Ghosts, Demons, or Imagination?

by ButtLight 180 Replies latest jw friends

• Apostate Kate
  • Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    Check out:

http://www.mercola.com/2006/apr/6/fda_agrees_adhd_drugs_cause_kids_to_have_hallucinations.htm

I'll read it because I read just about everything that comes my way, but Dr Mercola lost my respect. He claimed that the salmon I bought from him was "mercury free". I am hyper sensitive to metals and when it made me sick I called the actual company that cans it. They told me that yes it did contain mercury, just maybe not as much as some of the others.

Kids do have night terrors and bad dreams, but that is not enough to explain the mountain of paranormal evidence that people experience. From dead family members visiting to miracles. The paranormal has been a part of history. In most ancient writings you will find some sort of paranormal happenings.

• Apostate Kate
  • ButtLight
    ButtLight

I found this interesting, and was almost convinced, till I read a little more. This is from the link sixofnine put up.

Near-death experiences are measured using the 16-element Greyson near-death experience scale, which is broken into four categories - cognitive, affective, purportedly paranormal, and apparently transcendental -that includes such things as an altered sense of time, a feeling of peace, vivid senses, the sense of being out of the physical body, and a sense of deceased or religious spirits.

But if you read the whole article, this happens when you are in the stage of REM sleep.

Now from another article about REM stage,

http://dreams.virtuart.org/dreaming-faq-sleep-paralysis-nightmares.html

Your body is paralyzed during REM, your body can't even stand (This is why sleep walking happen
    in other stages of sleep)

He was standing by the fish tank, getting ready to turn off the light when he saw what he saw.

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

weeeeelll I really don't like opening myself up for ridicule but I can handle it.

The paranormal is normal for me. It always has been. When I was a JW I prayed and asked Jehovah to take it away from me because as a dub I was afraid of it. I am more open and accepting of it now.

Here is the latest paranormal happening. Please try to refrain from calling me a liar. Even though I can take it, I'd really rather not have to.

A couple weeks ago I had a vivid dream. I was in a cabin. The kind of cabins you find on Islands on stilts. I was with my husband. I was as on an island, and across the sea I could see lava shooting up. Suddenly water came up to the doors, the walls, we were being flooded. My husband took my hand and said "we are not going to make it through this" and we started praying. The walls came down on us and we were swept away. We died and started to travel through space, into light. It was much more vivid than words can describe.

The experience is one that I call my electric dreams. It is as if it is a dream plugged into an electrical outlet. I woke up in a startled sweat that woke my husband. I told him what I just experienced. I have learned to do this because I need to know I am not crazy. Obviously this is "paranormal." Not "normal."

The day after this my mom popped her head in the room and told me that the Hawaiian Islands had experienced flooding and several people were dead on Kauai. (I had not told her about the dream) My husband is used to this by now and knew I had experienced the death of this couple. There was a couple missing that were honeymooning. I don't know if they found the bodies yet. But I know they died and where they went. As far as we can tell I was dreaming the dream at the exact moment it was happening, or possibly just before it happened.

Scientifically, we are not progressed enough to understand why I pick up these light waves, vibrations, or whatever they are, but I do.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Butt, the article I posted is about abberations in the rem/awakening cycle.

As well, I'd be really surprised to learn that no one moves, at all, during REM sleep.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    weeeeelll I really don't like opening myself up for ridicule but I can handle it.

Your turn! lol

• vomit
    vomit

Sorry I am with osmosis on this.
    Why is it that all these things are based on anecdotal evidence or the "science cant explain this yet" basis.

When I see flashes of lights or pick up a phone and know who is calling before I even recieve the call, I can put it down to logical explainations. i.e. Pressure on my eye and routine(even when somebody didnt call for a long time).

Another one... going for your mobile before it even rings. Remember analogue mobile phones, they made speakers and any magnetic coil move, so I dont see how humans coud sometiems unconciously pick up on this.

As for remote viewing, there are a hell of a lot of coincedences in this world with a good sample group of 6200000000. So if I dream of a plane crash and there is one in the next few days, does the indicate correlation?

More power to you Osmosis! No wonder JWs hate scientists.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

2 nights ago, for the first time ever, I saw a 'ghost' first hand. I woke up in the middle of the night, and near my bed stood an elderly woman in thick warm clothing; not a hazy undefined image but in clearly defined detail. The image was vivid and still there after an initial blink. It was there for about 3 seconds and then took another 2 or 3 seconds to fade away.

So... is this proof of ghosts? No. No it isn't. The face of the woman was the same face that had been in a dream immediately prior to waking. In the darkened room, the image in my occipital lobe from the dream was still 'visible'. As my brain recognised that the image wasn't 'real', it faded away as the associated neurotransmitters gradually diminished.

It was an interesting experience, but hardly scary, and certainly not something that would suddenly convince me of anything supernatural.

• Dr Jekyll

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit