bring those conclusions here and share, compare, and scrutinize in a free and open exchange. If someone disagrees, they actually have to provide better evidence or reasoning. They can't simply label someone an apostate, or threaten to ostracize them.

This seemingly chaotic process however leads to a sifting of facts and ideas. The best ideas tend to percolate to the top, while the weakest tend to drift toward obscurity where they belong.

But still, with so many different perspectives on reality, it is completely natural that some would come to different conclusions. Some pray to Jehovah, some do not. Some beleive the Bible is the inerrant word of God, some do not.

We are all utlimately responsible for our own relationship with God.

One single conclusion seems to be a constant here though. NOBODY believes that the only way to have a relationship with an all powerful, perfect God is through an organization of imperfect men. Nobody believes that with Christ's perfect sacrifice, that we need to yet earn our salvation by following the rules and regimen of some imperfect men. And nobody believes that with the perfect help of the Holy Spirit, that any here need additional guidance and authority from some imperfect men.

Show me in the Bible where any of those things are acheived through fallen men.

CYP

• Genesis
    Genesis

Hey JW dude, I love you dude, why ? Cause every forum has their own wackos and you are our own little pharisee. Keep posting around bro, you are really funny :)

BTW I back every thing I say with the scriptures, when I say something and you dont believe me I hit you with them LoL.

• dinah
    dinah

Hey JW, I'll try to answer your questions.

How will you save yourself and those who follow you...?

I won't. It is not my job to save anyone, just like God's Own Organization will not save anyone. That would be Christ's place.

It's ashame that your energies could not be put to a more positive use. ...saving lives! Are you doing that now? ....Are you offering others hope?....direction? unity? Peace? Security? a futrue?

Offering others hope? Sure I do. The message from the bible is very comforting.

Direction? Yes, the bible outlines how Christians should live. Of course, when someone makes a mistake I don't spiritually kill them.

Unity? You bet, I've met many Christians and we do tend to stick together. Don't confuse Christian unity with mind-control.

Peace? No one can bring peace to the world until Christ does. All we can do in the meantime is follow the advice at Romans 12:18 where the Apostle Paul tells us to be peaceable with all as far as it concerns us. That's is about all we can do about that.

Security? Security is a relative thing right now. None of us can offer security in this world, only God can do that. As long as we can't control the world governments, economy, and such any claim to have security is unfounded.

if you don't believe in Jehovah...who do you pray to now?

I do beleive in Jehovah and I pray to him through his son Jesus Christ. Sometimes I talk to Christ also. Just because I don't attend all those God-forsaken meetings doesn't mean I don't believe Jehovah is God. To make someone's relationship with their creator depend on organizational hoops is wrong. I've had all my prayers answered since leaving the WT.

One more thing, busy doing Jehovah's will or the WT? I answered your question, would you please answer mine?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit