Australian Nazi regime?

by Norm 99 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent

I'm afraid, Jang, the world see a government that has lost a lot of credability. In the talks tonight in Swizerland, the Aussies didn't accept any proposal from the UN. THAT will be seen.

I'm afraid the image which is being made of and by your prime minister is something like this:

Yakki Da

Kent

The most significant difference between Prime Minister John Howard and Hitler, is the fact that Hitler is dead.

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• drloss
    drloss

Jan

In an earlier post you stated "If the Ozzies had been closest to them then it would have been the Ozzies etc. Even so, they would have have been brought here to Australia even on an Australian ship." What difference does it make the vessel which picked them up is NOT Australian? THAT IS THE POINT. The Australian Government's actions have been cynical, opportunistic, indefensible and unAustralian.

Again you appear to be confusing the issue of the Australian Government's actions in relation to this group of illegal immigrants (which may or may not include genuine refugees) who were in immediate danger of sinking/drowning and rescued by a merchant vessel with the overall illegal immigrant problem.

I don't accept Australia doesn't have the capacity to deal with this group of people immediately. So what if our PERMANENT facilities happen to be full at the moment and it will take some time to erect more. Australia's emergency services (SES) has the capability of establishing emergency accommodation, as does the army, for many more than this group. The Australian Government also refuses to consider accommodation alternatives to "hostels" (low security prison camps).

In 1974 Darwin was flattened by cyclone and Australia coped with a city of 30,000 being made homeless over night. 27 years later we haven't the capacity to care for 460 people? I think we do, the Government simply refuses to use the resources at its disposal for its own political agenda and is releasing media propaganda saying it can't help.

In 1999 hail damaged 22,000 homes in Sydney. We coped despite thousands requiring temporary accommodation. Unquestionably Australia has the resources to deal with this problem but chooses not to. It is not a matter of "can't" it really is "won't" on the part of the Australian Government.

• Jang
    Jang

DrLoss

In an earlier post you stated "If the Ozzies had been closest to them then it would have been the Ozzies etc. Even so, they would have have been brought here to Australia even on an Australian ship." What difference does it make the vessel which picked them up is NOT Australian?

That is a typo ... I meant to say that if an Ozzie boat had picked them up the situation would have been the same and they would NOT have been brought to Australia.

The government asked the Tampa to take them BACK to Indonesia ... the Tampa decided that Christmas Island was closer - regardless of their ability to take them on.

I agree that once the Tampa had stopped at Chrstimas Island, that they Government should have made arrangements to land them on this occasion. Then they could have made it clear to the world that this would be the last boat load that would be permitted to do so and that all future boatloads would be turned back to indonesia etc.

But then, they would have been lambasted for doing that too I guess.

JanG
    CAIC Website: http://caic.org.au/zjws.htm
    Personal Webpage: http://uq.net.au/~zzjgroen/

• Zep
    Zep
    The government asked the Tampa to take them BACK to Indonesia ... the Tampa decided that Christmas Island was closer - regardless of their ability to take them on.

He only went to Christmas Island because he felt his crew was threatened by the refugees. He gets there and we send the SAS in...for gods sake.

Now John Howard is left looking like a dimwit because he's had to make a backdown from his tough stance. The refugees are off to NZ and Nauru. Why couldn't this have been done ages ago?

heres a little tidbit:

Margaret Piper from the Refugee Council of Australia has
    told Sky News the tiny South Pacific nation of Nauru has
    put Australia to shame.

"I sincerely hope not in the direction of Nauru, it is a very
    small place with a very limited capacity but it does put us
    to shame that a country with as limited resources is
    prepared to be far more generous than we have been," she
    said. " - ABC

• crossroads
    crossroads

Sister Jang can you spear a dime,

Brother Mark I've already given maybe some other time,

But my family is ailling,

Don't come here with you wailing,
    If I help you and yours more will be knockin' at my doors,

I don't mean too offend
    I just don't know if I can make it around another bend,

Thats not my fault
    I must I must bring this to a hault

"Let us Pray"

• Jang
    Jang

Zep quoted

[QUOTE]Margaret Piper from the Refugee Council of Australia has
    told Sky News the tiny South Pacific nation of Nauru has
    put Australia to shame.

"I sincerely hope not in the direction of Nauru, it is a very
    small place with a very limited capacity but it does put us
    to shame that a country with as limited resources is
    prepared to be far more generous than we have been," she
    said. " - ABC

Australia is paying ALL the costs of taking them there, supporting and feeding them and supplying Temp accomodation.

This is only until they are processed. That will be done as fast as possible because of the circumstances.

I know the Tampa captain was threatened ... and Australia backed up their decision by protecting him and keeping them in line .... in other words they made usre the refugees knew Australia meant what they said .... go back!

Now they have relented a bit ....

So, lets have some mroe figures here

Internationally, in the last year:

Canada took in 45 refugees per 100,000 head of population
    Australia took in 41 refugees per 100,000 head of population
    Norway only took 33 refugees refugees per 100,000 head of population

Shame on you Norway!!!!!

Although you did beat the USA

JanG

• Jang
    Jang

Crossroads wrote

Sister Jang can you spear a dime,

Brother Mark I've already given maybe some other time,

But my family is ailling,

Don't come here with you wailing,
    If I help you and yours more will be knockin' at my doors,

I don't mean too offend
    I just don't know if I can make it around another bend,

Thats not my fault
    I must I must bring this to a hault

"Let us Pray"

Those here who know me can tell you that if you were here and needed help, I would put you all up and help out of my own pocket, even if it meant thinning the soup down for all of us. If I was out of beds and floor space etc, then I would find someone to put you up, feed and clothe you etc and if they couldn't afford to feed you then I would pay for it myself.

At one stage I had over 10 people here besides my own family of 5 - so I think you need to rethink you viewpoint there mate.

JanG

• drloss
    drloss

The solution now being implemented is just for John Howard's political purposes.

Instead of landing the illegals on Xmas Is and flying them out, they are being transferred to a troopship, sailed to Port Moresby and then transshipped to NZ & Nauru - just so John Howard can say they never landed in Australia.

However, the Federal Court case in Melbourne may yet determine the outcome. For those who are unaware, an Australian court injunction is currently in place preventing the Government from proceeding with its plans. The court is sitting this morning to hear argument on the matter.

Watch this space.

• Zep
    Zep

Jang:

Australia is paying ALL the costs of taking them there, supporting and feeding them and supplying Temp accomodation.

Yes, your right Jan. They are moving them all the way to Nauru...(well they were until the injunction). And they are paying for everything. Could have just put them on Christmas Island. Christmas Island has said it can take another 500,,,albeit with difficulty. Why not move them to Darwin, it seems closer, and pay for everything there. Nauru is way over in the pacific

Well....apparently it might have something to do with the fact the refugees are being process by the UNHCR in Nauru, which has a lower approval rate for refugees than in OZ (maybe?). Australia does want to bring itself in line with UNHCR, which will mean it will be harder to get to get refugee approval. I dont know why they haven't done it already, then they could just move them to Australia and pay for everything here....yeah but good ol'Johnnie would rather stuff around with his SAS commandos and be an asshole to a ship that just needed our help.

He could have phoned NZ days ago too, and sorted all this stuff out, like Bob Brown has said. But he would just rather be an idiot and sent in the troops...This is a circus... and Howard is inept.

• crossroads
    crossroads

Jang---I believe you are like that,
    so why, why, are you applauding and siding
    with a leader who believes the exact opposite.

In the end it won't save your country any money.
    Also your leaders solution does not solve the problem
    so UNTIL NEXT TIME a punch of refugee's wash
    upon your shore---I bid you farewell-----------------

A man who lives in Phoenix AZ, so you want to talk about
    lack of water----lack of work----a desert----ILLEGALS,
    never mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit