An Especially Stupid Watchtower Issue (Mar 15, 06)

by metatron 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Great "food for thought" about those that claim "food from God".....

Excellent post!

Annie

• sir82
    sir82
    to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them

Reminds me of something one of my POs once told me.

In a case of "repressed memories" of childhood sexual abuse arising (nothing was done to the alleged perpetrator, it occurred 20+ years earlier, no eyewitnesses, obviously no other kind of evidence after so long), the PO was asked "if nothing is done judicially to the accused one, doesn't that seem like we believe him over her?"

His reply, "In a case like this, we believe both of them." I.e., the alleged victim, who said "my father abused me", and the alleged perpetrator, who said "no I didn't".

• integ
    integ

You guys are gonna get really ticked off when you get a look at the study articles in the Feb 15th 2006 Watchtower. I'll share my take on it, but I'm at work right now and don't have it in front of me.

-Integ.

• Scully
    Scully
    " ...would a Christian who is a self employed contractor bid on a job that involves painting one of the churches of Christendom and thereby

share in helping to promote false religion?" (pg. 24)

How about congregations that sell their old Kingdom Halls to churches? When I objected to this as an elder, I was told it was

OK with the Society!

The secret to understanding the rationales for these decisions is quite simple:

• If $$$ is going to the WTS, then it is OK.
    • If $$$ is going to anyone other than the WTS, then it is not OK.

When dealing with anything regarding the WTS, the best way to predict the decision or outcome on anything they do, is to follow the money.

• SomeGeek
    SomeGeek

It's not just JW. I know of a masonry firm that declined to bid on a Hindu temple. This firm is know for it's work on churchs and schools. The owner (Christian) thought it would be a conflict of interest. But this is only instance...churchs are constantly being built around here so their pockets aren't hurting.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    With so many Dubs on the window cleaning treadmill I wonder how many have got a job cleaning the windows of other places of worship?

My dad did. About 20 years ago, when my father was doing commercial cleaning jobs, he had one account that was a church. We cleaned the offices and recreation room but not the sanctuary.

Josie

• wombat
    wombat

Skyman..this is for you.

I am sure that you have seen the amazing pictures taken by the Hubble scope in space. The universe is so awe inspiring. A creator made all of this.

Scientists are making incredible discoveries about the minutae of DNA. This is a great creation that we are part of. We are such a humble part of it all.

Yet you are told that if you register as a corporation rather than a sole trader, this Great Creator will say - "Now that his papers are lodged I won't kill him"

Wombat

• skyman
    skyman

That is what I was told by the C.O. the above post and he said even the Society does it. I think it is such a hypocritical stand, what amazes me they except this hypocrisy as God ordained. They BAA like little sheep.

• justsomedude
    justsomedude
    " ...would a Christian who is a self employed contractor bid on a job that involves painting one of the churches of Christendom and thereby

share in helping to promote false religion?" (pg. 24)

When I was a kid, I remember taking a job working with the P.O. of all people at a church. We had been hired to break up and remove this fountain from in front of the church. Perhaps he was OK with it since we were foreshadowing the destruction of the all the worlds churches. :)

• simplesally
    simplesally

How about congregations that sell their old Kingdom Halls to churches? When I objected to this as an elder, I was told it was

OK with the Society!

In California, it is against the law to discriminate. If anyone offers full purchase price on a piece of real property it AGAINST THE LAW not to sell it to him/them. The prospective purchaser(s) has the right to sue you if you do not sell it to them.

So, in order for the JW's to really do this without reproach, the religious organization would have to offer FULL price. If they offer one penny less or demand things to be fixed then they do not have to sell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit