Australian Nazi regime?

by Norm 99 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent
    Somehow the message must get back to them that they will not be taken in if they come this way .....

Maybe we may have to do what Hong Kong ended up doing to boat people ..... they let them land, fed them a good meal and then took them to the airport, put them on a plane and sent them back without even hearing their story. They would turn around a boat load within 24 hours. The message got back and the boats stopped .....

How come "christians" are so loving? Send them back without even hearing their story? You disgust me!

Yakki Da

Kent

The most significant difference between Prime Minister John Howard and Hitler, is the fact that Hitler is dead.

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Jang
    Jang

Kent, they are SAFER if they stay put. For every 10 boats that set out with up to 500 people on it, at least one sinks!!!!!!

If they stay in Pakistan or Indonesia they can be processed, and if they are genuine cases then they will be accepted as migrants. This is a lot safer than taking a chance on those boats.

That was one of the main reasons the Hong Kongers took that tough stand .... to get the message back to stop the boats ..... The other reason was that their processing centres were over crowded, with three times as many people in there that they were meant to hold.

We have the same problem here with our processing centres. They are so overcrowded now we are having to build more ...... again!!!!

So, Kent, should we just let them continue to take their chances that they may sink or if they are lucky, be picked up by a ship if they are in trouble ..... considering that about 1 boat sinks every 6 weeks I guess those 500 people don't mean much to you all.

If the message gets back to them not to come because they won't be allowed in, at least they may stay alive long enough to get here legally!

JanG
    CAIC Website: http://caic.org.au/zjws.htm
    Personal Webpage: http://uq.net.au/~zzjgroen/

• drloss
    drloss

I dont think the Tampa situation should be confused with the overall refugee problem. If the Australian Government (or any other for that matter) intends considering and implementing strategies to stem the tide of illegal immigrants, there is a time and place for that.

Opportunistically dumping 400+ boat people on a private shipping company is not acceptable behaviour and just plain dumb in my view. That request for assistance passed on by Australian Rescue Authorities has to be one of the best (worst) hospital passes of all time.

• Kent
    Kent

Well, we're not talking about what's "safer" or not, Jan. As drloss said; Opportunistically dumping 400+ boat people on a private shipping company is not acceptable behaviour and just plain dumb in my view. That request for assistance passed on by Australian Rescue Authorities has to be one of the best (worst) hospital passes of all time.

If you feel it's "safer", I am tempted to ask: Safer for whom? I don't agree with the smuglers, the back-men earning big money on this shit. If they were shot, I wouldn't mind. But there is a responsibility - anyway I feel such a responsibility - to help people in need, no matter religion, skin color or where they are from.

After all, there is a meeting in Switzerland going on just now, and I happen to know the Norwegian government is actually positive to take some of these refugees to Norway. None of them WANTS to go here, but that was the same after the Vietnam war. 99,9% wanted to go to the US, and we got a lot of them here as well.

Anyway - Norwegians mean what we have said here. And the Norwegian authorities are positive to help out, as I've stated before. The Australian politicans who tried to make this a smart stunt in the election is guilty of the most rotten job I've ever seen! Of all the ways they COULD have handled this, they chose the absolute worst way, and the most costly - in every aspect.

I'm afraid I don't agree, Jan. If I were to follow your thinking, the best way to get peace in the Middle East is to nuke Israel (not a bad idea, btw), and there will be no more terrorism from them. If we nuke the countries around Australia, there will be no more refugees from there - and if everyone KNEW they would be bombed when they reached Australian waters - they would stop.

Do the authorities think of the risc of ships being routed to other places, because they can loose millions by delay if they need to hel people? I bet Wilhelmsen isn't that keen to help the Aussies once more!

Yakki Da

Kent

The most significant difference between Prime Minister John Howard and Hitler, is the fact that Hitler is dead.

• JanH
    JanH

A good observation by BBC's correspondent in Oslo, Norway, on why this incident has left Norwegians with a very bad image of Australia's actions: http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/europe/newsid_1518000/1518701.stm

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• Jang
    Jang

Dr Loss said:
    [quote}I dont think the Tampa situation should be confused with the overall refugee problem. If the Australian Government (or any other for that matter) intends considering and implementing strategies to stem the tide of illegal immigrants, there is a time and place for that.

Opportunistically dumping 400+ boat people on a private shipping company is not acceptable behaviour and just plain dumb in my view. That request for assistance passed on by Australian Rescue Authorities has to be one of the best (worst) hospital passes of all time.[/quote]

I agree that what they government did is not the best way to go about things ..... But considering that there is nowhere to put them for processing right now .....???? And Christmas Island is not suitable cause it is already overcrowded.

Putting it simply - there wasn't anywhere suitable to put them all. They processing centres are already so full they are having problems with the detainees ..... there are so many to process here already they can't keep up with the incoming boat people!

The Australians asked the Tampa to pick them up becuase the Tampa was the closest to them ... nothing more. If the Ozzies had been closest to them then it would have been the Ozzies etc. Even so, they would have have been brought here to Australia even on an Australian ship.

The Government has send the message out to these people time and time again .... don't come this way! It doesn't guarantee you can stay.

If they do get to our shores and go to a camp and are eventually rejected as a refugee then they go into a tantrum and riot or go on hunger strikes. This is the situation this boatload would be coming to now .... as will all the ones due this week!!!!!

The Government wants them to be located somewhere else while they are processed. If they are found to be genuine refugees then they are happy to let them in .... but we simply haven't got the accomodations for them while they are processed!!!!!!

That's the whole point !!!!!!! There is no where to put them while they are processed!!!!!

JanG

• crossroads
    crossroads

I'm getting in this rather late, I must say I don't think of
    myself to be able to articulate things better than Kent or
    JanH. I scimmed through the thread so I didn't read everthing .
    First I must say Prisca I'm disapointed most of us were
    happy with Farkel's return and what He wrote about, please
    go back and read it. These are the "least of my brothers".
    Jang just said some place was too overcrowded tell me
    is it less crowded on the boat there on. The nerve of these
    people to want a better life for there families, Prisca, Jang
    and all others on that side wouldn't you have spent your
    last dime to make things better for YOUR family. Oh and to
    pick where they want to go after being saved from the sea
    more nerve, Yes back in the days of slavery in this country
    the "!@##$%" would much rather be droped off in the heart
    of Dixie than a port the Yankees had control over.

What of the men on that ship trying to make a living to
    support THERE families----They were good deed doers now
    oh well go fuck yourselfs shouldn't have picked them up.
    Do you guys realize what Janh is saying here---These men
    are working now there families are drowning on dry land.

Look I don't know if I believe in the Ol' Testament or not, but
    if it is true,when god confused are language we set up
    countries, in essence HE CREATED HAVOC (He created
    counties) It's time to end that GAME and "do unto others".

Heres to seeing all of you on that boat at one time of your life or another

Just a "Simple Man" who still BELIEVES in Lennon's IMAGINE

• drloss
    drloss

Jan

Regardless of the difficulties Australia may have in dealing with this boatload, that is no justification for dumping the problem on a private shipping company.

The MS Tampa (freighter, 262m long, crew 27) is not in a better position than Australia (developed country, 7,692,030 km2, population 19.4m) to deal with this particular group.

No amount of rationalisation/justification (political gymnastics by Howard) will excuse the stupidity of the government's actions in this matter.

• Kent
    Kent

Jang;

I guess the CNN reporter tells this ok:

Norway is a seafaring nation. It has a 3,000-kilometre coastline, and weather and sea conditions are often difficult.

Many are the stories of rescues where ships have gone to save the crew and passengers of other vessels needing emergency assistance. No questions are asked as to where the victims are from, and why they are where they are. Lives must be saved.

This is exactly the spirit in which 61-year-old Captain Arne Rinnan answered the call from the Australian coastguard requesting he sail and rescue the 460 asylum-seekers now on board his container ship.

The subsequent refusal by the Australian Government to accept these people has been met with amazement by people here in Norway.

You should read the rest of the article, I guess.

As for the "crowded" Australia.

Where do you think there is the most space?

HERE:

Or in Australia?

How do you learn math down under?

Norway is about as far from Australia as possible - it's about directly on the other side of the world. The fact that Norway will probably accept some of your refugees - does that tell you something?

Yakki Da

Kent

• Jang
    Jang

Last year Australia accomodated 4175 boat people and 1694 by plane. That is a total of 5869 illegals in one year to he housed, fed and processed.

So far this year:

4141 boat people have arrived and 1508 by air. That is 5649 who had to be accomodated, fed and processed.

They are the ones we know about!!!!!!

At least another 2000 are either on boats now or about to leave ...

We could end up with close to 10,000 by the end of the year!!!

We simply cannot cope with this type of intake of illegals.

Sure, it is uncomfortable on the Tampa ..... but it is a lot more comfortable that it was on the sinking boat.

The government is already planning a large processing facility up near us in Brisbane, something that will take up to 1000 plus, and another outside Sydney ..... but they aren't ready yet.

Get real folks ..... at last the international community can see the problem we have here and the UN has been helping to find accomodation for these people while they are processed.

We are not refusing to take them once they have been processed, only saying we cannot take them right now ..... we are overloaded!!!!!

JanG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit