**WARNING** : THIS LINK CONTAINS EXTREMELY DISTURBING IMAGES

by dorayakii 91 Replies latest members adult

• LDH
    LDH

By the way, I did watch the video and I have a few additional remarks.

When animals (humans) are under vicious assault, their body will temporarily protect them from pain, that is called being in SHOCK. I do believe this poor young lady was in shock shortly after the beating commenced, which would have protected her from a lot of the pain of the assualt.

What bothered me was that I didn't see any family nearby wailing, or stepping in to defend a child. Focus once called me a 'she-bear' and I took that as a compliment--as a mother I want to beleive I would not stand by and watch that happening. I would attack like a she-bear, as would most moms in the Western world.

We are looking at a society that does not value children or life in the same way most of us do. Girls in third world countries are baggage that the family tries desparately to foist on another family. This family most likely forgot about her very quickly. That is the sad part.

The other thing is, many talk about the journalist but I think they perhaps confuse the role of the journalist. It is to report, not to intervene. If the cameraman interceded, causing his death and the destruction of the film, how would we know about it? It's only through the efforts of journalists who put themselves in danger the world over that we are able to learn about the rest of the world outside of our precious cocoon. Journalists who try to document these horrors that we would otherwise never know about, and some speak disrespectfully as though that cameraman had no feelings? Legitimate journalists never intervene in the story they are covering. They put themselves in war zones and in danger of being kidnapped to bring YOU the evening news.

Puts a whole new meaning to "By Awake! Correspondent in Switzerland."

Lisa

Loves and values all children Class

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Gee . . .THE WORLD has manifested . . .give me a minute to re-establish my link.

Thanks, appreciate that. I must have been napping cause for some odd reason I got caught up in flesh and blood . . .you know, the kind that helps one walk, talk, see. and do the other ones. Smell something?... I do, and its aroma is akin to the "three blind mice" kinda' scent. However, on the other hand, what the hell do I know ? Nothing much, except those things that I have discovered, while being alive and while trying my best to pay attention. Unfortunately, at this time in my life, I have found out that there are a lot of people ( 1000's of millions, which is a lot like billions ) that are living in a world whose "rules of life" are indeed very different than what I supposed. Ain't that sumthin'? Yes, even you, who are reading this post may have different views about the world ; may believe in a No-God . . . happy for ya. ( no ). Just wish you would take a minute out of your life to give thanks to your No-God for all the people who have sacrificed in one way or another so you can continue with your life and work toward a better world for you and yours.( Damn . . .I keep bustin' my own balls, you'd think I learn by now) Guess I'm just an average, everyday guy that believes when he takes his pulse in the morning it's a validation that there is a God.

And, a No -God in many hearts . . .see video.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Guess I'm just an average, everyday guy that believes when he takes his pulse in the morning it's a validation that there is a God.

and here i thought it was just my lil heart pumping away all this time. what a blind fool i am.

ts

• slugga
    slugga

Does anyone know if these Animals were identified and arrested?

• willowmoon
    willowmoon
    That video is probably one of the most evil and disturbing things I have ever seen.

I wish I could say the same. Sadly but honestly, I find this video no more shocking than other brutalities we all witness every single day, all over the world, some right in front of our eyes.

Many folk stateside believe the 'justice' of western civ lives everywhere. It just ain't so.

In many parts of the world, what occurred on that video, or some variation thereof, occurs commonly.

You think this stuff doesn't go on in the USA? Anyone remember 9/11, World Trade Center, New York City, USA ---- thousands of innocent people tortured inside a burning building , brutally murdered... while thousands more were forced to watch our fellow humans tortured and burned to death.... Has anyone looked at the death toll in Iraq recently? Who's doing the killing there? Who's standing by, watching, cameras rolling?

It isn't 'investigated' or prosecuted because it is too common to investigate and prosecute, and/or the government is in on the oppression of that people group.

People, please, wake up and realize that GOD does not commit these violent acts. Blaming GOD for the atrocious human behavior and cruelty is no answer. These acts are committed by HUMANS. The very HUMANS many of you place your faith in, the humans who TELL you it's all God's fault.........

willow

• slugga
    slugga

Well now you have all been horrified by the death of one human being by a group or other so called human beings maybe you might like to see a few statistics... taken from Amnesty internationals website about the death penalty for children http://web.amnesty.org/pages/deathpenalty-children-stats-eng

Recorded executions of child offenders since 1990: statistics

YearRecorded executions of child offendersTotal recorded executions worldwideCountries carrying out executions of child offenders (numbers of reported executions are shown in parentheses)
    199022029Iran (1), USA (1)
    199261708Iran (3), Pakistan (1), Saudi Arabia (1), USA (1)
    199351831USA (4), Yemen (1)
    199402331--
    199503276--
    199604272--
    199722607Nigeria (1), Pakistan (1)
    199832258USA (3)
    199921813Iran (1), USA (1)
    200061457Congo (Democratic Republic) (1), Iran (1), USA (4)
    200133048Iran (1), Pakistan (1), USA (1)
    200231526USA (3)
    200321146China (1), USA (1)
    200443797China (1), Iran (3)
    20058Not availableIran (8)

Recorded executions of child offenders since 1990: case details

CountryName of prisonerAgeDate of execution
    ChinaZhao Lin
    Gao Pan
    16 at time of offence
    16 or 17 at the time of offence
    January 2003
    8 March 2004
    Dem.Rep. of CongoKasongo14 at time of execution15 January 2000
    IranKazem Shirafkan
    Three young males

Ebrahim Qorbanzadeh
    Jasem Abrahimi
    Mehrdad Yousefi
    Mohammad Zadeh
    Salman
    Atefeh Rajabi
    Iman Farokhi
    Ali Safarpour Rajabi

Mahmoud A.

A. M.

Farshid Farighi

Name unknown
    Name unknown

Rostam Tajik
    17 at time of execution
    One aged 16, two aged
    17 at time of execution
    17 at time of execution
    17 at time of execution
    16 at time of offence
    17 at time of offence
    17 at time of offence
    16 at time of execution
    17 at time of execution
    16 or 17 at ttime of the offence
    15 or 16 at time of the offence
    16 or 17 at time of the offence
    14 to 16 at time of the offences
    17 at time of execution
    under 18 at time of the offence
    16 at time of the offence
    29 September 1992

24 October 1999
    14 January 2000
    29 May 2001
    25 January 2004
    12 May 2004
    15 August 2004
    19 January 2005
    13 July 2005

19 July 2005

19 July 2005

1 August 2005

23 August 2005

12 September 2005
    10 December 2005
    NigeriaChiebore Onuoha15 at time of offence, 17 at time of execution31 July 1997
    PakistanOne juvenile
    Shamun Masih
    Ali Sher
    17 when executed
    14 at time of offence
    13 at time of offence
    15 November 1992
    30 September 1997
    3 November 2001
    Saudi
    Arabia
    Sadeq Mal-Allah17 when sentenced to death3 September 1992
    USADalton Prejean
    Johnny Garrett
    Curtis Harris
    Frederick Lashley
    Christopher Burger
    Ruben Cantu
    Joseph John Cannon
    Robert Anthony Carter
    Dwayne Allen Wright
    Sean Sellers
    Steve Roach
    Chris Thomas
    Glen McGinnis
    Gary Graham
    Gerald Mitchell
    Napolean Beazley
    T.J. Jones
    Toronto Patterson
    Scott Allen Hain
    17 at time of offence
    17 at time of offence
    17 at time of offence
    17 at time of offence
    17 at time of offence
    17 at time of offence
    17 at time of offence
    17 at time of offence
    17 at time of offence
    16 at time of offence
    17 at time of offence
    17 at time of offence
    17 at time of offence
    17 at time of offence
    17 at time of offence
    17 at time of offence
    17 at time of offence
    17 at time of offence
    17 at time of offence
    18 May 1990
    11 February 1992
    1 July 1993
    28 July 1993
    7 December 1993
    24 August 1993
    22 April 1998
    18 May 1998
    14 October 1998
    4 February 1999
    10 January 2000
    13 January 2000
    25 January 2000
    22 June 2000
    22 October 2001
    28 May 2002
    8 August 2002
    28 August 2002
    3 April 2003
    YemenNaseer Munir Nasser al'Kirbi13 at time of execution21 July 1993

Last updated: 12 December 2005
  • slugga
  • dorayakii
    dorayakii
    Tigerman: Guess I'm just an average, everyday guy that believes when he takes his pulse in the morning it's a validation that there is a God.

I respect your belief... From my point of view though, even if your life, breath and pulse are proof of His existence, He cannot be the omnipotent, omnibenevolent and omniscient being of the Scriptures.

I think we need to define what "God" is, because we may be talking at cross-purposes here. Logically, if there exists a omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenvolent being, things like this footage would simply not happen. If i knew all, and could change all for the better, there would be no evil of this magnitude (given that I was all-Good as well). F**k my sovereignty, f**k proving Satan a lyer, and f**k my selfish desire to be worshipped.

Either God is benevolent, all-knowing but powerless, OR almighty, all-knowing and malevolent, OR almighty, benevolent but has no knowledge that evil exists... there are no other combinations.

Other than that, i respect your belief and your right to believe in a god... but if you rely on a mere feeling, for the existance of such supposedly ubiquitous and unmissable being, it just doesn't make sence.

willowman: These acts are committed by HUMANS. The very HUMANS many of you place your faith in, the humans who TELL you it's all God's fault...

Yes, these acts were certainly committed by HUMANS... God had absolutely nothing to do with the brutal stoning of the woman. HOWEVER, if he really exists, then just like the cowardly cameraman he stood back and did absolutely nothing, even with his ability to stop the situation.

Think about it, if you were God, would you prevent what happened in that video? If the answer is "yes", then why do you seem to morally superior to God who didn't prevent it despite being all-powerful and all-knowing??

walkaway: i think a little part of me has less idealism about human nature.
    tetra: watch the video again, and try an experiemnt. switch your mind over so that instead of seeing a bunch of *humans* who should know better (or that come from god, depending on what you think about the universe), pretend just for a moment that there is no god, and that all you see are a bunch of bi-pedal, hairless apes in clothing doing these horrid things, and tell me if it makes more, or less sense. gaining an economic explanation for the "how?" of this behavour is the first step is understanding the nature of the "why?" question.

definately, an idea that we humans are some *holy race of beings*, created in the image of a perfect loving god, and destined for greatness in some higher plane of existance falls like a broken vase into billions of tiny shards when you watch a video like this... and when you contemplate that this happens every day somewhere in the world, the shards are ground down into fine powder and blown into the wind... However, for society to let go of all its suppositions (and beliefs) about itself as unique and special, would invite a nihilistic outlook on existence, which would in turn destroy society. Once we have both the "how" and "why" of Tetra's thought-experiment, we also need to find a valid, justifiable reason for why *as individuals* we want to be "civilised".

Since leaving the JWs, I have never really had any kind of idealism about "human-nature". I think that is dangerous. What I can do though, is make my own *nature*. I know what kind of person I want to be (at least i think i do), i have my own standards which are different to the standards that i was brought up with. My friends know my standards and I know theirs. We cannot expect to change the entire world, but we can *change* it by educating ourselves, by educating others, and by our micro-effort to make our own lives "moral". There is no golden rule that says: "Good must always triumph over Evil" in the end, but all we can do is make ourselves better.

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

slugga, just one thing... watching the brutal stoning and live burning of a woman by a mob, is completely different from reading a list of statistics... or from reading about a stoning in the bible...

statistics should touch us, but they often sadly don't

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Dorayaki:

Either God is benevolent, all-knowing but powerless, OR almighty, all-knowing and malevolent, OR almighty, benevolent but has no knowledge that evil exists... there are no other combinations.

Other than that, i respect your belief and your right to believe in a god... but if you rely on a mere feeling, for the existance of such supposedly ubiquitous and unmissable being, it just doesn't make sence.

That`s very true. You`re not the first to have had these exact thoughts. You should read David Humes "Dialogues concerning natural religion" (scottish philosopher, 18th century),a book I suspect you would love. It`s published online here:

http://www.anselm.edu/homepage/dbanach/dnr.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit