Ghosts, Demons, or Imagination?

by ButtLight 180 Replies latest jw friends

• Clam
    Clam

Buttlight, was the mirror near a strong electromagentic field?

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    I think it's kind of strange that people who don't believe in God are so ready to believe in the devil and demons. If there is no God, why would there be devils and demons? To me that is just like believing in a omnipotent power. What kind of ghosts are they supposed to be? Ghosts of dead humans? That would mean that a person believes that the soul does not die with the body. Demons, you've got to believe in a fiery hell...right?

I have often thought of this idea. I think maybe it might be the idea of that a person’s belief in God/dess does not always depend on the Bible/Koran/Torah etc. And also that a person’s idea of what/who God is can really vary from one person to the next. I.e. one person might only accept that the Bible’s interpretation of what/who God/dess is, is the only right one, while another might view that same deity/being as something much less personal, more of a consciousness that just is.

So then when it comes to a spirit world/after life, it’s not always something mystical, something more ‘natural’ that we are still trying to understand.

(hope that makes sense)

The idea that I’m getting from Butt is that she is Not opposed to mundane explanations. She has been searching for them. And while yeah, a lab or a scientist could come into her home and check out her noggin and find rational explanations, at the moment I don’t see many available.

That being said…

Thanks Derek for the link. I’ll check it out in a little bit after I get finished working.

And…

I know you didn’t intend on making her feel like a bad mom and I think you do have a good point regarding sweets and hyperactivity etc.

Out of curiosity:

Would the same apply to an active Christian who teaches their children about angels? I think I know the answer to this but thought I’d ask anyway.

I have a friend who is a medium (or professes to be) and she has seen things which does make even me (as a self proclaimed sceptic) think and ponder over the existence of a spirit world; I think there is a balance to be drawn personally between things experienced with a physical or psychological explanation and things occuring with no apparent explanation whatsoever.

I was always very, very, skeptical of psychics but have also had some interesting experiences with people and seen things (as of late) that started making me wonder. Part of me can’t help but wonder if that in itself is not something that should be thought of as paranormal. That’s just me tho.

Merlot sounds good.

(theme song to xfiles keeps ringing in me head)

meagan

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    Buttlight, was the mirror near a strong electromagentic field?

No, but im sure that he must have had soap in his eyes, and his vision was blurred just enough to notice the haircut!

• JH
  • BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

lol thank you for that jh.

I'll be humming that for the next week.

Better then the theme song for Dora the Explorer, haha.

meagan

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Buttlight}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Anytime you bring up anything paranormal here you are going to be dog piled. It is the old "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me mentality.

Last night on the show "Ghost Hunters" they got some pretty good footage of the paranormal and these guys are skeptics. There are too many variables in your experiences, especially when children are involved. The Borg did cultivate an unhealthy fear of anything paranormal.

What I would deal with above all is the fear. Whatever is causing it can not hurt you or the children. It may seem impossible to ignore it. I would acknowledge that the child thinks they seen or heard something, validate their feelings, and end it. Give them power over it. Refocus on something safe and tangible.

I am in no way negating what you have experienced. You just need to take control of it and don't be afraid. If you truly sense that spirits are in your home, you just tell them to get out, they don't belong there. I am very sensitive and always have been. I have dreams that come true, amazing ones too. I had one recently that was incredible. It was a type of premonition experience and was validated because I told my husband about it, and it happened several hours later, unexpectedly. Very powerful.

I am all for looking for scientific explanations. Sometimes I think Einstein had something on the parallel universe theory. The String Theory is interesting. I do believe in spirits. I also am fairly convinced that some people hang around after they die. I believe in angels. It is easy for me because I have experienced them and have had tangible validation in different ways.

Folks need to attack the concept, not the personal experience. No one deserves to be negated after surviving the borg. Love~Kate

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

What is really weird is that ButtLight posted with the topic "Ghosts, Demons, or Imagination?" but when people start giving legitimate explanations for the event that don't involve ghosts or demons, people start getting upset.

Fact: The events can be explained by normal means, as have been detailed already.

Fact: There is no evidence to the contrary.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

jeffro:

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't say that I'm upset with anyone.

I do think that there were a few comments (however well meaning) that made Buttlight feel like a bad mother.

I think in all it wasn't really a bad discussion. (I think I'll learn something about electromagnetic fields ).

Don't know about others, but I think the idea is, not to discount anything. Overactive imagination, walking in sleep, night terrors... all great points including "The Other Side" (BOO)

When she explained that she has had other things taking place it added to the conversation and exposed reasons she had for 'unexplained phenomena".

But hey, that's just me.

meagan

• wednesday
    wednesday

buttlight

gawd I don't know. I agree completely with kate, giving your son power back will help a lot. And give yourself some power too. I know I don't live with the same sense of dread I used too. Yes I really do believe the spirit world exits but for some reason it is not as scary anymore. I would cease discussing any of this in front of the kids.you and your sig other make a plan . . Do you know any of the neighbors? Could they be a resource as to who has lived in house, and it's history?

next time something unusual happens take it on. Just tell them you are a peaceful person but they are not welcome in your home. And be clear it is your home, not theirs . Ask them to leave. If praying helps you, why not?

When my husband and I saw that black smoke come through our bedroom wall, well, we knew we were dealing with the spirit world. We just remained clam. we prayed. It left.

to make yourself feel better, click under my name "wednesday" and look under " topics started and see the one

"Do the demons still bother you anymore" are something to that effect. I had just joined the board. if you feel you have been abused here, check out that, you will feel so much better.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

According to FD everything can well be explained by electromagnetic fields....the election of Bush, the economy, etc., and last but not least his own birth! So there you have it everyone, ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELDS rule the world!!!!

(If someone you know even tries to discuss this with you, please give them the above explanation. Tell your kids bedtime stories that include the above as to why anything in the world happens! Good night!)

Swalker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit