Australian Nazi regime?

by Norm 99 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Kent old Viking mate,

See the figs I've added to my post above.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

• Kent
    Kent
    About 45 crack troops from the Special Air Service (SAS) clambered aboard the container ship MS Tampa and ordered its master to turn back into international waters.

There is a word to be used - PIRATES! This is piracy, and a Norwegian ship is Norwegian territory. The kangaroo SS-troops (or was it SaS) has actually made an armed attack on Norwegian territory!

I bet this will rise the heat quite a lot - and I'm pretty sure the Prime Asshole Minister will lose a court case if sued by the Norwegians. :-)

Norway 1,500
    Sweden 1,800
    Australia - minumum quota per annum of 4,000 +

And the size of Norway, Sweden and Australia? I'd say 1.500 for Norway - compared to 4.000 for Australia - you take none at all. :-)

As for the figs, I'm certain it's a big reliefe for the ones dying onboard the Norwegian ship that some others survived earlier this year.

Sorry Ozzie - I don't buy that argument.
    Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between a fool and the JW legal department is that a fool might be sympathetic ."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I thought you'd fall for this, Kent!

There is a word to be used - PIRATES! This is piracy, and a Norwegian ship is Norwegian territory. The kangaroo SS-troops (or was it SaS) has actually made an armed attack on Norwegian territory!

If this is the case then the illegal immigrants have entered Norway, not Australia. Doesn't this mean that they are not Australia's problem? The Norwegians now have 400 illegal refugees in Norway and are desperate to try and palm them off to some other country.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"A lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies"
    ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON, The Grandmother

• Norm
    Norm

The Tampa was responding to a request from the Australian coast guard. Over 400 people on a 20 meter boat had been at sea for about 10 days already. The boat was leaking and would have sunk. This is first and foremost a humanitarian problem. Tampa is certified for 50 people, it now have 450 + people on board. Their provisions are depleted the health situation of many of the shipwrecked is deteriorating fast. The Australian storm troopers that came on board a civilian merchant vessel supposedly had 3 doctors with them. They wont help the refugees before the ship leaves Australian territorial waters. Some doctors, eh? The Australian government must really be some real low-life. I understand that they are very popular with the Australian population too, obviously those people are without shame. Real good Christians eh?

With this act the Australian nation is violating every international law they have ever signed and deserve the scorn and contempt of every civilized human being. Shame on you all!

Norm.

• Kent
    Kent
    If this is the case then the illegal immigrants have entered Norway, not Australia. Doesn't this mean that they are not Australia's problem? The Norwegians now have 400 illegal refugees in Norway and are desperate to try and palm them off to some other country.

In a sense, you're right. This is a grey zone, and the important thing here is that the Norwegian captain acted on a request from the Australians. On the other hand, they're now on Norwegian territory - because of this. And I bet the bill to the Aussies will be rather big:) Not to talk of the good publicity as a real good country who uses human rights to wipe their asses.

This particular ship has resqued many hundreds of people before, so it's not a new situation. The only new here is that they this time acted on a request from a government with morals as a back ally cat.

Yakki Da

Kent

"The only difference between a fool and the JW legal department is that a fool might be sympathetic ."

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Zep
    Zep
    I see the current intransigence of our government as sending a message to others.

What, the smugglers.

Come off it Zep, use your imagination!

Well...your probably right Ozzie mate. My point was however that these refugees have an idealistic view of Australia. They have no idea that they will be caught, spent a few years in a jail like situation and then be set back. They think they are coming to the good life. Do you think the smugglers tell them their going to get caught. No way...they take their money, say we'll get you in undetected and you'll live happily ever after.

Who is going to get the message. They arn't getting the message in the first place. The OZ government spents plenty in advertising over in indonesia (a popular jumping off point) about the perils, but they still come. The idea that they could be sending a message by doing this is strange...The message will fall on deaf ears. We will still be taking them in years to come...unless we decide to sink their boats when they hit our territorial waters.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    The only new here is that they this time acted on a request from a government with morals as a back ally cat.

We agree!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"A lie which is half a truth is ever the blackest of lies"
    ALFRED, LORD TENNYSON, The Grandmother

• Zep
    Zep

Norm,

The Australian government must really be some real low-life.

They're Politicians

I understand that they are very popular with the Australian population too,

I dont think so

...obviously those people are without shame. Real good Christians eh?

Well, we do have our wacko's, like all countries.

• Norm
    Norm

Hi Zep,

So far you are the one who has shown yourself to be a decent human being. People seem to forget that even though these people are from Afganistan they are human beings, there are pregnant women and children on that ship. I bet a lot of Aussies have more compassion for their dogs. As far as I can see, the current Australian regime is really popular in the polls for their "stand" against the refugees.

I must say I had a relatively high regard for Australia before this.

Norm.

• Norm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit