An Especially Stupid Watchtower Issue (Mar 15, 06)

by metatron 74 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Hypocritical JW religious discrimination lawsuit Mumphrey attorney called shining star in legal arena

Houston Chronicle, United States - 1 hour ago

... 2002. The jury awarded his client, a prison employee and Jehovah's Witness, $500,000 in damages plus $44,000 in attorney fees. The ... [......A licensed attorney since 1994, Davis, 36, says he has tried about 70 cases as both a former prosecutor and a private attorney. Some of his notable victories include: •A federal religious discrimination suit against the Texas Department of Criminal Justice in 2002. The jury awarded his client, a prison employee and Jehovah's Witness, $500,000 in damages plus $44,000 in attorney fees. The employee claimed she suffered retaliation after she complained about a warden requiring employees to pray with him during monthly meetings.......]

• Legolas
    Legolas
    So what do the resident jw apologists have to say about this thread?

I find that they either don't reply or stupidly try (to no avail) to still defend the witchtower!

• Clam
    Clam

Unbelievable.

With so many Dubs on the window cleaning treadmill I wonder how many have got a job cleaning the windows of other places of worship?

Like painting a church, the act of cleaning its windows also gives powerful assistance to the promotion of false religion and thus beelzebub himself.

JDub window cleaners are you helping Satan? STOP now!

• badboy
    badboy

sOROITY,WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Athlete of the Week: Zeph Tyson
    Modesto Bee, CA - 7 minutes ago Todays news
    ... It's a book in the Bible. We're Jehovah's Witnesses, and when I was born my parents brought me to the Kingdom Hall and a nice lady gave me that name. ... Downey basketball Tyson, a senior guard, scored a combined 44 points as the Knights were 1-1 in Modesto Metro Conference play last week. Against undefeated Modesto, he tallied 19 in a close loss. In a win over Beyer, he had 25 points. PARENTS: Darryl and Gloria Tyson. FAVORITE ATHLETE: "Allen Iverson. ... He's small and he runs all day. I try to do what he can and pass it around a little bit more." BIG RIVALS: "Modesto and Beyer. ... We'd lost twice to Beyer before last week, and got them in our third game at our Homecoming. It's Modesto because we want to be the first team to beat them." MOTTO: "To stay strong and play well in every game. My uncle Andre tells me to always stay strong and beat everyone. I try to follow that." TRADITION: "My family and I watch old tapes of Tiny Archibald and Allen Iverson playing basketball. And my brother (Darryl) tells me to play every game like it was my last." COLLEGE CHOICES: "Right now I have no idea where I'm going to go, but I definitely want to keep playing basketball." FAVORITE MUSIC: "Rap and R&B. ... 2Pac's my favorite rapper, but I really like Mac Dre, too." NBA PREDICTION: "It's looking like the Detroit Pistons, but Phoenix could shock some people." ON HIS NAME: "My full name is Zephaniah. It's a book in the Bible. We're Jehovah's Witnesses, and when I was born my parents brought me to the Kingdom Hall and a nice lady gave me that name. It's pretty unique." NOTABLES: Timmy Oswald, Mariposa basketball: Scored a combined 42 points in two Southern Athletic League wins. ... Sergio Juarez, Patterson basketball: Scored a combined 30 points in two Trans-Valley League wins. ... Tyler Heilman, Beyer basketball: Scored a combined 35 points as the Patriots went 1-1 in the MMC. ------------ Danny's commentary-The watchtower commands it's followers that JW school children must not participate in "extra-curricular" activities.Growing up JW since 1957 i have read and heard it countless times. You can be sure that this interview was scripted by local elders. Yes,the WTS will LIE to the public and promote theses contridictory disinformation media "puff pieces". Jesus said that his followers would be the "salt of the earth" not the scum of the earth-Danny Haszard

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I always wondered about when Kingdom Halls are sold to churches also.

I mean, since (in most cases) Kingdom Halls are "dedicated" for worship, I never heard of any "un-dedication" or something.

I guess then the Kingdom Hall would be disfellowshipped after it is sold.

Rub a Dub

• Gedanken
    Gedanken

Good post metatron. False = "not Watchtower" and Truth = "Watchtower." Just look 'em up in the Newspeak dictionary... "His mind slid away into the labyrinthine world of doublethink. To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget, whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself -- that was the ultimate subtlety: consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word "doublethink" involved the use of doublethink."

• DannyHaszard
  • skyman
    skyman

Here is one for you all. I had this come up and I sent a letter asking if I could work for a church. The reply letter said no and I would be DF'd if I did. The church threatened to sue me over religious discrimination. Now this is the funny thing, at the next assembly the C.O. came during the session and asked me to go with him, he took me away from everyone and told me how I could work for the church and get myself out of this problem without getting in trouble with the Society or the congregation. He said Incorporate, he said that is how his business did it. He said if I incorporated I could do all the churches I wanted and not be in trouble because I worked for the corporation and not for myself making it allowable. He said even the Society does this.

I did not know at the time what he was talking about that the Society does this but they do can anyone one say Rand Cam.

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

Then, into what category does the Watchtower Society fall, after its 120 year history of false prophecy in saying that

Armageddon is "Soon"? If they have been dead wrong across more than a century, in setting dates and encouraging

false expectations, how can they pretend to be anything except false religion? Does "false" MEAN false?
    same catagory the ones who wrote the bible who they took their B elief S ystem from .... it was the bible authors who many times said it was SOON....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit