TV series&movies-CURSING!!!

by BlessedStar 89 Replies latest forum suggestions

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Personally, what I find offensive is the attitude of people who would be perfectly happy to take society back to a time when sex was never mentioned - a time when a child could receive a backhand accross the mouth for even mentioning the dreaded 3 letter word S-E-X!!!

W

• Legolas
    Legolas
    In my opinion, tv shows and movies at present are tasteless when there is no need for so many torrid sex scenes and cursing. It spoils the show.

Blessed Star

I will agree to the too much sex part...But I don't care about the cursing....Ever watch 'The Trailer Park Boys'?....They are a hoot and a half...I love that show!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I've seen that show...it's funny as hell!

• Legolas
  • BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Chimene that's the "adult" world.

It's amazing when you refer to children "adults" get offended.

What a mess!

blessedstar

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

You know, I agree with most everyone here, if it's too much for your kids YOU are the one in control. You aren't going to control what is being made out there in the form of entertainment so deal with it. I had a system with a friend of mine that saw movies usually before I did. She'd tell me if she thought it was too much for my daughter or not. We went with that. Now, she makes her own choices, I trust her. She loves scary movies & now tells ME if I should ever watch it or not. Those movies are rated NFM (not for Mom)

Now, I do the same for my son. He knows he has his own movies & there are movies we have that he can't watch just yet. He doesn't watch my shows with me. As for TV, TURN IT OFF if you don't like it. YOU are the parent! You know what your kid can & cannot handle.

SK

• Chimene
    Chimene
    Omg Chimene! You said "shit"!

Exactly, i'm no good two shoes, i was just sharing on opinion, that's all

and no I don't say this stuff in front of my kids, which I believe was the main purpose of Bstar's point to start with

• undercover
    undercover

beep, beep...backing the truck up....

I used Shrek as a reference movie because it was already mentioned as a movie that had used questionable language. That movie was a perfect example of a PG movie that some people might not want their kids to see.

I don't have a problem with people who want to protect thier kids from certain things in movies and TV. Actually, I'm all for it. I think more parents should take more interest in what their kids are watching.

What I don't appreciate is anyone who tries to influence networks or movie studios to change their programming because they don't that programming out there at all to influence their children. If all parents did a good job of guiding their kids through their TV, movie and music habits, this wouldn't be an issue.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    woa! back the truck up! I have a problem with flipping through chanells and seeing any kind of women kissing women, or men kissing men. I only have the problem with the kids shows when it goes overboard and they are not old enough to truely understand why whats being said, is being said. I refered to Schrek because someone else told me this. (guess I shouldn't have listened) Anyhow, It's like I said, You know what they say about opinions, well if not here it goes, and yes, i'm going to cuss because I don't think I'm miss goody two shoes.

Opions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink.nuff said

All I've said in here were merely opinions, and yes, my shit does stink like everyone else's in the world

hey chimene...i wasn't meaning to pick on you. just hibiscusfire/blessed star.

luv, jojo

• NYCkid
    NYCkid

Normally I wouldn't even open a thread such as this but now that I have, I feel I must respond. Frankly I'm quite tired of prudish housewives who've found Jesus and probably have nothing better to do than to complain about the state of morality in his country which they feel is represented in television and film entertainment.

Why don't you try turning off your television or better yet, get rid of it altogether? Growing up as a JW, my family often played board and card games together with the TV off, which we still do today. If you feel that you must allow the TV to baby-sit your children, there are ways to select what they are watching. If you watch TV with them and come across offensive material, turn it off or use it as a conversation starter on why you feel such things are bad. Then you could explain why some people are not bothered by them and that you hope they will make the decisions for themselves when they are older.

I'm willing to bet that your children hear much worse on the playgrounds of their schools or local parks.

I can think of better things to complain about such as why people are dying every day in Iraq and Afghanistan because of an unjust war or in Kenya and Somalia from the worst drought ever recorded, or how the WTBTS violates basic human rights.

Putting things into perspective,

NYCkid

PS - Please, enough already with the "why I won't see Brokeback Mountain." I don't think most of us really care.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit