worst Bookstudy book

by darth frosty 83 Replies latest watchtower bible

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

what is the book you liked the least studying at the bookstudy? For me it was the Isaiah books. Side question which book did you like the best?

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Revelation book!!! and not once but 3 times.. arggggghh. Hated it, could never understand it and just thought it was misapplied drivel.

Also hated the Daniel book, and again, had to study it twice, although the second time spent a lot of time thinking about other things!

Best one.. that's a much harder question!

Poppy

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I couldn't think of a best one either. Ironically I used to like the revelation book back when I was brain washed.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I agree with Poppy. Having to study that Revelation book 3 times was just horrible... the pain the pain!!

I can't say I really enjoyed one particular book. But I did like it when we did brochures. I knew they would be finished up quickly at least.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The Daniel book. Chapter after chapter of how 2 scriptures apply to 3000 years of human history rates on the level of infinite absurdity. WT reaching for applicable prochecy at its finest.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Worst.... Revelation Climax! book. Made me seriously wonder why I was wasting my time at the meetings when I had homework to do.

Best.... Umm, ummmmmmm, hmm. Well, the Creation book was dreadful, but it was at least not so boring.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

The Great Teacher book was a real drag. What a load of carp and it is right up there with "see spot run" first grade books in grammar school.

I liked the Babylon book the first two times by the third time it got way boring. Book Study was always one meeting I planned to miss and that took some planning on my part cuz we had the group meet at our house for years.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The pink Listening to the Great Teacher book was the very first exposure to the JWs I ever had. I remember this event quite well. My mom gave it to me when I was 5 years old. She was sharing with me the story of Jesus' resurrection and I pointed to the picture of the rolled away circular stone and asked, "Is that God?"

And that was the very beginning of the next 17 years of my life.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

That pale yellowish green book (bigger than the truth book) we studied during the 70's and then again later. Was it the Daniel Book. I always wondered why I couldn't understand those "deep" books. Well, it's not that they were really that deep. They were very poorly written and needed the touch of a good editor. They tied my brain in knots, trying to unravel the poorly written sentences. Most sentences contained the idea, expressed three different ways in the same sentence. Why did ego not allow the writers to use the services of a gifted editor?

I actually liked the Rev. Climax book. But I recall very vividly thinking, "How did they come up with these explanations of those prophecies? It sounds egotistical and unbelievable."

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Leolaia,

Best.... Umm, ummmmmmm, hmm. Well, the Creation book was dreadful, but it was at least not so boring.

What, you didn't like Ed Dunlap's Commentary on the Letter of James? I loved it. Would probably still like it today; unlike Luther, I don't think James was a "straw epistle." My other favorite was the "Man's Salvation" book, – can't remember the full title any more – which probably would not stand up to a "worldly" reading.

gently feral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit