RICHIE RED ALERT

by RichieRich 324 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

About the book.....What is done is done and over with, it is in the past so leave it there.

Hang in there Richie!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I'm no lawyer, but I am pretty sure that even "theft" of a private corporate policy manual can be overridden if it is in the public interest to make this information readily available. I believe this document in particular might fall under the public interest. There are precedents in other areas. For instance, public bodies cannot refuse to release information under freedom of information legislation on the grounds that it might be "embarrassing" or if it's labelled "private". The public interest overrides all.
  • free2beme
    free2beme

I love the fact that active Witnesses read this site. It shows there is a chance for them to learn the real truth. That is awesome! I always thought they would stay away from this site, as we are controled by Satan the Devil after all. This is cool!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

It is a known fact that Jehovah's Witnesses have and do engage in illegal activities when they feel they are in the right to do so. The "Jehovah's Witnesses: Proclaimers of God's Kingdom" book is replete with examples For example,page 448 states: "To avoid arrest, Witnesses would call at one door in an apartment house and then perhaps go to another building, or after calling at just one house they would go to another street before approaching another house. But they were by no means timid about giving a witness." Also, page 454 states: "At the risk of their lives August Kraft, Peter Golles, Ludwig Cyranek, Therese Schreiber, and many others shared in reproducing and distributing study material that was smuggled into Austria from Czechoslovakia, Italy, and Switzerland." Page 494: "During bans, congregation meetings were often held in the countryside, picnic-style, as here in Portugal."

According to Jehovah's Witnesses, there is a time when illegal activity is not only permissible but expected.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Some former Scientologists have also been accused of stealing "secret" church documents and making them available to the public. Sound familiar? I found the following an interesting read:

http://www.cyberlaw.com/cylw0495.html

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

This is a good legal defense.JWs pretend to be above the law so therefore you saw nothing wrong with your action.You were raised to be that way.Above the law.

• Berean
    Berean

Unfortunately, I agree with those that say that this was theft.

I fully support Ritchie Rich, in the majority of what he is doing; however; taking a book without permission is theft, no matter how you justify it. If he wants a place to stay for a while, he is more than welcome to come here, and I will support him100%! But I will not support him in theft of property.

Theocratic warfare or not; theft is theft. If you don’t like it – too bad. Don’t come crying to me about what the Society has done – YOU NEVER BECOME THEM!

Richie, give them their GODLESS PROPAGANDA back if they ask for it. Be better than them. Do not stoop to their level.

My prayers are with you Richie.

• WLG
    WLG

Just dawned on me, the kid is on his way out of a cult, upsetting his mother and the balance of his home...and we're worried about whether or not it's ok to take a book from them.

Good luck dude, thinking about you today.

WLG

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""Actually, it was an elder (?) that gave RR the keys to go in a locked room to get something for him...in the process he saw the book. ; Technically, if someone gives you the keys...they are as responsible as he is.""

So then someone hands me the keys to the local hardware store for the purpose of getting a pipe wrench and I go ahead and take the tablesaw or drill press that happen to be there, I'm NOT responsible?

Can't agree with you on this. Unsound reasoning on your part I think. A certain level of trust is needed between individuals and stealing anything betrays that trust.

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Okay, I get it; stealing is wrong.

Geez...

Now can we get back to giving Richie some support and love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit