Explain your avatar and username

by greendawn 174 Replies latest members private

• Forscher
    Forscher

Forscher is German. The dictionary definition is an investigator, or researcher, not student as one poster mistook it (I guess he drew on its use in the German name for the Bible Students, Bibelforscher). It was the closest thing I could find in German to Seeker, a name I used on another forum or two. It is also a staetment of where I am coming from. I am reexamening what I believe, though I have no intention to just fall for anything that comes along. I haven't yet found an avatar I like yet.

Forscher

• startingover
    startingover

Startingover, because that was what I was doing over 4 years ago when I joined.

A couple of my lurker friends thought I had finally got up the guts to post my own picture for an avatar, 'nuf said

• zanex
    zanex

my name started out as something medicated but ended up being somewhat liberating...I took the meds that they stuck me on and turned it into something strengthening...took the x out of it tho...z seemed to fit much better. The avatar is a drawing representation of the band korn...a lot of their muzac was helpful during some rough times in the past..i have since turned it into a stronghold for me..(chuckles) who wuda thought id get to call something like the band korn a "stronghold" lol. At any rate it seems to fit and continues to fit long after the meds are gone and the insanity has been accepted.

-Z-

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

My name is what I do and my avatar is an actual photo of myself!

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

My avatar is of the best looking guy in the world and my name comes from being sickened at all the lies I was told my Dub elders, like "The NWT is the best translation in the world, even worldly scholars agree" and "there is no evidence for evolution" and a million more.

• Clam
    Clam

Long time ago I used to use a chat room where when joining I had to think up a name. Rather than think it over I chose the first name that came into my head - Clam Surveys. Loads of people thought it funny/bizarre or whatever so it's a name I've used around the Net ever since.

Avatar is because I love Polar Bears.

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

Hey Clam, who was the suave pencil thin mustached guy you used to have as your avatar? He was sofisteekatid!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Avatar is because I love Polar Bears

BBQ'd or friscashaid? (that's french for I can't spell to save my life)

Vikingman Steinhaug swears by 'em but we don't get 'em much down here.

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

My username has a double meaning. First of all I feel lost after a lifetime of thinking I knew everything, things seem very dark at times. Secondly my favorite author is "Patricia Veryan" and the name makes me think of her books.

My avatar, I LOVE U2 , of course!

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

Having finally got the avatar I wanted, I think it's sort of self explanatory.

Beep, Beep!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit