• Odrade
    Odrade

wow. so many lies.

• wombat
    wombat

Can't get any sound. Probably me.

• Nina
    Nina

Remember the definition of a lie from the Insight book: "The opposite of truth. Lying generally involves saying something false to a person who is entitled to know the truth and doing so with the intent to deceive or to injure him or another person."

There are two conditions that must be met before the "saying" is considered a lie:

1) The listener must be entitled to know the truth

2) The speaker's intent must be to deceive or injure the listener or some other person

Does this elder consider that the court is entitled to know the truth?

Does this elder have the intent to deceive or injure the listener or some other person?

What do you think the elder's answer to these questions would be? The elder is, apparently, clean in his own eyes.

Read up on "Lie" in the Insight book, it's very informative. Try this from Volume 2, Page 245, column 2, paragraph 2:

"While malicious lying is definitely condemned in the Bible, this does not mean that a person is under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it." After quoting Mt 7:6 the paragraph continues: "That is why Jesus on certain occasions refrained from giving full information or direct answers to certain questions when doing so could have brought unneccessary harm." A few more scriptural citations follow and the paragraph ends with this: "Evidently the course of Abraham, Isaac, Rahab, and Elisha in misdirecting or in withholding full facts from nonworshipers of Jehovah must be viewed in the same light." (All italics mine)

The elder did what he was trained to do and he did it well.

There was a time when I would have done exactly as he did. God forgive me.

Nina

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    nina "There was a time when I would have done exactly as he did. God forgive me."

Me too. Having served as an Elder I would have said the same thing.

• Odrade
    Odrade

somehow I don't think the court will see it that way...

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    "While malicious lying is definitely condemned in the Bible, this does not mean that a person is under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it." After quoting Mt 7:6 the paragraph continues: "That is why Jesus on certain occasions refrained from giving full information or direct answers to certain questions when doing so could have brought unneccessary harm." A few more scriptural citations follow and the paragraph ends with this: "Evidently the course of Abraham, Isaac, Rahab, and Elisha in misdirecting or in withholding full facts from nonworshipers of Jehovah must be viewed in the same light." (All italics mine)

Well hell that makes it all better. Had I known this, I would never have been disfellowshipped. And While I have been disfellowshipped 3 times, I should have been greeted by my family and friends. I have been going about this all wrong.

It is apparent that if I lie, (oops...withhold truthful information) I can stay in the congregation. Heck, I can even testify in court.

If I tell the truth, they can read my mind, heart, and thoughts and decide to remove me from family and friends, because they have Gods Holy spirit directing them. In case they are wrong though, if the Holy spirit was sleeping that day...there is an appeals process. We learned that from the other video.

Also, if I celebrate Birthdays, fornicate, go to Vegas brothels. I will not be disfellowshipped. And I wonder how he can state that by being a JW, you can have a "relationship with my creator".

I thought to myself, that if it is so as he stated that a person understands the 200 plus questions, then a 7 or 8 year old baptized fully understand completely what it means to dedicate ones life to Jehovah and the Jehovahs witnesses. With that said, I do not know anyone that is 7 or 8 that is tried as an adult in a court case. This is because 7 or 8 year olds are not capeable of making those adult decisions. Even later teen years it is iffy if a person is tried as an adult. Yet, we can be disfellowwhipped...not shunned if we decide later not to be one.

So we can be held to a life choice as a child when we do not fully understand what we are doing.

We are in a group of people that are taught to not divulge truth to people that are not entitled to it.

Then we are taught that we are all children.

Only when older can we delve into the meat of a subject.

While young we are fed milk like things because we are babies.

But when we are older and adult and realize this is so wrong, what we have learned...we are removed for our sake from the congregation (Not to keep the congregation clean). Then we pay an adult price for a childs decision. Hmmmmm

If we don't tell and we omit truth we could have avoided it all in the first place by not confessing.

Just some thoughts. This is wacked crap!!

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

WOW!!!

Worth the wait!!

Thank You!!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

those who know how.. please make copies of this video in other places.. if this site is flooded beyond its bandwidth capabilities by viewers it could get pulled.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I have confirmed viability good to go bravo for 'rubbing their f**king nose it it' Mealy-mouth JW elder lying in court! possible link title at my page? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2O4lbgX81U I will create our own new file URL so this doesn't go missing and wil post at my shunning link on my page and theocratic warfare link. Will be up straightaway - http://www.dannyhaszard.com

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'm preparing a blurb for my web site about JWs and lying and plan to mention this video. I've listed the lies I was able to identify in the video:

• He states family members expelled from JW congregations are not treated differently by the family.
    • He states JWs do not disdain disfellowshipped members or consider them all wicked and demonic.
    • He states JWs are allowed to speak to disfellowshipped members.
    • He states JWs do not use the word "shun" to describe DF/DA.
    • He states the WT did not publish a child custody brochure.
    • He states JWs say hello to disfellowshipped members they encounter .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit