TV series&movies-CURSING!!!

by BlessedStar 89 Replies latest forum suggestions

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Because just maybe it's a stupid question BS

• slugga
    slugga
    Do you really think it's appropriate for children to be viewing the types of TV shows & movies at present which supposed to be G, PG rated?

Yes, I'm a realist. Children live in the real world, its pointless wrapping them up in cotton wool and trying to protect them from the outside world. All that achieves are either children who rebel against your authoritarian manner or children that are incapable of dealing and functioning in the real world.

Take a lot of dub kids, they're protected from the world they have no real understanding of how to function as normal people. They leave the org and go off into the world and what happens, they become promiscuous and get involved in drugs, because its something that have been told to stay away from and because they have no idea of how to treat these subjects because of the cotton wool they have been wrapped in..

Matt

(Speaking from personal experience)

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Slugga I know you do have a point there.

It is not wrong to teach your children about the uglies in life. They must be informed but even though children are exposed to obscenities in the outside world there is no reason to bring them up in that manner.

We should not allow children to view or practice what they see especially when it is offensive.

There would be no more gentlemen and no more ladies. No more good manners. No more courtesy for anyone or anything.

BlessedStar

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Do you really think it's appropriate for children to be viewing the types of TV shows & movies at present which supposed to be G, PG rated?

I didn't read all the thread (so they might have been named)...so give me an example of some movies you are talking about

• Chimene
    Chimene
    There would be no more gentlemen and no more ladies. No more good manners. No more courtesy for anyone or anything.

BlessedStar

Exactly

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You can't blame it all on tv and movies...the parents have to take most of the blame for the bad manners and misbehaviors of their children. Blaming it on mass media is a copout.

Josie

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    Why don't you try turning off your television or better yet, get rid of it altogether?

As has been said already the puritanical housewives would just start fretting about something else. Like radio OMG, or what their neighbors are doing behind their closed doors, or maybe back to book burning or something equally as horrid like the biblical injunction to stone our children to death if they talk back to their elders. But wait, that would mean all menstrating women would be quarantined.

BS (aptly named) you have every right to raise your child as you see fit, but you do NOT have the right to think that if we believe differently that we are the abhorrent ones. As has been said before, if you don't like it TURN IT OFF. You don't have to watch it, you don't have to let your kids watch it. And you especially don't have the right to tell me what is right or moral.

Chimmy I hear you that you hate gays. I'm so sorry that you cannot get past our right to express our love for each other by kissing our partners. If you pull all of those scenes you should pull all the hetero kissing scenes too. Equally as repugnant. But thats just another "opinion".

Sherry

• Krystal
    Krystal
    Exactly, it's just an opinion, attacking me or Bstar is not necessary, call me a failure, my 16 year old was just inducted into the national honor role society, and recieved a letter to be given up to $100,000 in scholarships for college, and everyone loves the laid back kid with a big heart, did I fail somewhere? I raised her completely on my own I might add

I am sorry you felt I was attacking anyone, it was not my intention. I did not call you a failure... I said if my children grew up to be close minded I would consider myself a failure. Again, as you pointed out, an opinion.

Congrats to your 16 year old and to yourself. Raising a child on your own must not have been easy. However, I would not measure my child's success in life based on their report card or their scholarships. To me, sucess would mean having raised a productive, responsible, tolerant and understanding individual, who thinks freely, is independent and does not cling to old fashioned gender roles.

My point however, is this: there is no one set of morals or guidelines that are the perfect rule book for every person or child.

BS (aptly named) you have every right to raise your child as you see fit, but you do NOT have the right to think that if we believe differently that we are the abhorrent ones

I absolutely agree... raise your kids however you want, but don't expect people to follow in your footsteps.

Blessedstar: By your own beliefs, God will judge. Why do you feel the need to help him with the task?

• Dimples
    Dimples

My favorite cursing in a movie....

Roman Moronie (Richard Dimitri):

You fargon sneaky bastage. I'm gonna take your dwork. I'm gonna nail it to the wall. I'm gonna crush your boils in a meat grinder. I gonna cut off your arms. I'm gonna shove um up your icehole. Dirty som-on-a-batches. My own club.

Gang member (Dick Butkus):

What a mouth on that guy.

Dimples

• Chimene
    Chimene
    My favorite cursing in a movie....

That's actually mine to! and one that I will let my kids watch! But they know not to say bad words.

I'm gonna nock down dat fargin wall! and dat fargin wall! dis is fargin war!

Gretchin, I never said I hate gays, isn't that putting words into my mouth? If that were the case, one of my very good friends "Scott" who is as gay as can be, would not have been in my house yesterday, how does that work?

I do turn off things I don't want to watch, I don't like watching hetro things on TV either. I think all that stuff is meant to kept behind closed doors. I don't even like seeing a man and a woman kissing when I'm walking down a street, aggain, just my opinion. I have no problem with people holding hands, even gays, doesn't bother me a bit.

Why are there so many people in here acting so defensive? Dimples threw in a joke! It's all good! dang!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit