I found this and am in total agreement. Feel free to answer the Questions.

by jw 155 Replies latest jw friends

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    The bible speaks about individuals like yourself--who would speak against God's people

Jw, try to look at it from our perspective for just a second: In our opinion, we are not speaking against Gods people. We are speaking against a dangerous wolf in sheeps clothing, an anti-christ, a false prophet: The Watchtower Bible and tract Society, a satanic organisation that has been misleading people for 150 years, who is leading people away from Christ and God, not to them.

Are you so thickheaded that you don`t understand that this is our perspective? Are you so thickheaded that you are unable to see any other perspectives than your own?

You`re gonna have to come up with something better than the first post in this thread.

• Jez
    Jez

I usually leave these kinds of threads alone, but one thing caught my eye that JW said,

saving lives! Are you doing that now? ....Are you offering others hope?....direction? unity? Peace? Security? a futrue?

JW's don't save lives. In our local KH, in the 12 years that I have gone there, I see NOT ONE new JW. The ones getting baptized are children of JW families. All those hours spent going house to house, and there is not 'one life saved'. What a waste. Better to spend it on saving your own loved ones, than strangers. JW have a misplaced loyalty...to strangers that do not welcome a knock on their door, when they should be looking at their own families and not shunning them.

Preaching is a way to keep JWs thinking that they, and only they, are special because they are fullfilling bible prophesy and no one else is.

On the street corner, I saw an old man holding up a mag that said, "Who will save the world's hungry?" I walked up to him and said, "Not Jehovah's Witnesses eh." I asked him what charities JWs give money to, or do they have one of their own, etc. He was stumped, he was about 70 years old and NEVER thought of 'saving lives' by any other means other than 'preaching.'

Don't judge ppl here by saying that we don't 'save lives'. I am more active in my community and my sense of social responsibility has increased a hundredfold now.

I 'save' more lives now, than I ever did, because I entirely am focused on THEM, not saving my own ass, by "oh well, if they don't listen, just brush the dust off your feet and go onto the next house" kind of attitude. You care more about your own salvation than those around you, that is not Christianity.

jez

• Balsam
    Balsam

Here is what I learned about love this weekend at a Methodist Church which is good advice right from the scriptures:

Isaiah 58:9-12 (New International Reader's Version)

9 You will call out to me for help.
    And I will answer you.
    You will cry out.
    And I will say, 'Here I am.'
    "Get rid of the chains you use to hold others down.
    Stop pointing your finger at others as if they had done something wrong.
    Stop saying harmful things about them. 10 Work hard to feed hungry people.
    Satisfy the needs of those who are crushed. Then my blessing will light up your darkness.
    And the night of your suffering will become as bright as the noonday sun.
    11 I will always guide you.
    I will satisfy your needs in a land that is baked by the sun.
    I will make you stronger.
    You will be like a garden that has plenty of water.
    You will be like a spring whose water never runs dry.
    12 Your people will rebuild the cities that were destroyed long ago.
    And you will build again on the old foundations.
    You will be called The One Who Repairs Broken Walls.
    You will be called The One Who Makes City Streets Like New Again.

Philippaians 2: 1-4 (New International Reader's Version)

Thinking Like Christ

1 Are you cheerful because you belong to Christ? Does his love comfort you? Is the Holy Spirit your companion? Has Christ been gentle and loving toward you? 2 Then make my joy complete by agreeing with each other. Have the same love. Be one in spirit and purpose.

3 Don't do anything only to get ahead. Don't do it because you are proud. Instead, be free of pride. Think of others as better than yourselves.

4 None of you should look out just for your own good. You should also look out for the good of others.

Ephesians 4:20-27 (New International Reader's Version)

20 But that is not what you have learned about Christ. 21 I'm sure you heard of him. I'm sure you were taught by him. What you learned was the truth about Jesus.

22 You were taught not to live the way you used to. You must get rid of your old way of life. That's because it is polluted by longing for things that lead you down the wrong path.

23 You were taught to be made new in your thinking. 24 You were taught to start living a new life. It is created to be truly good and holy, just as God is.

25 So each of you must get rid of your lying. Speak the truth to your neighbor. We are all parts of one body.

26 Scripture says, "When you are angry, do not sin."(Psalm 4:4) Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry. 27 Don't give the devil a chance.

Teaching love, compassion and mercy to those who don't meet our standards, JW you need to practice what Jesus has taught and find a way to love, for the judgemental attitude you have toward others is not the attitude of Christ. The problem is that you don't view other Christians of other faiths as Christian. You will lead none to Christ except through love. I encourage you to think and reason on your position. I've been where you were at before leaving the JW religion. Warm Christian hugs to you.

Balsam

• minimus
    minimus

JW, at least you're open about being pro-jw. The truth is, JWs have a horrible existence. They are either like Stepford families or are in LaLa Land. Or simply are hypocrites---posting here and never letting anyone in the congregation know that you're posting on "apostate" sites.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Ok the silly bugga wants me to answer his stolen questions ...let's see ..mmmm...they look a tad retorical..

How will you save yourself and those who follow you...?

Neither a follower or a followee be bruce 19:75

. ...saving lives! Are you doing that now? ....Are you offering others hope?....direction? unity? Peace? Security? a futrue?

Yes. I saved two girls from watchtower enslavement. My daughters have hope, peace and security and like everyone else on the planet are welcome to ask my advice on any topic they like

.who do you pray to now?

No one, but I hear Jehovah prays to me sometimes. I'll surprise the crap out of him with an answer one day.

....you really are following in your fathers' footsteps--Satan, the devil.

My mum lied to meee!!!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Joe--thanks for the birthday wish! And yes I do celebrate birthdays with cake and the whole wonderful Pagan celebration! Love holidays.

And I agree with the poster who says JW is a lot of fun and we enjoy the humor he/she brings to this website. I should not laugh though, I really feel bad for people who are cult followers--I remember what it was like not to have a life or be able to have my own mind and opinions, very sad.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Why can't you answer the questions? Are they that difficult to answer!.......................I can't answer the questions because being a Jehovah's Witness and believing what they teach is no longer part of MY reality. As much as you may want to try to frighten me with info. such as you've printed above, it no longer has any power over ME. I've made my peace with MY "God/dess" and it is between me and Him/Her. As I once told my mom and sister: "if I am a goat, then that is between me and "God" and no longer your problem."

• carla
    carla

who would speak against God's people,---Are you in some way implying that jw's are God's people?! How could anybody that has consistently been a FALSE prophet ever be considered God's people?

And there are those here that do point to the Bible and Jesus as the way of salvation, not a man made organization. The difference is they don't claim to be 'the' way to salvation as they believe only Christ can be 'the way, the truth and the life.

• mouthy
    mouthy

JW I made 10 people JWs.....YES ME! How ? By preaching a false gospel. You wrote me privately in my e-mail. saying YOU could help ME!!! Listen darling. I am getting all the help I need from TRUE Christians, & a few that are not...But you know what we have in common????

LOVE!!!!!! That is the binding oil that YOU need

So Here is what I am going to do for you. "Please Father Creator of the Heaven & earth, I dont know if JW is a male or female BUT YOU DO, Please open her/his heart ,eyes, ears to hear the true word of GOD....The one you told us to listen to JESUS THE WORD,WAY,LIFE!!!!is the Savior & even though JW thinks he/she is.... Let your light shine AMEN"

• jstalin
    jstalin

JW: Why should I base my life on a 2000+ year old book of fables?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit