Dan Sydlik dies, the last of the moderating forces.

by SadElder 126 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Wow! He was unlike anyother GB's. He was really down to earth when he spoke...he always spoke of his frailties.

He leaves a beautiful "young" wife.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    So far the replacements have been < 70 and long time reporters to Jaracz. Will it be more or less likely for this trend to continue as more of the old guard dies off and more of the new guard are pro-Jaracz?

Yes!

The society will claim that TJ is the strong arm being used by Jehovah because of all the attacks coming from us devil led apostates.

Most likely he will be compared to some of the biblical heroes such as Moses.........or someone of no "letters".........who Jehovah uses for theocratic warfare.

TJ is just another "Judge" Rutherford...........someone with enough balls to use the IFS method of ruling. INTIMIDATION, FEAR AND SARCASM. The yes men under him are too afraid to say anything but YES. They might not have a home if they say anything from their heart. And they might actually have to learn what a real job is............and what paying real bills is.

Need I say more?

HappyDad

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21
    sure God would use (is using?) this organization. But, since God isn't using it there is little reason to hope for reform.

AuldSoul, don't want to hijack the thread, but I am sure we could argue about this ad nauseum. I just don't see whether God is or is not "using" the Org or whether Jesus is or is not "directing" it to be a factor.

If one believes that God or Jesus is directing the Org than two viewpoints arise: changes that occur must have God's blessing or possibly be instigated by God/Jesus and secondly, change against God's will would be impossible.

If one doesn't believe that God or Jesus are directing the Org at all, then it is truly irrelevant to either implementing or preventing changes which might arise from internal and external forces.

As you know, I believe that change is inevitable and will come about through both external and internal pressures. All it takes is the will of the people and perhaps a few good leaders and challengers against the status quo to set about the changes (reform).

Such would be reformers have everything in their favor.

First, it is inherent to the Organization's culture and part of its own self-image that it is "God's celestial chariot, on the move" and subject to change and in fact change has been a part of the Organization during its entire history. Change is expected by JWs and they readily adapt, to even sweeping changes. Sure there are always some drop-out with each big change just as the history has shown, but the rest keep going and the new ones join in. Future JWs will adjust to and accept the changes of the 1914/FDS doctrine, Blood, DF'ng, etc. etc. and not look back.

And second, there is a convergence of several favourable factors DURING OUR TIME including the vacuum of strong leadership/changing of the old guard/evaporation of the WT Presidency, the lack of a "Armageddon date" or theological construct (perhaps for the first time in the Organization's history) that spurs persons to look toward a short-term view and "wait on Jehovah" and finally the advent of the Internet which allows for the free exchange of ideas and reform effort among reformers both in and out of the Organization as well as ready access to information that challenges or disintegrates the status quo.

All it takes is some Imagination and a little effort.

-Eduardo

• Severus
    Severus

And then there were 10...

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

To tell you the truth.....I know the Watchtower Org. Is not blessed by God and so what happens inside their doors with the Governing Body does not concern me at all. Reform or NO reform!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

This is truly sad. Dan Sydlik was the one member of the GB I still respected. He had the most gentle demeanor, very down to earth, extremely kind. His talks were also on the more rational/"with it" side of the spectrum as well.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Met him a few times, really neutral on him.

Just another guy that refused to come to the aid of the flock. Either a bad man or a weak man.

u

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

He seemed to be a very joyous person. While most of that is probably genetic, I'm sure that he will be missed as from what I know he was a likeable and personable character, not a crusty, cantankerous fundy like TJ and his ilk.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    This is truly sad. Dan Sydlik was the one member of the GB I still respected. He had the most gentle demeanor, very down to earth, extremely kind. His talks were also on the more rational/"with it" side of the spectrum as well.

i can vouch. Remember??? "It's good to be alive and to serve the only true and living God Jehovah" ????

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"Either a bad man or a weak man."

If only things were this simple....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit