worst Bookstudy book

by darth frosty 83 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Legolas

Interesting point you made about Mankinds Search For God with the cover change. It's also one of the books I was anxious to study, but watchtower never did schedule that one for bookstudy. Now I'm out what'll I do?

Dismembered

• blondie
    blondie

UB

Perhaps "Worldwide Government" 1977

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Definitely the "Greatest man" book. We went through it so many times, which drove me nuts. It was written so that any fourth grader could comprehend it, yet getting people to comment on it was like pulling teeth for the conductor. It did nothing to highten my respect for Jesus or his apostles. By the time we finished the book I was perceiving Jesus and his followers as a bunch of bums, wandering aimlessly around Isreal preaching because it was easier than getting a real job. Sounds a bit like pioneering™, eh?

W

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No question the Isaiah books - it would have helped if we had another publication in between studying volume 1 and volume 2 - but to study them back-to-back was very tedious indeed

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

uncle B your not talking about the truth book are you? that was a dandy too.

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

Best:Greatest Man (relatively speaking): I really started to see the disconnect between the gospel and what was being practiced by the WT. I could see a closer resemblance to the pharisees that anything close to what Jesus taught.

Worst:Isaiah Books: the most boring drivel I have ever studied from the WT. I didn't stick around for part 2. Everything was about 1919 and everything bad = apostate Christendom, everything good = WT. Not even good pictures to keep you interested. The Revelation book runs a close second, but at least it had pictures.

Axel

• Woofer
    Woofer

The Revelation Book for me . . but the neat thing was that once you covered it at the book study, then the next two times it was covered you didn't need to waste time "studying" since it was already underlined and everyone would think you did a good job at your homework.

• lowden
    lowden

Darth

I must agree with you...the Isaiah stuff bored the crap out of me. But it was also because it all centred around prophesies of condemnation. There was always a gloomy feeling inside me after sitting through that! Truly Horrible!!!

Peace

Lowden

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Lemme tell you about some comment an elder made during a study with the Family book. The "you must stick to your wife" scripture came up and he made a comment about how after sex, semen actually sticks to the walls of the vagina for some time, and that this is a literal meaning of the scripture, besides many figurative meanings. I shit you not. That elder's son later pleaded guilty to molesting a girl in our congregation. The girl's mother DA herself. The elder's son was DF for a couple of years, reinstated, and now is back in the congregation, playing with all the kiddies. That single episode created about 10-15 apostates in the local town. Anyway, just an old memory of how fucked up that elder and his family was/is.

Oh yeah, and the elder of course stepped aside when his son was DF'd, but is now back as an elder. Doesn't Jehooker work in mysterious ways?

• wednesday
    wednesday

to me there is no contest here,

Babylon the Great Has Fallen, God's kingdom Rules-the worst book published after 1950

I have no idea how many times we went through that book but I was offically there for all of them. I did not understand it then and don't now. We all thought it was so "deep".

The best book I feel the society has ever published is James book. It was friendly and actually made me feel like I belonged to

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit