Australian Nazi regime?

by Norm 99 Replies latest jw friends

• JanH
    JanH
    We don't support any atrocities.

Stephanus,

How come you only replied to a minor explanation in my message, but not to the major argument, which is that Australia's current policies is to make merchant ships not pick up refugees at sea if the closest port is Australian?

Australia has the closest port and is required by international law to provide emergency aid. Only the Australian media and public seems to think the three military doctors actually did anything (the sea men who are on board says the doctors refuse to provide medical help until the ship is back in international water).

The immigration issue is utterly irrelevant. If Australia's laws and the international refugee laws allows Australia to turn back these people after they have received proper emergency treatment, they are free to do so.

But of course, you know that once they receive these people, some of them may qualify for asylum by your own laws. And that will be unpopular in a country where racist sentiments are on the rise, and Howard wants to be reelected. This problem would never have come up if the election was not so close.

Face it, it's not 400-something more people coming to Oz you are afraid of. You are afraid of more people who do not have white skin being allowed to your over-crowded country. After all, you recently made it easier to obtain work permits for Europeans wanting to study and work. And you know many of them will stay, and you have nothing against that. They are, after all, white.

- Jan
    --
    "People are apprehensive when they meet me. They think I'm going to eat
    them. But underneath it all, I'm quite shy." - Freddie Mercury

• Jang
    Jang

[q]What legal way????? Refugees typically flee their country of origin to another country. Whats so legal about that? The question is whether they have a legitimate claim to flee.[/q]

In this case the did Stephanus ..... seems that most of them are Christians who would be executed in Afghanistan. This is the saddest part of all .... it is people like this that Australia would have let in first legally!

JanG
    CAIC Website: http://caic.org.au/zjws.htm
    Personal Webpage: http://uq.net.au/~zzjgroen/

• Jang
    Jang

[q]How come you only replied to a minor explanation in my message, but not to the major argument, which is that Australia's current policies is to make merchant ships not pick up refugees at sea if the closest port is Australian?[/q]

That isn't what they were asking Jan. They didn't want ships that picked them up bringing them here .....Totally different.

JanG
    CAIC Website: http://caic.org.au/zjws.htm
    Personal Webpage: http://uq.net.au/~zzjgroen/

• Zep
    Zep
    If they had stayed put in Pakistan, they could have lived well on that money until our government had processed their applications and brought them here legally.

So Pakistan should shoulder the burden huh! All of it!
    We should ship them back there.
    You know where Pakistan wants them to go. You know where Pakistan has said they want to ship them?. Back to Afghanistan JanG.

Geezzz, I hope they fled to Pakistan 'Legally' Prisca!

• JanH
    JanH

JanG,

They make the decision to use their money this way and put themselves and their families in danger rather than living comfortably with that money until they come here paid for by us.

Assuming this is true, JanG, you want to let these people drown? Starve to death?

You want to set aside international laws for humantarian aid, refugees and the laws of the seas so that you can state an example for the world and show you are tough on immigrants?

Facts of the case are that the ship is there, and so are the refugees. They are human beings. You are the closest port and you have the resources to help. Refusing to do that now, there, will show the world you're a hateful, racist country without respect for human rights and international law.

- Jan
    --
    "People are apprehensive when they meet me. They think I'm going to eat
    them. But underneath it all, I'm quite shy." - Freddie Mercury

• Kent
    Kent

So, I'm being called an ignorant again. It's easy to be angry, and it's easy to skip the subject, trying a "Red Herring".

What did I say that none of you have ever tried to answer?

I said:

The problem at hand is people dying, and they would have died if the Norwegian ship had not picked them up AT A REQUEST from the Australians.

I never said they should be given any legal rights in Australia, I never said they should not be returned if they were "illigal". I never talked about the smuglers, which we have more than enough trouble with in Norway as well.

What I did sa was this:
    Feed the people, have the decency to assure they get medical supplies, and then decide what to do!

The fact that Australians say they are in no trouble, differs from what the Norwegian captain is saying on telephone. What IS a fact is that the Australians have borded the ship, taken over control, and thats called PIRACY!

As a result, the refugees are now under AUSTRALIAN care. The Australians accepted the responsibility when they took over control of the Norwegian ship.

As to them spouting about my ignorance of Australian politics - I couldn't care less. What we're talking about here has nothing to do with politics. It has to do with human decency!

Maybe you are offended by me comparing your loved Prime Asshole (excuse me, minister) with Hitler. I did, and I frankly think he's a real good asshole as well. I never called anyone else a "nazi" - and the ones trying to accuse me of that - be my guest. I never said all Australians were nazis either, I'm talking about the government.

That said, I still find it interesting to see what people supports these atrocities. The same bleeding hearts crying all over when someone say a "bad" word. Talking about "support".

Where these refugees came from doesn't really matter - the situation at hand is still the same. The fact that the same people doing genocide on East Timor don't give a damn doesn't surprise anyone, does it?

Norway do get illigal imigrants as well, and so do Sweden, Denmark, Germany and France. Italy and Greece are flooded, and the amount of people coming in this way is rising - all over the world - not only in Australia. The fact that we don't like it doesn't change that fact.

When they come to Norway, they do get food, and medical care. But they are not granted they can stay - and they might be returned. That's what I say the Australians should do.

Norway has offered help, financially - via Red Cross in both Norway and Australia. But we were asked to help - and when the captain did - the Aussie government don't give a shit. Maybe you feel SaS special command armed to their teeth invading a ship, trying to make the Norwegian captain leave - is the way to act? Both Norway and Australia knows about ships and shiping. What the Aussie government is doing these days is against every law and rule at sea.

For thos who feel I'm an asshole for saying this, be my guest. I couldn't care less!

I'm utterly disgusted!

Yakki Da

Kent

The most significant difference between Prime Minister John Howard and Hitler, is the fact that Hitler is dead.

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Prisca
    Prisca

Sorry if you don't like being called ignorant, Kent, but for someone who shoots off idiotic insults as easily as you do, you certainly cry like a baby when you get a taste of your own medicine back!! [8>]

What I did sa was this:
    Feed the people, have the decency to assure they get medical supplies, and then decide what to do!

That's what the Australian govt is doing. Or doesn't your Norwegan media tell you that? Maybe you should base your information on more neutral sources.

The fact that Australians say they are in no trouble, differs from what the Norwegian captain is saying on telephone. What IS a fact is that the Australians have borded the ship, taken over control, and thats called PIRACY!

They have not taken over control, they are rendering humanitarian aid to these people. Food, water, medicine.

The only control they are exercising is to prevent the ship from entering Australian waters.

Another fact is that the closest country to this ship is Indonesia. But the queue-jumpers don't want to go there, they want to pick and chose where they decide to seek asylum! If they were true refugees, wouldn't they be grateful for whatever country accepted them?

• Zep
    Zep

Prisca

Another fact is that the closest country to this ship is Indonesia. But the queue-jumpers don't want to go there, they want to pick and chose where they decide to seek asylum! If they were true refugees, wouldn't they be grateful for whatever country accepted them?

Sorry to say...but the FACT is you don't seem to be reading very well Prisca. How can they be queue-jumpers when there IS NO QUEUE. Do you think they are all lining up in a queue at the Pakistani border waiting to get in..OF COURSE NOT. Then why do you think they should for Australia. Its very SIMPLE.

Pakistan has 2 million Refugees...THATS 2 MILLION. To us WHAT?
    Iran has 1.5 MILLION, thats 1.5 MILLION. To us what...how many are here being processed huh? How many on that boat huh!

Another simple FACT is, unlike JanG's assertion that they could live well in these Iranian and Paki camps...the OPPPOSITE is the case. Conditions are, to put it midly, not very good at all.

Another little tidbit is that Pakistan doesn't want anymore refugees and in FACT wants those already there to return to Afghanistan.

• Zep
    Zep
    Another fact is that the closest country to this ship is Indonesia

Geezz, i thought they were closer to Christmas Island.

But the queue-jumpers don't want to go there, they want to pick and chose where they decide to seek asylum

Wouldn't you!,,,have a heart. Yeah but, there is nothing more obscene that a bunch of rich refugees. So rich in fact, they we willing to risk life and limb on an overcrowded crappy boat...and would have drowned if it hadn't been for the Tampa. Maybe they should have stayed put with all their money in Afghanistan and built a condo or something.

refugees, wouldn't they be grateful for whatever country accepted them?

'Grateful' hmmmmm.....So what are those conditions like in Pakistan again?????? Ungrateful Bastards!
    'Accepted' hmmmm....Incase you aint noticed BTW. Indonesia aint accepted them either. So what should we do with them huh...If we dont take them, where do they go?

• msil
    msil

Kent and Ozzie,

You are both missing the point. What we should be asking is how do we get on board the boat to sell our magazines?

These people also have a right to know that they will die if they do not do what we say.

Please show love to these people and sell them as many magazines as possible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit