worst Bookstudy book

by darth frosty 83 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

The blood booklet. I actually remember my father trying to place that horrible booklet in the door-to-door work. I remember the look on the people's faces. Maybe it wasn't the blood booklet; maybe it was the Trinity brochure. Whichever thing it was it says the same thing: blah blah blah blah...

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Anything they have to say about a given topic can be sumed up into an article, but they make books so that we can waste more of our time reading them.

Interesting observation.

I've often wondered why they didn't (or don't!) give more attention to teaching the one book which they claim to read, and that's the Bible.

When you look at the life of the average dub, he/she receives very little Bible teaching. Oh yes, the Borg protests that everything is Bible-based™ but in reality it's mens' opinions they're learning i.e. the rainbow collection of books!

• free2beme
    free2beme

Rev Book. Especially when we started restudying it and there were parts that they would skip, because the understanding had changed. How did I not see that as a sign back then, I wonder all the time.

• formyboys
    formyboys

Worst: Revelation Book. It had a WT spin for every verse,

Best: Babylon the Great Has Fallen. It had the coolest pictures to alter and color in. Anyone remember the two headed fanged sheep? (For JW's, I had cool parents-My Dad would even pass me different colored pens)

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Thank you all for your comments. One thing I realized reading all of your post, is that we spent alot of time, reviewing the same crappy material over and over again. And ozzie, I remember them stopping that book and telling the R&F to move on to something that wont cause everyone in the bookstudy to start commiting suicide like in the movie airplane when robert hayes character would start to tell his story.

• Ozner
    Ozner

The Daniel and Isajah book are the worsed! Example: the wooden table at the UN offices in The Hague were mentioned and explained in some bible text.

The Best: the book with the gold cover, happyness book.

Ozner

• lawrence
    lawrence

All the books were horrible, but what was even worse was sitting in stifling heat in the summer and the smell from some of those people cramped in a living room and belching, farting, coughing blood, and sneezing contagious lungs. The last bookstudy I went to I had a revelation ... we must be in the great tribulation, or hell - nothing could be worse than hearing sister Mona describe the Sacred Secret - she knew! She knew everything, and what she didn't know, Jehovah hadn't revealed to her and her old man, Josh.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    I've often wondered why they didn't (or don't!) give more attention to teaching the one book which they claim to read, and that's the Bible.

g'day ozzie,

Yes, remember the bible drives where we'd have special campaigns to place™ 'New World Translations™'. Even they were a hard sell - greeted with much suspicion. The most commonly asked question being: "If it's a real bible, why is it green?"

I remember trying hard to place™ one with a bloke once, I almost had him when he spotted a black deluxe edition in my bag. Of course I ordered him one and he was a happy customer householder™.

salesman publisher™ unc.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Lottsa replies to this... haven't read them all...

I gotta get my answer in to this, although it will 'date' me...

'Babylon the Great' book... was sorta like 'A tale of two cities' in High School. Very thick... and long... and quite a snoozer for a young child like I was - at that time.

I also think we had to do it twice. A time span of about 4 years or so. I was the 'reader' the next time we went through it - and my older sister would read through the lesson first, and then ask me 'how do you pronounce this word?' - that is - she was helping me to learn the pronounciations of some of the more difficult words.

I really appreciated her assistance - so I wouldn't look the total fool reading them there difficult words. (Nebuchad-jassariah-zekial)

Regards,

Jim TX

• Poztate
    Poztate
    There was a time when we were wading through the Bab the Grt book at the bible study (book study) and the Society announced that we should stop after Part One and get on to another book. Remember that!

I think they had to take a break because people were thinking up any excuse AT ALL to stay home from the book study.

I don't think anyone...study conductors included could really explain what that book was all about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit