Still pointing your Finger when having a Rafter in your eye?

by DocHouse 245 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    @ DorkHouse:

They have never made up there own prophecies*- just screw up what God's mean.

AND I think they really feel they HAVE been "chosen" as a FDS CLASS.

Does anyone see the glaring self-contradiction in this statement? The WT/FDS is allegedly god's "chosen" organization, yet they "screw up" what god means.

To DorkHouse and similar ilk: I pity you and the god you worship. It must be hell to put all your faith in a deity who demands your obedience and that you fully understand his message, or face execution, yet this same god continually throws you under a bus by sending messengers that screw up his message.

* DH...if you truly believe WT has never made up their own prophecies, then you obviously do not know anything about the religion you're devoted to, and certainly have no basis for coming here to defend them.   

• wizzstick
  • Simon
    Simon

I think this:

How posting limits now work

I will look at building in a de-dupe function and adding some feedback when posting.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse
    Erbie, Romans DID execute on crosses- but used a stake when wood was scarce.
    That detail is hard to find, since tradition fogs most minds- but you WILL find it if you look deep enough.
     Your faith was based on the WTBS- mine has NEVER been.
  • DocHouse
    DocHouse

DocHouse - what gives you the right to decide which faiths are/aren't Christian?

The Right to compare what Jesus taught to what the Churches teach.

• cofty
    cofty
    DocHouse - Until you decide to engage in honest conversation nobody is paying attention to you anymore.
  • erbie
    erbie

So, what you are saying Doc, is that it if I dig deep enough, I may find evidence to suggest that at some point the Romans may have been short of timber and that it may have been on one of these occasions that Jesus was put to death. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that at some point, they may even have run out of nails! Perhaps. Who knows? And all of this so that at some point in the future the Watchtower organisation would have a little tit-bit that they could point to in order to justify their views. 

I put it to you that the Watchtower abandoned recognition of the cross as the means of execution of their saviour because they wanted to distinguish themselves from mainstream Christianity. I would also suggest that the same is true of birthdays, blood transfusions and toasting, along with a multitude of other teachings. There is no logic behind these teachings. They serve only as an attempt to distinguish the Witnesses from other denominations, which of course in fact they don't because most of the Adventist breakaway religions believe in much the same thing because they all stem from a common source.

That is not meant as an affront because I'm guessing that you already know all this stuff anyway. After all, it's no great mystery!

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Didn't mean to ignore you- but this site prevented me from posting till just now- and have to get back to work.

Hope to be able to post Saturday!

• DocHouse
    DocHouse
    Erbie- we did so since the biblical Greek word literally means "stake". Why choose the ancient idol in view of that?
  • DocHouse
    DocHouse

"Do you believe that the F&DS (GB) is God's channel to mankind?"

No. Not a 'channel'. However, I do know God has helped us. GIVEN us thru spirit the ability to see through the tradition to the truth revealed in scripture.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit