worst Bookstudy book

by darth frosty 83 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

The Greatest Man book

No questions at the end of the paragraphs...end of the chapter.

We actually read scripture chunks, not individual scriptures out of context.

By the third time, I could clearly see the elders reflected in the actions of the Pharisees.

Blondie

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

All the books!!! Seriously, The revelation book, I think I hate it so much that I will burn it

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I hated all of them and I didn't even know it until I left. I think I was just numb - growing up in the bOrg can do that to you.

Josie

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Best: Aged 8 -10 : Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained (but after the forth time with my dumb family it got really boring) Aged 10 -12: Babylon the Great & Finished mystery.

Worst: Anything regurgitated published after 1970. Especially "My bible Stories" and "Jesus the Great teacher" (I was so disgusted I decided not to read my girls such drivell).

LOL at onesong: Yes, 'conducting a study™' with the family book was a bit unearving. You never knew what was going to be confessed - from running arround the house naked to washing underwear in the shower.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Man's Salvation Out of World Distress At Hand was pale greeinish yellow studied around 76-77

God's Kingdom of A Thousand Years Has Approached was yellow

Dismembered

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hey dismembered what was the baby blue one - out about '78? lol (not the Evolution book but similar colour).

I'm disgusted that the WTCD isn't color -coded and doesn't have pre 1970's books

old frashioned unc

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Uncle Bruce

I can't say as I remember that one. Must be I've had a brain-fart.

Dismembered

• Legolas
    Legolas

Worst....

And damnit...I never got to do the Revelation book....LMAO!

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

There were too many boring books to name a "worst," but I particularly didn't like doing the Family book. I had abusive parents, especially my mother, and to sit there reading about how happy JW families are made me so sad. I thought I was doing something wrong, and I was so lonely.
    At least the Greatest Man book was easy to follow and focused on Jesus. (Not that I care now...I am agnostic.) To be honest, I preferred books that had lots of pictures. That sounds stupid coming from a fairly intelligent adult, but the pictures gave me something to do to alleviate boredom. I would study them more than anything else, and then my mind would wander.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Thanks anyhow dismembered,

It might have been Mans Salvation Near at Hand (1975)... There were so many of the buggers I started hoping the light would just stop where it is

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit