Australian Nazi regime?

by Norm 99 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

You missed the bit about East Timor, Kent - I noticed no great Norwegian contingent in the peace keeping forces.

Truly, instead of insulting the few Aussies who post here because they are here to talk about JW issues, why don't you go to aus.politics, a forum where such things ARE discussed, and crack a few heads. That forum is monitored by important people who can DO things, not powerless innocents like us who can only sit here feeling insulted while you compare us to Nazis. BTW, you lost AGAIN! LOL

• Zep
    Zep

Prisca

And the government has very good reason to believe that is the case with these people on the Tampa. They are not refugees, they are illegal queue jumpers.

All i can say to that Prisca is...Prove it. How can you possibly know this. How can you know their individual cases just like that. You know there is a pregnant woman on board...seems like a pretty desperate thing for a supposed well do to woman with lots of moolah to do. If they are coming from Afghanistan, then more than likely they can claim asylum, if you know whats going on Afghanistan...you know, THE TALIBAN. I bet you if it wasn't the Taliban running things in Afghan, but instead the WT, who had decided created heaven on earth in their own little asian plot, most ozzies here would say "sure let them in"
    What about if they are Iraqi. We are responible for the sanctions imposed on that Nation. They barely have any basic medical supplies over there. Hospitals use Asprin cause they cant get morphine...you know. How many kids are dieing over there because of our sanctions. So when they flee and come here, we are supposed to tell them to piss off. Thats pretty heartless.

We asked the Tampa to help us, to pick up the boat people.

He did it. Good on him.

Then he needs our help, we tell him to piss off. Well give yourself a medal John Howard.

BTW, those $$$ you think they have most likely took every last goat they owned + their shirt off their back to get.

So what happens now. What if Indonesia doesn't take them? Do we tell the Tampa to take them to Norway. Sheesh! What happens next time we spot a bunch of boat people off our shores, do we just assume they are queue jumpers and tell them to turn round?.

Stephanus

Oh, and if you want to discuss this in the correct forum (this one is about JWs, I believe

C'mon Steph. Do you want this place to be h20. Anything slightly off topic and your deleted. I see heaps of non dub topics posted here...In fact, if i remember correct, there was a huge thread on McVeigh not long back.

• Kent
    Kent
    You missed the bit about East Timor, Kent - I noticed no great Norwegian contingent in the peace keeping forces.

I fail completely to see what East Timor has to do with this situation. As for peace keeping forces, our forces are in the Baltic and the Middle East. Trying to protect "sub-humans" like Muslims - who Christian Australians don't care about.

I would like to see how people on this site would like to live in Afganistan. The Taliban regime is real fundie - and a woman can legally be poured petrol over and set at fire if she doesn't do what her husband tells her. Or - if he's simply tired of "the bitch".

Naturally, if a woman like that would ask a Christian "sister" for help - screw her! Let her burn! She's not a "legitimate" refugee - and besides - we help people in East Timor - so what the fuck are you talking about....

Yakki Da

Kent

The most significant difference between Prime Minister John Howard and Hitler, is the fact that Hitler is dead.

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    C'mon Steph. Do you want this place to be h20. Anything slightly off topic and your deleted. I see heaps of non dub topics posted here...In fact, if i remember correct, there was a huge thread on McVeigh not long back.

True, and I don't believe in censorship - frank discussion is always to be welcomed. There are also better ways of effecting change than sitting on the sidelines calling all Australians Nazis. aus.politics is a better forum. Writing letters to the editors of the various Australian dailies would be more effectual. I don't know what we as individuals are expected to do, other than sit here and take our medicine. I could go and see my local M.P (if I could get past his minders) but 1. he's a member of the opposition and 2. he's a total prat who's never done Sweet FA for me and my family when we've asked for help!

• Kent
    Kent

Zep; you said to Prisca:

If they are coming from Afghanistan, then more than likely they can claim asylum, if you know whats going on Afghanistan...you know, THE TALIBAN.

Prisca don't give a shit about that, my friend. She's the hypocrite TALKING about helpong others, scolding anyone who use "bad" words - and is perfectly happy with people dying outside the shore-line.

What's important to Prisca and her hypocritic friends is to have a certain distance to the problems - so they don't need to actually SEE what's going on. It's like sitting in a bomber, dropping bombs from 30.000 feet. Things change slightly when you youself rams a knife into someones ribs...

Ignorant people don't know shit about the Taliban, Zep. They don't care, and besides - these people aren't even christian. So who the fuck cares!

I've been told to transfer this discussion to another forum. Maybe I should meet these assholes in talk.psycophatic.assholes?

Yakki Da

Kent

The most significant difference between Prime Minister John Howard and Hitler, is the fact that Hitler is dead.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

What a lot of assumptions you DO make about the attitudes of others, Kent! No-one here has said that these refugees should die - all their material needs are being met while their final destination is being sorted out, which is why we're not screaming hysterically. Our govt is basically benign and will not harm these people in any way - we have a pretty good human rights record.

As for your attitude of "well everybody else does that" (East Timor and allowing a steady stream of refugees in) - are you sure you ever REALLY left the Dubs? You know, the place where anything good or kind done by someone was written off as being what everyone else does anyway but any minor infringement carries the death penalty (shunning, or at least a reputation of "spiritual weakness")?

• Kent
    Kent
    he's a total prat who's never done Sweet FA for me and my family when we've asked for help!

Aaah! So, he didn't help YOU - who have a real good life compared to the poor bastards we're talking about now - and so they can eat shit and die!

You're a real loving person! I hope you're floating around in the middle of the ocean outside a country as loving as your own some day - and I guess you would regret some of your statements!

Yakki Da

Kent

• Zep
    Zep
    There are also better ways of effecting change than sitting on the sidelines calling all Australians Nazis

It wasn't meant literally. I took it for what i'm sure it is: A bit of poetic licence used to emphasize a point. Surely you can see past the hard words to the issue at hand. There is no point getting cut about it.

Writing letters to the editors of the various Australian dailies would be more effectual. I don't know what we as individuals are expected to do, other than sit here and take our medicine. I could go and see my local M.P (if I could get past his minders) but 1. he's a member of the opposition and 2. he's a total prat who's never done Sweet FA for me and my family when we've asked for help!

welllll...every river starts with just a trickle Steph.

Personnally, i find writing & reading on boards like this one very helpful. It clarifies my views and forces me to research more. Its good mental exercise this place....and entertainment too.

• drloss
    drloss

Well!! Is it not too much to ask that the matter be considered rationally. In my view, the Australian Government should take them in house and feed them and deal with them as would have been done if the Tampa had not picked them up.

The reality is, had the boat not begun to sink, it would have arrived in Australia and we would have had another load of boat people to deal with. Therefore, Australia should have accepted delivery by the Tampa and thanked the ship's captain and owners for their humanitarian act.

Instead of that, we have a government hellbent on turning it into some sort of political game to "send a message" (unfortunately no-one is listening). It is simply a nonsense and should not have been allowed to develop as it has.

Having said that, some of the tripe being spouted on the matter around the world is simply breathtaking.Whilst not excusing the Australian Government's indefensible stance, no-one seems to be aiming darts at Indonesia from whence the boat people departed 10 days earlier who also have refused entry.

No-one seems to be making much of an effort to identify the people smugglers and bring them to account for placing these people in this position in the first place.

The boat people's refusal to accept being returned to Indonesia and threatening suicide by hunger strike or jumping overboard hardly gets a mention.

According to reports of discussions with the Tampa's captain NOBODY has died, NOBODY is in immediate danger and the Australian Government has undertaken to provide any necessary medical supplies/services.

Let's put this in perspective, the world stood by and allowed the atrocities in the Balkans over the past 10 years, 900,000 Rwandans were massacred whilst the world sat on its hands, Chechnya, Cambodia, Indonesia, Tibet, Vietnam, East Timor, Nicaragua, Chile, Bolivia, Nazi Germany etc etc. MILLIONS of people have been killed by regimes the world over. How does that compare to 400 boat people being refused entry to Australia?

Kent, your comparisons of Howard with Hitler and Australians with Nazis are totally inaccurate, quite offensive and simply demonstrate your inability to make a case rationally with fact and reason ie they appear to be the rantings of a half wit. Your exagerrated statements are nothing but piss and wind. Why don't you do as you exhort others and go fuck yourself.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Showing your total ignorance of Australian politics, eh Kent? I'd like you to tell me how I can get an MP who's never lifted a finger for me before to do so in this situation - I'm all ears.

Now, as for you, are YOU interested in helping these refugees? If so, making me and my countrymen angry by hurling insults at us helps the refugees exactly: how?

If you're so keen, maybe you could write a letter to my MP - surely a foreign dignitary with your diplomacy could get results where I have never been able to get any.

You're a real loving person! I hope you're floating around in the middle of the ocean outside a country as loving as your own some day - and I guess you would regret some of your statements

I certainly would regret all these statements you've attributed to me , if I'd ever made them! Where have I said I want these people dead, Kent? All I've said is that I resent being called a Nazi.

I favour immigration and allowing refugees into this country. I always put One Nation last on my ballot paper. If you weren't so pig ignorant of our political system here, you'd know just how significant that is!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit