Still pointing your Finger when having a Rafter in your eye?

by DocHouse 245 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ DorkHouse: I have seen evidence that Christ HELPS us.

Please list all the "evidence" you have that Jesus helps you/the WT (not sure what "us" is referring to).

@ DorkHouse: The Trinity Travesty has been exposed, and because of our preaching and teaching, 'Hellfire' has been, too- and is taught in less and less churches.

WT is not the only religion that does not believe in the Trinity or Hellfire. In fact, many religions prior to WT didn't accept these teachings.

You being a JW, I'm reasonably confident in saying you probably have never read the Proclaimers book, nor do you have any clue whatsoever as to your religion's history. It is true that CT Russell and early WT did not believe in the Trinity or Hell. But guess what? For the first 60 years or so of  the existence of "god's organization", WT: celebrated Christmas; celebrated birthdays;  believed in the divinity of Christ, promoted numerous false prophecies, etc, etc.

Why not actually read your Proclaimers book. You'll quickly discover CTR and WT did what all the other religions you are condemning here did: he simply took a pick-and-choose approach to what his beliefs would be from the buffet of Christianity. Russell settled on what felt good to him personally, not on what was necessarily true or accurate.  

@ DorkHouse: We have made God's Name known again- when Churchianity & Judaism almost wiped it out.

You've condemned all other Christian religions. But guess what? The name "Jehovah" is a grammatically impossible invention of 13th century Catholicism. "Jehovah" never was god's name; in fact, no one knows what god's name really is, as it has been lost forever. Some popular guesses have been adopted as acceptable, but the fact remains no one knows- not you, not WT. 

Judaism and "Churchianity" did not "wipe out" god's name as you claim. The name disappeared due to disuse being that no first century Biblical writer thought it important enough to actually write down and preserve At least religions other than WT were honest enough to admit they don't really know what god's name is (because god didn't see fit to preserve it) and they weren't willing to settle on a fiction  as a 'make due' solution. 

@ DorkHouse: Jesus foretold that in the end times the good news of the KINGDOM would be preached to the world.

You mean the same Kingdom WT proclaimed as having been established in 1878??? Then when it failed they changed it to 1914??

I hate to break it to you, DH, but WT is not preaching the Kingdom of the Bible. They are preaching the marketable corporate kingdom version of WT, nothing more. 

Incidentally, if you look at WT's own figures you'll easily determine barely half the world has ever been preached to by JWs, and of the half that has heard WT's message hardly anyone really knows what WT's message is. It's alleged "greatest preaching effort" ever made is a dismal failure. Evangelicals have done a far more effective job of spreading the message than JWs will ever hope to do. Not a great record for 134 years of effort.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ DorkHouse: The Trinity Travesty has been exposed, and because of our preaching and teaching, 'Hellfire' has been, too- and is taught in less and less churches.

Can a religion REALLY be considered true when it rejects the Trinity while it simultaneously harbors pedophiles? Sorry, the 'we are right because we don't believe doctrine "X" ', excuse doesn't wash !

If you say yes, it does, then I argue that the very religions you are condemning have equal claim to being right just like WT, because they can use the same excuse: 'Sure, we may be wrong for believing in the Trinity, but we don't harbor pedophiles... so god still likes us". 

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Really, Judge Finklestein?

Know of any other group that teaches the TRUTH about God and Christ?

No , the JWS pointed some faults toward Christendom and then made their own false teachings.

Most of their false teachings came out of the organization's proliferation agenda of its published goods.

The leaders of the WTS were more concerned about the commercial success of the publishing house which they were the top editorial executive writers and directors of.

Unfortunately what they taught and preach made people think they were true spiritual leaders , the apparent truth was something quite different. .

That's why they are false charlatans,  plain and simple, nothing complicated here.  

Two wrongs never make a right do they.

JWS are complacently arrogant about their religion yet they cant see its vile corruption .

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Here you go, DocHouse: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/275576/active-jws-can-you-defend-truth

I will pick just one point for you to prove or discuss. Using just the Bible and the criteria for truth according to the WTBTS, prove that God's NAME is "Jehovah." Or, pick any JW belief that you agree with and prove it with the same criteria. "Paradise Earth" might be a good one. I won't hold my breath, no offense. 

I have to say, this is one of the most bizarre threads that I have ever witnessed. We may have a nominee for the most discombobulated poster in the history of JW.net

DD

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Oh well it never hurts to counterpoint someones opinion on theological matters.

Devout JWS who come here all high and arrogant usually get their backside pattelled by logical,

truthful observation and intellectual honesty, which in doing so may actually help them to open their mind or door

to discovery , the door that most religions intentionally try to lock.    

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Ucant, I've been a JW for over 30 years, yet am not happy with the changes I'm seeing with the WTBS, though. The Truth stands on its own- but a lot of absurd opinion is still being ADDED to it....

Simon, people use Multiple definitions for many words. The BIBLE defines Faith as ASSURED expectation based on evidence- even IF unseen. For example, if you find a cell phone in the woods, you should have no problem KNOWING it had a maker. If you SERIOUSLY study science articles, filtering out the opinions, assumptions, and errors- the picture becomes VERY clear!

Wiz- your denial is tragilarious. WE didn't make up that name. However, you are corrtect on the baloney the WTBS has ADDED to the good news. Yet Churchianity doesn't even KNOW about the good news.

Cofty- you're just WRONG. "JWs never think about themselves as witnesses of Jesus." We KNOW we are witnesses of both God AND Christ. The emphasis, like with Jesus, is on the only True God who has been HID by Churchianity.

Ucan't- I have ALWAYS taken the WTBS dates with a BARREL of salt- however, 1914 IS pinpointed in Daniel's prophecies. The meaning as to what it signifies is what's at dispute.

Thank you ALL for a Peaceful discussion- very RARE here!

• cofty
    cofty

Doc - We were once as myopic and willfully ignorant as you are now.

You refused to commit 10 minutes to reading a well-researched article and now you dismiss it with facile comments.

Keep reading, and listening. One day you will be here telling some other cult slave how you eventually woke up.

• coalize
    coalize
    If you SERIOUSLY study science articles, filtering out the opinions, assumptions, and errors- the picture becomes VERY clear!

If in your brain, " filtering out the opinions, assumptions, and errors" means "filtering what's not WTS-compatible" then yes it's CLEAR...

CLEAR but ERRONEOUS!!!

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ DorkHouse: The Truth stands on its own- but a lot of absurd opinion is still being ADDED to it...you are corrtect on the baloney the WTBS has ADDED to the good news. Yet Churchianity doesn't even KNOW about the good news.

So, in you opinion, what WT teaches is "absurd" and "baloney", yet it's still truth??? Please correlate those two diametrically opposed concepts...

@DorkHouse:  1914 IS pinpointed in Daniel's prophecies.

Read every Bible you can get a hold of... not one will mention the date 1914. It is a fictional date arrived at by dishonest mental gymnastics and pure fantasy. 

Just curious: why do you accept the 1914 date WT teaches? Isn't this the same organization that is, by your own admission, full of baloney and absurdities?? 

As far as your argument that WT/JWs preach the good news and all other Christians are clueless, I beg to differ. This video absolutely obliterates your claim on both accounts. Watch what happens at 3:45 in the video (watch the entire thing to put it in context):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OeLt_884iA&feature=player_detailpage 

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

And Shirley brings the games back.

MOST of what the WT teaches is true- but a lot of baloney has been added. Again.

I have no desire to review the Book of Daniel with you.

Only vidiots rest their views on videos.

Why not TELL us all what the so-called 'gospel' of Churchianity is, hmmmmmmmmm?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit