Made-Up Rules Dubs Try To Impose On Each Other

by calico 90 Replies latest jw friends

• calico
    calico

This is in reference to the thread about dubs not having pets. Although, not a rule from the borg there are ones who would say you should not have pets. Can you think of other silly made-up rules that someone tried to impose on you? For example---my mother-in-law told a woman that she was studying with that it was a SIN to not wear pantyhose at the meetings!

• Highlander
    Highlander

this has been discussed before, however it was very much enforced in the rural area I lived at.

Thou must not drive 2 door car, Thou shall drive 4 door car for preaching work.

• calico
    calico
    this has been discussed before

Sorry!

• Highlander
    Highlander

My bad,, I meant that in reference to the 2 door 4 door car thing. previously there was an entire thread on the vehicle topic,, that's what I meant.

Another made up rule: boys and girls can't sit next to each other at the kingdom hall,, it might stumble a single person.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

The Beard thing and not being allowed to wear a dress to meetings if you're a bloke

• calico
    calico

If a man wore a dress, would he be required to wear pantyhose?!

• Highlander
    Highlander

I'll wear a dress, but I draw the line at pantyhose! Nothin' will keep me from showing off my legs!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If a man wore a dress, would he be required to wear pantyhose?!

I guess if he wore the ones with the open crotch it would be ok.

Rub a Dub

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Actually a man in a dress doesnt need pantyhose if he has matching bag and shoes. Of course a beard is out.

W.Once

• Highlander
    Highlander

The chaperone rule! I remember an elder having a fit because an older sister(70 yrs at the time) was going to give a ride home to a younger brother(25 yrs old) from the convention.

It was about a 2 hour ride home. This elder insisted that a chaperone was there, since there could be temptation between the 25 yr old and the 70 yr old.

The elder was a complete nutcase. If he had actually taken the time to know the 25 yr old brother and the 70 yr old,, he would have realized that she was like an Aunt to the

younger brother. In fact if I remember correctly, he even called her Auntie Faye, because she was such a close personal friend of the family and due to circumstances she had

helped take care of members of their family.

Justice was served in the end though. Many years later, this elder had an anxiety attack while giving a talk at the convention. Last I heard he's living in florida now, he's inactive and

is a bit of a cross dresser. I only know this cuz I am close with their entire family. Hmmm.. I wonder if he wears pantyhose?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit