Dan Sydlik dies, the last of the moderating forces.

by SadElder 126 Replies latest jw friends

• SadElder
    SadElder

Our good friend Dan Sydlik died today about 2 PM eastern time. He was the last of the moderating forces on the GB. Lately he has had little influence among the Ted (aka The Boss) Jaracz (head of the Bethel CIA - The Service Department) henchmen and loyalists.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I wonder who's going to fill his seat.

Thanks for passing on the news...

• heathen
    heathen

In what respect was he a good friend to the evil apostates ?

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I remember a tape of a special talk he gave, and described his visit to Poland and the, then, USSR. It was a great talk. I was on the edge of my seat listening to it.

• carla
    carla

How old was he?

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are all much of a muchness Sydlik hasn't changed anything and could have left like Franz did.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

that is interesting news. he was one of the few GB I have heard talk in person.

interesting changes to the GB in the next decade or so as all of the old guys WILL die....

-Eduardo

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Thanks for passing that on SadElder. I once heard a tape of one of his talks, and it was perhaps the best talk I ever heard. I can't really say I'll miss him personally, but it's always sad when someone dies.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    interesting changes to the GB in the next decade or so as all of the old guys WILL die....

True. So far the replacements have been < 70 and long time reporters to Jaracz. Will it be more or less likely for this trend to continue as more of the old guard dies off and more of the new guard are pro-Jaracz? The change will bring increased pressure to bear as the decades long struggle between moderation and zeal for what is upright in the eyes of Theo (the grand Theo-crat) literally dies out.

I enjoyed Dan Sydlik's company. I have little doubt that he was certain reform would eventually come to this organization because he was sure God would use (is using?) this organization. But, since God isn't using it there is little reason to hope for reform.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• serendipity
    serendipity

Sad news for some. I'm sure he will be missed. Is he married? What happens to the wives of the GB members that die? I remember Knorr's wife ended up remarrying another Bethelite and lived on the WT farms or something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit