by RichieRich 324 Replies latest jw friends

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

:)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Well sadi FHN - love the new avatar BTW

Thank you, Stilla.

Call me a strawman. I don't care. Remember Queen Ester. If sticking to the letter of the law was so important, Ester would not have stuck up for her people and a lot of people would have died. I've been thinking about this lately. Some argue and say that Ester should not be included in the Bible. I think the entire reason the books is included is to show that it's not always wise intelligent or right to stick rigidly with a law. Read Ester and see if you don't agree.

And Richie, "Out of the mouths of babes..." Keep up the fine fight and don't let anyone silence you. Please tell your mother that this mother is very proud of Richie Rich.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Okay, here's the deal:

Everyone has choices. Richie made the choice to take a book. Many of you would not have made that choice. Why must we continue debating this?

Beep, it appears from your first post that you can't believe we (and I include myself in this) would support Richie's actions. Some of us do, some of us don't. However the majority of us totally support Richie as a person. He has proven that he is a good person, with just a bit of an edge on him. But isn't that normal for a SEVENTEEN year old? Had Richie been 25, 30 or 40, maybe his choice would have been different.

Berean, Straw Man argument noted. However, I would like to point out that the world is never just BLACK or WHITE. It's never one way OR the other. There are so many issues where the answer lies somewhere in the GREY field between the two. And for different people, that answer could be anywhere in the grey.

It's been noted that those of us that support Richie are still thinking like the WTS. "They're doing it, so why can't we?" type of thinking. Wow. I honestly didn't take that into consideration. You just might be right. However, I would like to point out another WTS way of thinking that has appeared on this thread: The WTS also has no issue telling people what to think and why, however I don't think they would point anyone to Wikipedia.

The real issue is that Richie is going through some very rough times that he should not have to go through. Many of us have been there before, and some of us are fortunate enough not to have gone through them. Either way, NO ONE should have to go through this. The real issue is that these janitors and window washers elders are trying to play god with other people's lives. It is just another reason why I hate the WTS!

Richie, you have my support.

CountryGuy

• WildHorses
    WildHorses
    Richie's taking that book is wrong. You complain how the witnesses do this and do that. That they are evil and therefore it's ok to engage in ILLEGAL activity to bring them down. I can't agree. Two wrongs do NOT make a right. Unless of course you see nothing wrong with sinking to the level you accuse the witnesses of using.

These kind of actions will only re-enforce the view witnesses have of those who opppose them. It's a step BACKWARDS in my opinion.

I would agree with this if it weren't for one fact. According to the WT itself, all literature is free, on a donation basis. How is it possible to steal something that is free?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I would agree with this if it weren't for one fact. According to the WT itself, all literature is free, on a donation basis. How is it possible to steal something that is free?

They put a disclaimer in the front of the book and say it is the property of the congregation and must be returned if the brother is no longer serving as an elder. However the other side of the coin is They do not say that with the pioneer book Shining as Illuminators

• Spectre
    Spectre

For the greater good,

I would stoop to their level.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

It is simply put a matter of the spirit of the law as opposed to the letter of the law. Nothing more or less.

Cab.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Not only is the literature free but it's an fing library!

Library : a collection of literary documents or records kept for reference or borrowing

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Right now, its not about who stole what. We need to give support to RR and make sure that he is doing ok and see if he needs any of us. So why dont we all get off of that high horse about stealing and just worry about RR right now. My heart goes out to you RR.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Stilla, good thing that Richie isn't an Elder then. That means he doesn't have to give it back.

"Let he without sin cast the first stone." All those downing Richie for taking that book need to think long and hard about that.

I'm the first to admit had I been in Richies shoes, I'd have also taken that book. Sometimes in order to do something good, you may have to do something wrong and if it helps where molestation is concerned...........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit