worst Bookstudy book

by darth frosty 83 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wednesday
    wednesday
    There were too many boring books to name a "worst," but I particularly didn't like doing the Family book. I had abusive parents, especially my mother, and to sit there reading about how happy JW families are made me so sad. I thought I was doing something wrong, and I was so lonely.

I know wolfgirl. I recall too, wondering "why does my family hate each other?" "why don't we look/feel like them? "

Daniel-p

Lemme tell you about some comment an elder made during a study with the Family book. The "you must stick to your wife" scripture came up and he made a comment about how after sex, semen actually sticks to the walls of the vagina for some time, and that this is a literal meaning of the scripture, besides many figurative meanings. I shit you not. That elder's son later pleaded guilty to molesting a girl in our congregation. The girl's mother DA herself. The elder's son was DF for a couple of years, reinstated, and now is back in the congregation, playing with all the kiddies. That single episode created about 10-15 apostates in the local town. Anyway, just an old memory of how fucked up that elder and his family was/is.

wow that was a F'd elder. I don't think I will be able to get that story out of my mind today. wow how dreadful

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Darth, I think blondie hit .. but I'll find it.

The Truth Book was a classic - a huge seller placer.

All I took rural witnessing was a bible, a truth book, a word book (for those who didn't accept the bible's authorita) and an evolution book (for the hard cases lol).

• anewme
    anewme

Oh reading all your posts has made me very sad!

Awful memories of boring book studies!

I did not think I would LIVE THROUGH some of them.

I looked for and prayed for distractions!!! Like the time when I was 17 and part of a book study in an elderly couples home. They had two chihuahuas with the same throat problem. For no apparent reason right in the middle of the study they both would start to make a funny noise with their throats, kind of a choking rasping sound and wouldnt quit until they were taken out of the room by the wife.
    (Come to think of it, that could have been her excuse to leave the room for the rest of the study!)
    She may have been choking the poor things!

But the worst for me was when the book study was in my home and my elder husband was conducting
    I would always fall asleep during the study!!!!
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!!! Right in front of all the children and their parents.
    I worked so hard on the house and yard on Book Study nights that when I sat down on my comfy sofa and heard my husband drone like he did......well I just.........fell.......a......sl.....ee............p....zzzzzzzzzz
    The jerk would have the nerve to call on me to embarrass me and wake me up.......it only made me hate him.
    I was not doing it on purpose!
    Oh what misery and imprisonment those days were!!!!
    35 years wasted years.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

lol at anewe - sorry but your falling asleep story reminded me of an english couple we had. Pat was pretty smart and used to correct Peter while he was conducting™ the 'book study™'. One day during the study he exploded "SHUT UP PAT!" .. we were all a bit shocked, he was usually a pretty shy kinda guy ..

..but my mum nearly ripped his head off once for barging into our house, turning the television off and announcing that my sisters should be "doing their home work" (buggered if I know what that was all about - I came out of my room just in time to see dad rescuing the skinny little dweeb from mum lol)

• Buster
    Buster

I gotta go with that Babylon book. Remember how all those dutiful dubbies simply capitulated and said that they could not follow these deeeep topics? Those clowns (no insult to actual, useful, rodeo and circus clowns) couldn't recognize a pile of crap if it was on their dinner plate.

A few years ago I decided to really study that book - page by page, paragraph by paragraph. I crossed out all the points that were unsupported and/or were developed through logical falacy. There was nothing left.

(I never studied the Climax book. But that got so many votes, that I gotta take a closer look at that one.)

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Daniels Prophecy... close second is both Isaiah volumes, the jews were rebellious but jah still loved them but had to punish them... imagine hearing that over and over and over and over again for almost 2 yrs

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

They all pretty much sucked.

How many of you had to go throw personal studies with an Elder because you were viewed as "weak?"

• Balsam
    Balsam

anewme,
    OMG, same thing happen to me except husband wasn't an Elder he was MS. We had it in our house for years. I took care of my elderly mother, a home business and three energetic boys. I was exhausted and only had a few hours of sleep a night. I fell asleep regularly, but everyone was afraid to wake me up. LOL

Oh the "Babylon The Great Book Has Fallen Book" was a killer. They were studying that back in 1971 when I started studying. The Revelation Book was super boring too. In fact all of the books we studied were boring. LOL

Balsam

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

the speculate on daniels prophecy book was/is the worst. there isn't a best.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

I really couldn't stand the Isaiah books or the Daniel book. Both seemed to always point the bad stuff to everyone else and all the good applied to the F&DS. Though, when we studied the Isaiah books it was easier to swallow if you actually thought on your own and applied the information to within.

Used to like the Revelation book but just recently pulled it out to look at some information and I was astounded to realize that the book was only about the anointed and how incredibly special they are and what meaningless pricks the rest of us were. So, I can put that one in the hate list too.

The Draw Close to Jehovah book was decent until, again, it became about how grateful we should be to Jehovah for providing us with the FD&S and the anointed.

So, I guess the best is too difficult.

Loruhamah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit