Intro's quote-o-rama

by Introspection 151 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Introspection
    Introspection

Thanks Mango, I'm not really back but I wasn't really gone either, just kind of taking a long time in between. I guess since I found that quote above I realized I wasn't using the internet for the right purpose.

Jay: Me lead you? Lady, look at me. I don't even know where the hell I am half the time.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Well here's another one, since atleast Mango reads this ..

George: I don't want hope. Hope is killing me. My dream is to become hopeless. When you're hopeless you don't care. And when you don't care, that indifference makes you attractive.
    Jerry: So, hopelessness is the key?
    George: It's my only hope.--Seinfeld

And since you like the Chips Ahoy thing:

Hannibal Lecter: How did you catch me, Will?
    Will: You had disadvantages.
    Hannibal Lecter: What disadvantages?
    WIll: You're insane. --Manhunter

• bitter mango
    bitter mango

intro :) you're so great!

here's my quote especially for you..."Hippies, hippies... they want to save the world but all they do is smoke pot and play frisbee." Eric Cartman, Southpark

hehehe :D

• Introspection
    Introspection

A couple more for you Mango, I may be tapped for a while after these.. From the Simpsons:

"Yes, honey...Just squeeze your rage up into a bitter little ball and release it at an appropriate time, like that day I hit the referee with the whiskey bottle." -Homer

"It's naive to think you can change a person--except maybe that boy who works in the library." -Lisa

• Introspection
    Introspection

Maybe I can squeeze out a few more:

King Arthur: Are all men from the future loud-mouthed braggarts?
    Ash: Nope. Just me baby... Just me. (Army of Darkness)

• Introspection
    Introspection

"I'm a driver, I'm a winner; things are gonna change I can feel it" -Loser by Beck, evidently this was a sample from George Bush..

• Satanus
    Satanus

On a certain day, the monks were told to gather in the Great Hall The Master held up a glass of water, and shook it gently.
    "The mind is like this glass of water," he said. "As long as it's stirred up, the impurities float everywhere, and taint every drop. Through meditation, the impurities settle to the bottom, and the water becomes pure as mountain rain."
    A monk who was listening stood up and groaned. He grabbed the glass, and poured it over the Master's head.
    The Master raised a dripping eyebrow. "You disapprove of today's lesson?"
    Instead of answering, the monk held up the empty glass and shook it vigourously.
    "How old are you, anyway?" he snarled. "The mind is nothing like a glass of water. It's like this glass of emptiness. Where are the impurities? Stir it all you want, or let it sit for a thousand years. Either way, it doesn't matter a sweet god-damn."
    A second monk groaned, then stood up and grabbed the glass.
    "What is this, amateur night?" cried the Master.
    The monk threw the glass across the room, where it shattered with a loud crash.
    "You both should still be wearing diapers," he shouted. He raised his hand as if holding a glass, and pointed to the empty space. "Where is the glass? Where is the water? Where is the container that could hold emptiness?"
    A third monk stood up, panic-stricken, and pointed to the broken glass. "Oh my God, the emptiness! He spilled it! It's going everywhere!"
    "Okay," yelled the Master. "You three—all of you—out of here! Get lost!"
    The three monks looked at each other, shrugged, and left.
    Silence fell.
    "What just happened here?" whispered a monk with an alarmed look on his face.
    "Graduation day," said his friend. "You know, sometimes I wish they'd just give out diplomas."

There are more @ http://www.haidi.org/ulrojr/koans.html

• ItsJustMe
    ItsJustMe

Don't know who said as it one of this flip-a-day calendars and is not accredited:

We often feel so confused about what we really want and what is good for us. We are so accustomed to doing what is expected of us that we have lost our ability to determine what it is we want. It's much better to be confused than to be certain about something that's not right.

• Introspection
    Introspection

I think I found my new signature quote.. Now I just have to come up with the message itself.

• bea
    bea

"I don't drink booze anymore ... I freeze it and eat it like a popsicle." - no idea where this comes from, but me likes :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit