An Especially Stupid Watchtower Issue (Mar 15, 06)

by metatron 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I knew a pioneer sister back in 1962 who took a part-time job at a church to support herself in the ministry. She even witnessed to the pastor.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I knew a pioneer sister back in 1962 who took a part-time job at a church to support herself in the ministry. She even witnessed to the pastor.

• underbeliever
    underbeliever

I am by no means an apologist; I'm one of those "still in but not really" folks. However what I can criticize here is the negative, vicious tone regarding people who are still in. They are primarily misled, and don't deserve that kind of vitriol. You will reach them, if that is your desire, with kindness, not with hatred.

• LDH
    LDH

Met,

Just had to comment on the title of this thread. I like the way you clarify that this is an "ESPECIALLY" stupid WT.

I suppose if you had just said "A Stupid Watchtower," no one would really have looked at the thread, as they are all stupid.

It was good to know this one was 'especially' so.

Lisa

• Curious-one
    Curious-one

I agree. The blind leading the blind. Both will fall into the pit.

• Clam
    Clam

Lighthouse welcome to the board and thank you for yet another example of the unique christian love that exists amongst Jehovah's people.

The New World will be such an idyllic place.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Prince catching on to dub double-life oh yeah! Pop Screen
    Harvard Crimson, MA - 4 hours ago

[email protected]

But I can’t help but be a little astounded that Prince, a card-carrying Jehovah’s Witness who just two years ago complained to Newsweek that “Now there ... Prince
    “Black Sweat” Maybe it shouldn’t shock me that a man who once changed his name to a symbol would change something as simple as his views on sex in the media. But I can’t help but be a little astounded that Prince, a card-carrying Jehovah’s Witness who just two years ago complained to Newsweek that “Now there’s all these dirty videos...we’re bombarded,would so quickly and so gleefully add to that bombardment.
    His video for “Black Sweat” consists mostly of a curvaceous model type, alternately clad in latex, lamè, and lingerie, dancing provocatively while Prince attempts to prove that an effeminate, short, 47-year-old singing falsetto can be sexy. Whether or not it’s successful is a matter of personal preference, but it is entertaining to watch him try.

Maybe it’s the illusion of class that black-and-white filming adds, but as T-and-A-centric videos go, this is less crass and more slyly amusing than most. Prince’s reaction to the woman shaking and posing for his benefit can most accurately be described as arch. At one point, he even sips a cup of tea, barely glancing at her gyrations. At another, he reads a magazine and smirks. Maybe he’s resisting temptation. More likely, he’s just playing it cool. With a few embarrassing exceptions (please, Prince, start wearing shirts under your suit coats), he plays the tease well. The video certainly doesn’t break any new ground, but it isn’t trying to. The angular funk of the song, a throwback to some of Prince’s earlier work, calls for a video that is simply sexy and fun, and “Black Sweat” by and large delivers. I’m sure Jehovah, if not all of his witnesses, would approve.
    —Lisa J. Bloomberg http://www.dannyhaszard.com/prince.htm related link Prince conversion to JW

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    JDub window cleaners are you helping Satan? STOP now!

Lol CLam...

and EXACTLY Skyman ''WITHOUT GETTING IN TROUBLE WITH THE SOCIETY AND THE CONGREGATION'' - no mention of conscience and GOD - like we can 'hoodwink' Him!!!!

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

Prince is going to be such a downfall in Jdubness

All these stars these days are trying to build some sort of religiousness, including the scientologists

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Prince attempts to prove that an effeminate, short, 47-year-old singing falsetto can be sexy.

Prince is 47 ??????

There's hope for old Ozzie yet, eh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit