worst Bookstudy book

by darth frosty 83 Replies latest watchtower bible

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

The family book was pretty terrible. I've haven't been around long enough to have to endure the Revelation book (thank God).

• JeffT
    JeffT

Hard to pick a top stinker out of the pile. There was one that was released the summer after I got baptized, even the title was terrible: something like "God's Eternal Purpose now working out for the good of all mankind." We just called it the eternal purpose book. I don't think anybody understood it, and it has never been used since, as it very definitely pointed to 1975. The books about Revelation were terrible with all the monster crawling out of the ocean etc.

The James book was the one that made some sense. It is also the only true commentary the WTBS has ever published. Not surprising that Ed Dunlap was DF'd not long afterward, he made the mistake of actually trying to teach the bible.

I was already out when I got my hands on the greatest man book, and a good thing. I threw it against the wall when I got to the last page where they quoted Pontius Pilate to show that Jesus was a man, not God.

• mathead
    mathead

The family book - too personal i think

"you know how a boy is he has a penis"

end quote

It made some of the hot 13 year olds blush

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Gosh I feel like an old bastard! I remember "Babylon the Great has Fallen"! fer gods sake.

Nuther old bastard here....That book had to be the worst droner they ever put out.It was little Freddy Franzie at the height of his power and living in his own little mind. My godddd...how did we ever fall for this SHIT

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    ; ; ; ; Nuther old bastard here....That book had to be the worst droner they ever put out.It was little Freddy Franzie at the height of his power and living in his own little mind.

That one was really weird wasn't it?

I remember seeing Fred Franz release it (yep, his talk went on quite a while too!) and thinking how wonderful it was but then, I read it!

It was strange - it was in two halves! Each half was quite different! and it just went on and on and on and on and on and on and...................

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Just remembered....

I reckon the WTS knew how boring the Babylon the Great book was - remember this?

There was a time when we were wading through the Bab the Grt book at the bible study (book study) and the Society announced that we should stop after Part One and get on to another book. Remember that!

• juni
    juni

Oh my gosh, Blondie.

Did you bring back bad memories. BABYLON THE GREAT blah blah blah was one of the worse. And those stinkin booklets that you had to get the question from. And then try to balance a baby on your lap. Felt like I was doing a juggling act. Horrible!!!!

FAMILY book - studied umpteen times also. And yes. A lot of those questions were personal.

Probably my "favorite" was the Evolution book. But it dragged also.

Any of the studies w/the prophets - like the Ezekiel book, etc.

Juni

• juni
    juni
    Any of the studies w/the prophets - like the Ezekiel book, etc.

Juni

Must clarify this - these books were sooooooooooooooo boring. And I do remember Ozzie about stopping mid-book in one of them. I guess it showed how important the info was - it was just a filler. Something to fill the book study time and keep us out of trouble. I don't remember what book we went on to then. Too long ago.

Thinking more on this subject, I have to say my real favorite was the TRUTH THAT LEADS TO ET. LIFE book. I was new and naive. Didn't know what I was getting into.

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

The main thing I remember about the Babylon book as a kid is thinking "its thicker than the other books so it must be important and hard to understand". After all, it had its own separate booklet with the questions for study.

Mixed in there was a series of books that covered the whole spectrum of the rainbow. Its a blur now.

Axel

• Generic Man
    Generic Man

Every book that they've ever published is a tedious, long-winded bore. Anything they have to say about a given topic can be sumed up into an article, but they make books so that we can waste more of our time reading them. If we're reading their books, we'll have no time to read anything else. With books like Babylon the Great Has Fallen, all they have to do is convince their audience that what they're reading is deep and profound, so they'll stay tuned and what for the next pot-boiler to come out. Sorry if I sound cranky, but I just came back from a meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit