Still pointing your Finger when having a Rafter in your eye?

by DocHouse 245 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cultBgone
    cultBgone
    Why are y'all taking this silly bait?  Leave dochouse alone to ramble in his nonsense.  
  • DocHouse
    DocHouse

Really, Judge Finklestein?

Know of any other group that teaches the TRUTH about God and Christ?

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

The Trinity Travesty has been exposed, and because of our preaching and teaching, 'Hellfire' has been, too- and is taught in less and less churches.

We have made God's Name known again- when Churchianity & Judaism almost wiped it out.

Jesus foretold that in the end times the good news of the KINGDOM would be preached to the world.

It IS.

Because of the holy breath (spirit) of God.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    DocHouse have you been a witness for long?
  • Simon
    Simon

DocHouse: we're not here to listen to crazy religious ramblings. There are no facts when it comes to religion, that is why it's called "faith" or, as I prefer to call it, mental illness.

Don't preach to us - discuss topics or else leave and take your religiospam with you.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

We have made God's Name known again- when Churchianity & Judaism almost wiped it out.

Jehovah is not God's name. In Hebrew scripture the Divine Name was represented by the tetragrammaton.The closest to that in English is Yahweh. The big problem with the word Jehovah is that it is a hybrid word derived by combining the Latin letters JHVH (for the tetragrammaton) with the vowels of Adonai (which means Master or Lord). It's simply a made up name. Imagine that the translation of God's name in English was Bill and a group went round calling itself Walters Witnesses, saying that they were preaching God's name which they say is Walter whereas everyone is wrong as they call him LORD. It's irrelevant that they spend a colossal amount of time preaching - it's still a nonsense name.

Jesus foretold that in the end times the good news of the KINGDOM would be preached to the world.

The JW version of this goes as follows. Around 1914 there was a war in heaven, and Satan and his followers were cast out. Jesus Christ began ruling as King in 1914 and 1914 therefore becomes the start of the Last Days.

We don't need to even start on what the future holds. The above is all based on 607 being right. It is not. So this means the Witnesses have spent countless billions of hours preaching the wrong date for the war in heaven, the wrong date for when Christ took up reigning and the wrong date for the start of the Last Days! And peoples reaction to this unholy mess is how God will judge them as worthy of life or death?!

It's a shambles. How can this in anyway contribute to 'vindicating God's sovereignty?' How does God getting his people (or allowing his people) to preach false dates and then killing billions who don't listen to such nonsense prove his right to rule?

So it doesn't matter about Trinity's or whether other doctrines are right or wrong.

Once you've understood all of that, read up on the mess which is the Christian Greek Scriptures. And then you'll realise the whole thing is an utter waste of time.

• cofty
    cofty
    Jesus came to make his God and Father known - Doc

Yes. But that is to deliberately miss the whole point.

JWs never think about themselves as witnesses of Jesus. You don't preach Jesus. You never refer to the good news about Jesus. If you did start to use this sort of language you would be viewed with suspicion. It would be just weird if you introduced yourself at a door as calling to share the good news about Jesus.

All of this was absolutely normal to early christians.

Here is part 2. See if you can actually take a little bit of time to think about it instead of the lame answer you gave to part 1.

Reflect on whether JWs see things the same way as these NT writers. If not, why not?

2] Early Christians BELONGED to Jesus.

Paul introduced himself to the Romans as;

"A slave of Jesus Christ" (Rom.1:1)

And described them as those who are;

"Called to belong to Jesus Christ" (Rom.1:6)

He further told the Corinthians that;

"He that is called when a freeman is a slave of Christ." (1Cor.7:22)

and that; "those who belong to the Christ" (1Cor.15:23) would be resurrected during his parousia.

In his second letter to the Corinthians he said that God guarantees that;

"You and we belong to Christ." (2Cor.1:21)

He reminded the Galatians that;

"I am carrying on my body the brand marks of a slave of Jesus." (Gal.6:1)

And admonished the Colossians to;

"Slave for the master Christ." (Col.3:24)

Perhaps the most emphatic statement of all was made by Jude when he accused ungodly men of;

"Proving false to our only owner and Lord, Jesus Christ."

Jehovah's Witness do not think of themselves as belonging to Jesus. It would be unthinkable for them to describe Jesus as their "only owner and Lord." Early Christians had no such inhibitions. This is not simply a difference in custom. It is not just that a Witness is not in the habit of using this kind of language. Anyone using such terms would be viewed, not just as unconventional but as doctrinally suspect.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

"But at LEAST we know God  and Christ and TRY to live up to their name!"- DocHouse

“This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.” John 17:3 (NWT)

“This Means Everlasting Life”

' We urge you to learn how accurate knowledge of the Bible can lead to peace of mind now and happiness in the future. Jehovah’s Witnesses will be happy to show you how to acquire such knowledge.'

• The Watchtower (2012)
  • “This Means Everlasting Life” Watchtower online library.
  •  
  • In the Watchtower of January 15th 1974 the study article Keep Close in Mind the Presence of the Day of Jehovah the (C) question was asked As shown in the Bible, when will the "great tribulation" strike?
  •  
  • What do you think the answer was? 
  •  
  •  
  • jhine
    jhine

DocHouse , I presume that you have ben reading the anti Watchtower stuff printed here and you now sound in a panic . Your post is hardly "love your enemies " , but then the Watchtower forgets that bit of Scripture. 

Everything that I have posted here is true . The Watchtower constantly misquotes , for example in the "Should You Believe In  The Trinity " pamphlet , brochure , whatever .Maybe you read my post on another thread about their admission at the front of the 1950 NWT that the Tetragrammaton never was in the NT . This is true . 

You can attack me personally as much as you like , I stand by every word that I have wriiten on this site . 

Others will understand better than I the problems that reading this information is giving you . It is contrary to everything you have been told . PLEASE check it out for yourself . 

Jan 

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

DocHouse - please be careful when using the word 'fact'. For something to be established as fact, empirical evidence must be used.

Also, why are you here on an apostate forum?

You defend 'da troof' yet criticise the GB here.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit