Made-Up Rules Dubs Try To Impose On Each Other

by calico 90 Replies latest jw friends

• theredhead
    theredhead

Another: Sisters are not allowed to wear glitter anywhere on there body (face, arms, ect.) for it makes them look like strippers and hookers!..

lol

• morwen
    morwen

oh yeah, one more.....

if you don't circumcise your sons it's considered "pagan"

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, I don't think they would have let the brothers wear glitter either.

• theredhead
    theredhead

My grandfather would not allow my mom or aunt to paint their nails, wear lipstick, wear pantyhoes, wear pants, cut their hair (only my granny their mom could)....other than school books no other books could be read excepts for the borgs..

He was really strict..

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Wow RedHead you survived that to become a normal person?

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, in this area JW boys were circumcised because it was the custom in the community. It isn't considered pagan but actually Jewish. It is still the custom in this area, JW or not for boys to be circumcised. I wonder where those JWs came up with that unwritten rule.

In 1981 during the Great Apostasy, JWs could no longer get together to pre-study the WT or any publication and especially not the Bible, except

For families; 2 familes of 5 each could get together and study, 10 people; but 10 single people could not get together. Pretty stupid, but that were the unwritten rule. 2 families but not more than 2 single people.

Blondie

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

in a local spanish congregation...no blonde hair for women, since only prostitutes have blonde hair...blondie, this is their rule not mine...the po's wife in this same congregation once told a sister that she was "going to hell" if she didn't stop watching novellas. sometimes i think it is more than the language they don't understand.

• morwen
    morwen
    I wonder where those JWs came up with that unwritten rule

From what I was told it was considered "more spiritual" because it was a command formaly decreed by God. And all the other "nations"(in biblical days) didn't practice this custom so they were "pagan".

The real kicker to me is, "biblical" circumcision is NOT the same type of thing. It was a VERY different type of circumcising,not like they do today in hospitals.

Morwen

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"The real kicker to me is, "biblical" circumcision is NOT the same type of thing. It was a VERY different type of circumcising,not like they do today in hospitals."

Err... could you explain this to me in fuller detail? How could it be that much different?

-daniel-p of the circumcised-class

• Collegegurl
    Collegegurl

I couple of elders wives and a pioneer sister were convinced that ankle braclets were wrong because they thought only prostitues wear them. I was in third grade and I wore one, and three elders wives and a pioneer sister came up to my mom and one of their husbands came up to my dad and criticized them for letting me wear an ankle braclet. My mom threw it away, and I wasn't allowed to wear them anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit