TV series&movies-CURSING!!!

by BlessedStar 89 Replies latest forum suggestions

• Chimene
    Chimene
    If all parents did a good job of guiding their kids through their TV, movie and music habits, this wouldn't be an issue.

Exactly!

beep beep, LOL

• Krystal
    Krystal

Cursing, sex and violence is on TV and in Movies because it SELLS! If the majority of people didn't want to see it, it wouldn't be everywhere!

Hibi & BS: If you don't want to see it TURN IT OFF!

I think it is about time that you realize that not everyone has to think/act and make decisions based on YOUR set of morals. If you feel it is inappropriate for your kids or even for yourself that is fine... but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Personally, if my kids grow up to be as close minded as you I would consider myself a complete FAILURE as a parent.

I don't like violent movies/TV either and I would not allow my kids to watch it. However, I love the L word.... I watch it every week.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

This discussion has been going on for centuries. And you know what, if anyone says, it USED to be so much better is full of crap. Because what USED to be so much better, was so much worse to same type of puritanical idiots, who would utter this same nonsense of how 'it USED to be so much better'.

steve

• beksbks
    beksbks
    PS - Please, enough already with the "why I won't see Brokeback Mountain." I don't think most of us really care.

I never had much interest in seeing this movie, but I'm tellin' ya, I can't wait for video now!

My only issue with sex in movies and tv, is that women are objectified. When can we have a little equal opportunity? If we have to have a boob shot for no apparent reason, when are we gonna git to see some dick?? I want to see penile implants become as popular as boob jobs.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Maybe cuz a boob is prettier than a dick?

• Chimene
    Chimene
    I want to see penile implants become as popular as boob jobs.

LOL! now thats funny! haaaaaaaaaa

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

Now see, bksbks....you have a valid complaint.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    This discussion has been going on for centuries. And you know what, if anyone says, it USED to be so much better is full of crap. Because what USED to be so much better, was so much worse to same type of puritanical idiots, who would utter this same nonsense of how 'it USED to be so much better'.

Good point! Let's see...

Elvis-Parents hated him b/c of his ''racy'' lyrics and ''suggestive'' movements onstage.

The Twist-Sexually suggestive dance

Gone With the Wind-Banned from theatres all across the country b/c Rhett said the D word at the end of the movie.

There were many old movies that my mother allowed me to watch as a young child that her mother wouldn't let her watch...Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Valley of the Dolls, .....and of course my mind decides to go blank...

anyway....no matter what....it's always going to have ''used to been better.'' that's life

luv, jojo

• Chimene
    Chimene

Oh, sorry, I was at work while this was running, couldn't keep up! OK, here it is:

Chimene that's the "adult" world.
    It's amazing when you refer to children "adults" get offended.
    What a mess!
    blessedstar

Exactly!!!!

hey chimene...i wasn't meaning to pick on you. just hibiscusfire/blessed star.

It's all good Kitty!

NYCkid
    Please, enough already with the "why I won't see Brokeback Mountain." I don't think most of us really care.

So Sorry! It's just an opinion, no big deal

Krytal
    I think it is about time that you realize that not everyone has to think/act and make decisions based on YOUR set of morals. If you feel it is inappropriate for your kids or even for yourself that is fine... but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    Personally, if my kids grow up to be as close minded as you I would consider myself a complete FAILURE as a parent.

Exactly, it's just an opinion, attacking me or Bstar is not necessary, call me a failure, my 16 year old was just inducted into the national honor role society, and recieved a letter to be given up to $100,000 in scholarships for college, and everyone loves the laid back kid with a big heart, did I fail somewhere? I raised her completely on my own I might add

Yikes!

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Good going Chimene! Congratulations!!!

By the way people, people! Most of you still did not answer the question.

Do you really think it's appropriate for children to be viewing the types of TV shows & movies at present which supposed to be G, PG rated?

blessedstar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit