RICHIE RED ALERT

by RichieRich 324 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    richie was a little too upfront and "in their face" - and BTW I am a RichieRich fan and a total supporter and agree he has balls but remember we are all trying to win a war here - not the odd battle -and sometimes keeping off the radar screen is a better ploy and tactic

What you say is true, but we have to remember that Richie is still young and we can't blame him for being "up front and in their face" since it seems that everytime he has done things in the past he won praises and slaps on the back from almost everyone on the forum. Not saying this is a bad thing, but for someone Richies age it must feel good and i'm sure that may have had something to do with his being so up front about it. Who wouldn't want to feel that feeling you get when people sing praises in your honor?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

have to remember that Richie is still young and we can't blame him for being "up front and in their face" since it seems that everytime he has done things in the past he won praises and slaps on the back from almost everyone on the forum. When I was his age I was like him - he reminds me of myself when I was his age

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Then you were one of the good guys to.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Then you were one of the good guys too. Well I was not a witness and I was so full of confidence I was down right arrogant at times - so I was not "Good" but I did not like elder types "lording it over me" still do not

• bebu
    bebu

Wow, look at all the things I've missed out on this weekend...

RR, I know that you will come thru this fine. I hope your dear mom will, too.

I'll certainly be watching for updates. I can't wait for the book to get more exposure online--and into the hands of some intuitive lawyers.

bebu

• Berean
    Berean

cyd0099

I noticed several posts here that are trying “to prove points”; like you posted to me, and some others, “Stop with trying to prove points. This Is Richie's thread. Start a new thread about the morality of theft if you feel so strongly about it.”

Do you only note this when someone disagrees with you? Let’s be consistent. Please admonish the rest to observe proper etiquette on the site and start a new thread.

I still support Richie Rich in his search for freedom, and independence, from a corporate mentality.

• Confession
    Confession

First, knowing Richie a bit, I'm not terribly concerned that any of this discussion on the ethics of taking the book is at all troubling to him. So I'll give my comments on it.

From the few posters who've questioned it, it would appear there may be two lines of thought. 1) Beep perhaps does not agree that the WTS' policies regarding pedophilia are as serious as some of us do. 2) A few others wish to state that 'theft of any sort is simply wrong, case closed.' They include the thought that doing so results in our 'stooping to their level' and how this only validates negative claims the WTS makes about so-called "apostates."

1...Beep, if this is the case, then we simply have another debate. But let me ask you this question: If the marginal notes in this "Flock" book included information that was even more incriminating--say, things that convinced you they were in fact guilty of very serious moral and legal infractions, things that positively outraged you--would you agree that, given these circumstances, taking the book in order to make the facts public and put a stop to such activity would be the right thing to do?

2...To stand on principle is a fine thing. Recently I told a number of my workmate friends not to tell me anything they didn't want our fellow workmates to hear. Why? Because I'm a terrible liar. I don't think lying is right, I'm not good at it, and I don't like being put in the position to lie for others. Stated Principle: Lying is wrong.

Now, for the rest of my life, there may be a certain comfort in being able to say that I will never--under any circumstances--lie. And who knows? Maybe I'll live out my entire life never having to break this personal policy. Good for me. But I am aware that other virtuous persons throughout history have been put in a position in which holding to this policy resulted in profound, unjust ramifications for many others. If you were a German businessman during World War II--and you were horrified by Hitler's racial cleansing--would you admit that some of your employees were Jews when questioned? Or--if it were in your power--would you lie about it?

It would certainly be good to stand on this fine "no lie" principle, and be able to say at the end of your life that you never broke it. But extraordinary circumstances presented themselves, didn't they? I think most of you would have lied. Lives would have been saved from a madman, and you'd sleep just fine at night.

So what about stealing? Okay... Stated Principle: Stealing is wrong. Some contributors here have already noted that somtimes stealing may actually be necessary. When? When necessary to survive, someone may need to steal food for themselves or their families--when no alternative exists. What if a company you work for were pumping carcinogenic chemicals into the ground--and that you had proof they knew that it was making its way into local drinking water? What if they were committed to concealing this information and continuing to do what you considered to be immoral and illegal--and any employee who tried to put an end to it was fired? What if you had access to documents that would expose this?

You could say, "Look, stealing is wrong, case closed." Great. You've satisfied your personal policy just fine. You feel good about yourself for this. And hundreds of thousands continue to be exposed to cancer-causing chemicals in their drinking water. Good for you, buddy.

You can't accuse me of a strawman argument here, because I'm not trying to say that the preceding examples are exactly the same situation as Richie's. I am countering the "Lying is wrong, case closed" position as an absolute principle. And don't misunderstand. I'm not trying to say, "Oh, stealing's not so bad! (Grin) C'mon, once in awhile, if you can get away with it, go for it!" No.

What I'm saying is that righteous persons have lied when presented with extraordinary circumstances. Since we may not all agree on which circumstances are or are not "extraordinary," we may find ourselves in disagreement from time to time. But your blanket policy--while perhaps comforting to you--can actually be irresponsible (and horribly so) if it means a great injustice goes on.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Confession...well said! I appreciate your thoughts on the topic and the way you presented them.

Swalker

• oldflame
    oldflame
    Richie's taking that book is wrong. You complain how the witnesses do this and do that. That they are evil and therefore it's ok to engage in ILLEGAL activity to bring them down. I can't agree. Two wrongs do NOT make a right. Unless of course you see nothing wrong with sinking to the level you accuse the witnesses of using.

These kind of actions will only re-enforce the view witnesses have of those who opppose them. It's a step BACKWARDS in my opinion.

If I recall the bible says "do unto others as you would have others do unto you. Well the WTS has done unto others and it's coming right back at them. There ! that's how I feel !

• toreador
    toreador

Confession made some FINE points!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit