TV series&movies-CURSING!!!

by BlessedStar 89 Replies latest forum suggestions

• Chimene
    Chimene
    Many homosexual scenes. I am appalled when I saw the famous Magnum PI kissing another man, or Jennifer Aniston kissing a woman. Well less goes for Madonna and Brittney.

Exactly, or how about that movie Dennis Quade was in with Julian Moore? I can't remember the name, but they played husband and wife, and he was secretly gay. I had a crush on him since teenage years, and seeing him kiss a man totally destroyed it, once again, nausia I flipped the chanell after that scene

• Ellie
    Ellie

We have a programme in Britain called Footballers Wives, and omg, don't ever watch that with your granny in the room.

But I've never noticed anything inappropriate in children's TV.

• undercover
    undercover

It's not the content that's the problem, it's the parents who allow children to watch shows/movies that are not suitable for them.

Children shouldn't be watching "Sex in the City" or "The Sopranos". They shouldn't be seeing R-rated movies. Younger children shouldn't be watching PG-13 movies.

As far as movies having more sex and bad language, I have noticed that there are more family oriented movies in the last few years. Yea, the R-rated movies are still out there but there are more and more G-rated and PG-rated movies that appeal to families.

So instead of bitching about how bad movies and TV are, parents just need to do their homework and find suitable programming for their children. It's their responsibility, not someone else's.

• Chimene
    Chimene

You know what they say about opinions

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

The G rating does not necessarily indicate a safe haven for children of all ages. Shows with vulgarities and sexual references have garnered a G rating.

If children are forced to grow up without good role models, they turn to other sources to imitate.

Moesha, Everybody Loves Raymond,

Is there a decline in family values in this country? Parents play an important role in their children's upbringing.

Everybody Loves Raymond (comedy)

This G- Rated series contain obscenity & sexual references.

A thirtyish married couple, deals with their sex life from time to time. One episode opened with Raymond and his wife, Deborah, waking up in the morning.

Raymond wondered, "How about a little?"

Deborah said, "Oh, God, I don't feel so well...Oh, God, I'm so hot," meaning feverish.

"I'm getting mixed signals," Ray remarked. She then asked him to look after their children, whereupon he whined, "We could have been done by now."

Blessed Star

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Blessed hibiscus:

Do you honestly believe children deserve this? Even Tom & Jerry has gotten tired with its excessive combat scenes. I mean previously they were more friends than enemies as they are now.

What unadulterated nonsense! What a stupendously idiotic fabrication. Even for someone as prone to spouting ridiculous falsehoods as you are, that is something else! As anyone who's ever watched one will know, the early Tom and Jerry cartoons were among the most violent shows ever shown on television. Of course, even young children are able to distinguish between the animated antics of a cat and mouse, and real violence.

Many homosexual scenes. I am appalled when I saw the famous Magnum PI kissing another man, or Jennifer Aniston kissing a woman. Well less goes for Madonna and Brittney.

That's just because you're a homophobe.

• Chimene
    Chimene
    Everybody Loves Raymond (comedy)

That's one of my daughter's favorite shows. Even the movies like Schrek have cuss words

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

It amused me of what puritans are afraid of.

steve

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's so funny that cuss words gets some peoples' knickers in a twist

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

Most people are more open minded these days and as a result tv is more ''shocking'' than it was 30 years ago. And even if you don't like something, all you have to do is change it. No one can force you to watch something you don't want to. And if you don't want your kids watching something, it's easy to fix that too. I'm assuming you have cable or satellite since you mentioned Sex in the City and The L Word....all you have to do is lock the channel. You can call your cable or satellite provider and they'll happily walk you through it.

i personally see nothing wrong w/ what's on television these days. but then i'm also an evil atheist apostate.

luv, jojo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit