Still pointing your Finger when having a Rafter in your eye?

by DocHouse 245 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Cofty, since I have- and still do- have deep conversations with clergy & laity at the door and in their homes, I know of what I speak.

Let's test YOU:

Do you know they churches teach polytheism?

That Jesus NEVER died, was NEVER resurrected?

That he's a Godman in Heaven?

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

And look at some of the nonsense they spout- and how they set rules that help most, harm a few, and sometimes go AGAINST scripture.

Stop right there.

The above applies to JW's (as you rightly said) and it applies to Christendom. You are a modern atypical JW. You know it's BS but your fall back position is - well where else do we go? And then jump about pointing at Christendom.

Grow up and do some real research on the Christian Greek Scriptures. Professor Bart d. Ehrman has written some great books which explain his journey from being a christian to an agnostic. Get your head round the huge number of inconsistencies that JW's and Christendom are united in ignoring.

Once you realise how much of the scriptures is a best guess, then it'll dawn on you that arguing over doctrines is liking re-arranging deckchairs on the Titanic. A total waste of time.

• cofty
    cofty

Doc - I am not defending any church. I am presenting you with evidence that your beliefs regarding Jesus are very different from those found in the bible.

Every reference in the article is from the NWT.

It is not surprising that you lack the intellectual honesty to even read it.

• coalize
    coalize
    Cofty, I know of what I speak.

Ah, the best argument of the year!

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Wizz- I have critically studied the Bible's background, its translations, and it itself for over 30 years- ALWAYS considering different claims about it.

It sounds like you NEVER have!

Cofty- anyone can pull random articles for deception. MOST of our beliefs seem contrary to the Bible to those programmed by Tradition. They aren't.

Coal- thanks!

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

I'm a practising, appointed JW, before you throw the atheist label at me. You might have seen me give a talk at your local assembly, or I may have baptised you."

Sure looks like an act of desperation just being on this site. Its hard for me to tell whether your a snot nosed kid or a member of the governing body?

• DocHouse
    DocHouse
    TS- you honestly believe his claim?
  • Simon
    Simon
    NOTE: Please don't copy / include the identicon images in replies.
  • cofty
    cofty
    anyone can pull random articles for deception - Doc

I didn't "pull" the article. I wrote it based on more than 30 years of experience as a JW. 

It is a brief survey of the way early christians related to Jesus compared to the beliefs and practices of JWs.

It has nothing at all to do with any church or religious tradition.

Every verse is quoted from the New World Translation.

If you won't take 15 minutes to read it and respond we can safely conclude you are intellectually dishonest and cowardly.

• kairos
    kairos

Watchtower leadership make up doctrines that the JW's follow out of fear of expulsion.

There's other stuff, but this is the start/root of it in it's most basic form.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit