Intro's quote-o-rama

by Introspection 151 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Introspection
    Introspection

Back to a serious one, I imagine different people can get different things out of this one. So for what it's worth here it is.. This may be me last message here too - for a while anyway. So ta ta for now...

-----

I tried to find Him on the Christian cross, but He was not there; I went to the Temple of the Hindus and to the old pagodas, but I could not find a trace of Him anywhere.

I searched on the mountains and in the valleys but neither in the heights nor in the depths was I able to find Him. I went to the Caaba in Mecca, but He was not there either.

I questioned the scholars and philosophers, but He was beyond their understanding.

I then looked into my heart and it was there where He dwelled that I saw Him; He was nowhere else to be found.

- Jelaluddin Rumi

• Introspection
    Introspection
    Mitch: Mitch Roman, Georgetown university. I was awared the William F. Thompson Scientific Achievement Award.

Patch: Emerson Elementary. I once drew a picture of a rabbit that got me two gold stars.

-Patch Adams the Movie

• Seven
    Seven

People in the world cannot
    identify their own mind.
    They believe that what
    they see, or hear, or feel,
    or know, is mind.
    They are blocked by the visual,
    the auditory, the tactile, and the mental,
    so they cannot see the
    brilliant spirit of their
    Original Mind.

- Huang-po

• Introspection
    Introspection

Hi Seven! How are ya? Hey I got a Ch'an poem for you, it's a bit lengthy though so I will post a link to a word document from my webspace: http://www.geocities.com/markec3019/TrustInMind.doc

• Seven
    Seven

Hi {{Intro!}} Wonderful to see you again. Thank you for the link, I'm on my way there now. I hope to chat soon. Seven

• Seven
    Seven

Intro, The page(link)you provided isn't available at this time. I'll continue to check to see if it's back up. seven

Thus we see that the all-important thing is not killing or giving life, drinking or not drinking, living in the town or the country, being lucky or unlucky, winning or losing. It is how we win, how we lose, how we live or die; finally, how we choose. We walk, and our religion is shown (even to the dullest and most insensitive person), in how we walk. Living in this world means choosing, and the way we choose to walk is infallibly and perfectly expressed in the walk itself. —R. H. Blyth

Since everything is but an apparition, having nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection, one may well burst out in laughter. —Longchenpa(14th century

• Wickid
    Wickid

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

--Book of Wickid, page 1.

• Wickid
    Wickid

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

--Book of Wickid, page 1.

• Introspection
    Introspection

"True humility is the absence of anyone to be proud." -Wei Wu Wei

• Introspection
    Introspection
    You live in illusion and in the appearance of things. There is a Reality. You are the Reality. But you do not know it. If you wake up to that Reality, you will know that you are nothing, and, being nothing, you are everything. That is all.

-Kalu Rinpoche

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit