Dan Sydlik dies, the last of the moderating forces.

by SadElder 126 Replies latest jw friends

• integ
    integ

How do you know he WASN'T a sadist? You are choosing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Something the GB NEVER is willing to extend to their hapless flock of believers.

Dan Dicklyk was a coward who didn't have the guts to do what was right when he had the chance. Poor guy would have lost his nice place to live if he had stood up.,,,whaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh (tears).

You're right..he was under a lot of pressure though so it's understandable he would just let children die.

What the heck. who cares...Right? After all he gave good talks.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    They believe they are doing the right thing.

So did the Nazi's, So do the KKK, So do Islamic terrorists...

How many kids have killed themselves over the Gb shunning policy? Yet they've sat there and done nothing to change it. If ONE person died because of a policy I made up or could change I would change it. The GB have done nothing to change that and every year the body numbers mount up even higher.

That makes them monsters in my book.

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing. And that's exactly what Dan did.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

All I can say is - thanks sf - that brought it home. I am forwarding this on.

sammieswife.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I agree with Dr Jekyll, they believed they did the right thing is so very relative, deep down they must know they are wrong, so their belief in their supposedly worthwhile mission may appear to be real but it is in my opinion hypocritical. They know they are wrong but will not admit it and change.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Let me ask you this: Who is more responsible, the GB members for their blood policy, or the parents of those children?
    Maybe my view of this is all wrong. I've never had a relative die from the blood policy. Of course, I MYSELF almost died of the policy - but I have absolutely no animosity toward the GB for that - I believed it myself so it was my choice. My point is, much more responsibility goes toward those parents.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    Let me ask you this: Who is more responsible, the GB members for their blood policy, or the parents of those children?

To use your own argument against you and answer your own question, the GB are the ones that are more responsible because the parents / rank and file believe they are doing the right thing because they are under the illusion that God said so. Why do they think God said so because the GB told them so.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

both parties share responsiblity ... one for inculcating those beliefs and one for believing them.

• sf
    sf

• integ
    integ

DanielP and Dr. Jekyll both have good points and Whatacoincidence summed it up well.

I think maybe that the poster who said that Sydlik was just doing "what he believed was right" most likely believes themself that the GB IS right.

In fairness to a person who has some carry-over warm fuzzies from their days in the "truth", it takes a while before you truly see this organization for the truly corrupt and evil entity that it really is.

It took me a while myself.

That being said, I don't care what anybody says, there are a LOT OF GOOD, HONEST HEARTED PEOPLE, in the org. Which makes it all the more reprehensible what the management in Brooklyn is doing to them.

I am NOT willing to give the GB the benefit of the doubt that they don't know that they are lying about pretty much everything. Sydlik knew. If he didn't, then he wasn't as bright a bulb as people are saying he was.

Thanks,

Integ.

• Confession
    Confession
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing.

I certainly agree with this statement. The problem is that a 'good man' has to know that something is evil before he does something about it. Now that I understand the "captivating concept" on which the WTS is based is evil, I do what I can to help others see it too--while recovering from this recent life-quake.

Do you believe there are people in the organization who don't understand that it is evil? Do you believe that at least some of these hold high-ranking positions within it?

I completely agree that even someone completely blind to this concept can't ultimately be excused for not doing something about it--just as people are often imprisoned for manslaughter when they didn't mean to kill someone.

If you think I'm one of those la-dee-dah, live and let live types, think again. I can admit that I'm angry. I'm angry that this bloody organization has stolen the minds and hearts of my entire family (30+ people) for four generations and more than sixty years. I'm angry that I, for so long, couldn't simply tell my mother how I rationally feel about the WTS. I'm angry that she said she wouldn't tell anyone about it when I finally did--but that within two weeks she did so anyway--even calling elders in the town where I moved and telling them, "Please go save my granddaughter's life!" I'm angry that I couldn't move frigging 2300 miles away without this happening. That I now won't get to see any of my family--until (I hope) one or two of them finally figure it all out. And I'd be angry as hell if one of my family members had died--as my father very nearly did--because of their ever-shifting policies on blood transfusions.

But...as hotly as my anger may flare, I know that it will solve nothing unless more positively channeled. That is to say, I consider those who are associate with the organization as "captives of a concept." Since I believe the majority really believe what they're doing is right, I consider them less evil and more sick. Excuse? Hell, no! Just an explanation.

See, as much as I love my mother and father, I know that they very likely would have let me die before allowing a blood transfusion. And while this angers me too, I know they'd have done it thinking it was the right thing. Woefully misguided? Yes. Ignorant? Yes. Worthy of being fought against? Yes! Evil? Not by my definition.

Can you deal with a challenge like this? Can you, for one minute, imagine the possibility that some of those Governing Body members seriously believe they are at the helm of God's one true human instrument--and don't get it that they're responsible for evil?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit