Still pointing your Finger when having a Rafter in your eye?

by DocHouse 245 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Those religions are complete fabrications.

How do you know?

• Island Man
    Island Man

DocHouse: "I look at myself and others as those in ancient Israel who had to endure foolishness (and oft evil) in their king and/or priests....

Yet, they ARE my brothers and sisters"

A Catholic or a member of some other religion in "Churchianity" that you deem to be false, can make the very same argument to justify remaining in and defending their religion, yet you hypocritically use this reasoning to look at your religion as "the Truth" and would reject the same reasoning from that other person to condemn their religion as being false, a part of "Babylon the Great". How is your position really any better than theirs? Because the errors of your religion are different to the errors of theirs? Jehovah winks at some false teachings but condemns others, does he?

• Splash
    Splash

Be kind to dochouse. He's just woken up mentally and can't handle the cognitive dissonance.

Give him a few months and he'll quit parroting WT articles and start accepting what is patently and provably true instead.

It's a grieving process, as a lifetime of falsehoods and absurdities die.

Splash

• cofty
    cofty
    I agree.
  • DocHouse
    DocHouse

Yes, LoveUni- Churchianity is a fabrication, too. Scientific facts PROVE Creation- call it what you wish: "Creationism" is a term tarnished by Churchianity saying all things were made in less than a week....

Shirley, "pointing fingers" is a term applied to ' name-calling' and emotional accusation. I have read the first parts of the so-called 'Holy Books' of Islam and Buddhism, and quickly discerned the fabrications. With Hinduism, it was shown such as I studied IT with a Hindu Psychologist- who quickly found it out, too, as we questioned it. Thus, YOU are the Kettle.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse

Islandman- I WAS a Catholic once- and I assure you there is NO Comparison at ALL. NO truth is in the RCC at ALL.

Splash, babble all you wish. It's funny.

• Stirred
    Stirred

New light for me often means new theories. Many hypotheses have proven false thus they keep changing hypotheses but really just they are just theories as many churches.

• DocHouse
    DocHouse
    True, Stirred- but there are no "theories" as to who God and Christ are; only church tradition- and the simple words of Christ and scripture.
  • cofty
    cofty

And yet JWs have completely lost the sense of adoration for Jesus that was the norm in the early church.

• cofty
    cofty

3] Jesus was the focus of the BAPTISM of early Christians.

On the day of Pentecost Peter told the crowds to;

"Be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ." (Acts2:38)

As a result of Philip's preaching Samaritans were;

"Baptised in the name of the Lord Jesus." (Acts8:16)

Peter commanded Cornelius and his household to;

"Be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ." (Acts10:48)

When Paul found disciples in Ephesus who had not yet receive the Holy Spirit, he told them that they should be;

"Baptised in the name of the Lord Jesus." (Acts19:5)

Paul also reminded the Galatians that;

"All of you who were baptised into Christ have put on Christ." (Gal.3:27)

Every Jehovah's Witness is aware of the command to be baptised in the "name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."  It would be unthinkable however to speak only about being baptised in the name of the Lord Jesus. In the early church this was evidently common practice. Again it is not a sufficient answer to suggest that this is only a cultural difference. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit