Dan Sydlik dies, the last of the moderating forces.

by SadElder 126 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Johnny Cip,

Just guessing...you met him once? You two were best friends at some point? Or are you doing the same thing that the WTS does to me—if I disagree with WTS dogma I am an "evil" apostate, there is no distinction made between individuals or degree.

A PIECE OF SHIT WILL NEVER SHINE NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU POLISH IT.

I can easily imagine this same comment from Jaracz about you and I. Lumping every individual on the Governing Body together and treating them as identical in nature is not something I will ever join you in doing.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Breakfast at Cranberrys
    Breakfast at Cranberrys

I'm no fan of Sydlik. But I do believe he was as big a sucker as the rest of us. Just another follower of followers. Besides, I counseled more than a few people on the blood issue in my life. I brought a few people into the troof. While I didn't have nearly the authority or responsibility of a GB, my hands are too dirty to cast stones. He's dead and that's that.

And to XBEHERE: yep, I'm an ex-bethelite too. I remember seeing Sydlik one night on Columbia Heights while Monday study was going on. In other words, we were both skipping! Heh. I thought it was pretty damn funny at the time.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Sydlik sold his heart and soul to the Watchtower Printing, Prophesying and Making-Up-Shit Corporation. He didn't speak for God, himself or anyone else other than the Watchtower Corporation. Was he afraid to change his status quo by doing so? Who gives a rat? He was complicit and despite his "nice" personality, I send him to Hell.

Just as I did to Lyman Swingle, who I thought (on the surface) was a great guy. (He was...on the surface, that is.) I knew his entire family, including his own father, "Doc" Swingle. I dated one of his nieces and knew his two brothers. I introduced his only sister to her husband about two million years ago. Her son was best man at my wedding.

Sydlik and Swingle sold their souls to garbage and despite the fact that they might be likable, still sold their souls and the millions who trusted them with their own souls, to garbage. And even worse, ruination.

Farkel

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

There's no 'springtime for hitler', nor for any GB member other than Ray Franz, who actually stood up to be counted against what any reasonable person would see as wrong.

The death of a GB member is like the death of any member of a ruling totalitarian government body who has sat and presdied over human rights abuses without saying "NOT IN MY NAME". Oh dear, what a pity, never mind. I certainly wouldn't 'rejoice', as that is unseemly, but I give respect where it's due and he and his ilk are due none.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Another analogy:

Who is more responsible Satan the Devil or Adam and Eve ?

One was a deciever the other was decieved.

There is no hope for the deciever, there is hope for the decieved.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Dan Sydlik dies, the last of the moderating forces.

Interesting - just what have any of 'em 'moderated'? They still disfellowship the victims of pedophiles, don't they? They still keep people from partaking of the emblematic representation of Jesus' body at the Memorial, don't they? They are still oppressive and mean spirited aren't they? They still make people die whom they teach the wrong view of blood, transplants, or whatever it might be this season.

I never met the guy - and he may be a fine guy - but I can't see where anyone has moderated the Rutherfordlike style in the forty years I was associated with the religion. It has only gotten worse.

Jeff

• geevee
    geevee

Could it be as Jesus described " A blind mand leading a blind man?" And they both end up falling into the pit?
    So how old was he? 86?
    What a sad waste.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Too bad he forgot:

"Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues, for her sins are piled up to heaven, and God has remembered her crimes." - Revelation 18:4,5 (NIV)

• caspian
    caspian

Ozzie you are quite correct Dan should have known better

• minimus
    minimus

But Farkel and Johnny, the real question is, "Do you like sh*t"?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit