Australian Nazi regime?

by Norm 99 Replies latest jw friends

• Prisca
    Prisca

What about the refugees who are migrating the legal way? Why should they be pushed to the side?

Kent - you once again show your arrogance mixed with ignorance.

None of us are saying that these people should die.

These queue-jumpers are not starving, nor are they without medical aid. The Australian authorities are seeing to that. But the Australian govt (and the majority of Aussies) are sick and tired of arrogant people who think they can buy their way into a country.

You have absolutely no knowledge of Australian history or politics, nor understanding of the points that JanG, Stephanus or myself have brought out. Otherwise you would understand how East Timor and Australia's relationship with Indonesia bears into this discussion.

None of us have mentioned anything about them being Muslims. That has no bearing on the situation!

And yet again you throw insults instead of reasonable argument.

That's real intelligent Kent! [8>]

Stick to the facts Kent before you bluster forth once more!

• JanH
    JanH
    Whilst not excusing the Australian Government's indefensible stance, no-one seems to be aiming darts at Indonesia from whence the boat people departed 10 days earlier who also have refused entry.

Nobody expects anything from Indonesia, a country who committed genocide on East Timor for decades before giving in to pressure from the world opinion (after its economy was so weakened it simply had to). Australia, on the other hand, is a democracy, and has for some reason had a good reputation on human rights (considering it had apartheid laws until recently, that is pretty odd).

Australia is a sea-faring nation, and should respect the international laws of the Sea.

The message Australia sends now, is that the next time a merchant ship sees refugees about to drown at sea, they should turn their backs and let them disappear. And that is intentional from Mr Howard. His message doesn't reach desperate people in Afghanistan (they aren't even allowed to watch foreign TV). But it reaches every sea captain and ship owner in the world. And those are the ones he is talking to. He says: "If you pick them up, they will be your problem. Australia doesn't give a rat's ass about international law and human decency." The comparison of him to Hitler may not stand up, but Howard is surely a man capable of mass murder, as long as he can avoid his own hands getting dirty.

I am utterly disgusted with the Australians who support those atrocities.

- Jan
    --
    "People are apprehensive when they meet me. They think I'm going to eat
    them. But underneath it all, I'm quite shy." - Freddie Mercury

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

We don't support any atrocities.

As for our "recent apartheid", that was all dismantled at the same time that stuff was being pulled down in the US. The Federal act of parliament which gave Aborigines the right to vote in all elections (they already had the vote in some states - mine and UncleBruce's in particular) passed into law in 1962 - I wasn't even born then. Should I be blamed for our "apartheid" in this case too?

• Zep
    Zep
    What about the refugees who are migrating the legal way? Why should they be pushed to the side?

What legal way????? Refugees typically flee their country of origin to another country. Whats so legal about that? The question is whether they have a legitimate claim to flee.

• cornish
    cornish

The UK is already an overcrowded little island with about 58 million of us packed in and big pressure on precious building land resources etc,and strugling to cope with a vast number of assylum seekers who need help.
    Australia on the other hand with a thumping great continent with a relitevely small population and vast resorces is above all equiped to help.

• Zep
    Zep
    You have absolutely no knowledge of Australian history or politics, nor understanding of the points that JanG, Stephanus or myself have brought out. Otherwise you would understand how East Timor and Australia's relationship with Indonesia bears into this discussion.

East Timor is irrelevant to the issue at hand in the same way our treatment of Aborigines back in the 1800's is irrelevant. Kent is right!

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

True we've got plenty of room, but we'd need plenty of water to increase our population significantly. And I'm not against doing so. All fresh water is is ocean + energy; we've got plenty of ocean and could have plenty of energy if we were prepared to go down the nuclear energy path. Trouble is, a whole bunch of Greenpeace rent-a-crowd people from norway would be doing their darnedest to stop us from doing so!

• JanH
    JanH

Stephanus,

Trouble is, a whole bunch of Greenpeace rent-a-crowd people from norway would be doing their darnedest to stop us from doing so!

What crap!

In Norway, Greenpeace was called a terrorist organization by a newspaper. Greenpeace sued, and lost in court.

It's amazing what tricks some of you aussies use to justify your atrocities and attitudes in this case. I am utterly disguested.

- Jan
    --
    "People are apprehensive when they meet me. They think I'm going to eat
    them. But underneath it all, I'm quite shy." - Freddie Mercury

• Prisca
    Prisca

Sure Australia is a big country, but 75% of the land mass in uninhabitable. Most of it is desert. Our largest river is becoming increasingly salinated, and we are losing farmland to the increasing Australian desert. Are we meant to throw all the refugees into the desert? Yeah, that would make Australia really popular!

[8>]

• Jang
    Jang

Kent ....

These people were in refugee camps

they were already out of Afghanistan and safe ....

They had money, enough to try and jump the queue by coming here on a boat instead of going through normal channels.

If they had stayed put in Pakistan, they could have lived well on that money until our government had processed their applications and brought them here legally.

Others like them in these camps have been able to come in legally and we have taken them happily ....

So don't give me this crap you are shovelling ......

Another 1000 plus are already on boats on their way ......

They make the decision to use their money this way and put themselves and their families in danger rather than living comfortably with that money until they come here paid for by us.

JanG
    CAIC Website: http://caic.org.au/zjws.htm
    Personal Webpage: http://uq.net.au/~zzjgroen/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit