Intro's quote-o-rama

by Introspection 151 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Introspection
    Introspection
    Attachment implies wanting a person to stay the same--especially in relation to us. There's a goal: Don't change. Since everyone and everything is always changing--impermanence is a univeral truth--relationships that deny this truth are bound to end in difficulty. Commitment, unlike attachment, doesn't say, 'You must stay a certain way for me to love you.' It says, 'We are in relationship, and I will be there with you through those changes.'

-Joseph Goldstein

• Introspection
    Introspection

Another one by the same author:

Loneliness implies a feeling of separation from everything else. Aloneness, on the other hand, offers the chance of becoming 'one with' things. Being alone on retreats or hiking in the wilderness, I've sometimes become so connected with the moment's experience-- the sights and sounds, the smells, the feel of air on my body-- that no separation exists at all between me and everything around me. This is the real meaning of intimacy, and the point where true intimacy begins. . . Most people think intimacy starts in relationships, but if we haven't learned the art of intimacy on a more fundamental level, we look for it in the wrong place. We may think intimacy is dependent on the other person's being a certain way, but it has nothing to do with that. It has to do with our own capacity for openness, for 'oneness' with experience. When we bring that awareness to our relationships, there is a genuine and lasting basis for deep connection. Intimacy can finally blossom.
  • Introspection
    Introspection
    What's the difference if Bruce Springstein is his shidoshi??

-IFAA rep Lee in the movie Bloodsport

• MissyMoesGhost
    MissyMoesGhost

Wayne's World?!?!?! Intro hun you are too much!!!

Kisses,

Moe

• Introspection
    Introspection

Well it's looking like I'm gonna be away from the board for some time. I'd like to share these words of wisdom for you all before I take my leave, though:

"There is only one thing to do. I will go out and have sex, and wait for something to randomly happen. It'll all work out, you'll see. It'll all work out.." -Tim Meadows in/as The Ladies Man

• Seven
    Seven

Hey Intro. :)

36. Opposition

To reduce someone's influence, first expand it;
    To reduce someone's force, first increase it;
    To overthrow someone, first exalt them;
    To take from someone, first give to them.

This is the subtlety by which the weak overcome the strong:
    Fish should not leave their depths,
    And swords should not leave their scabbards.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Hi Seven!

Are you still checking on the little sancuary? I do see your posts on this board here and there. Here are a couple of quotes I pulled from a stack of non-dual cards made by a friend:

Nothing is wrong with you, but the ideas you have of yourself are altogether wrong.
    ----
    Give up the tendency to define yourself.

-Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

• meadow77
    meadow77

I kinda skimmed the post so I hope no-one has already said this, The egg has to crack for the bird to fly. Someone on this board said that, but I can't remember who or what thread it was in. I thought it was really beautiful. Also does anyone know what happened to our quotes at the bottom of our posts?

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Meadow77 You're email is locked, so I'll use the board to reply.

Also does anyone know what happened to our quotes at the bottom of our posts?

I asked Simon this in an email and he is the reply.

I took the signatures off to save on some bandwidth - with recent growth of the site, it was going over the limit and every little bit helps. Personally, I prefer it without the signatures but I know some people do like them. One of the reasons for the new site is that it should save on bandwidth and buy us some capacity .

Hope this helps.

Regards

- Simon

• meadow77
    meadow77

Thanks XJW-Do you think we should hold a charity drive for the board? We could start a thread with one of those thermometers, and people coiuld respond how much they were giving, and we could move the little red line up. I think it's not a bad idea!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit