An Especially Stupid Watchtower Issue (Mar 15, 06)

by metatron 74 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

What makes this latest Watchtower particularily dumb? Well, let's see.

Take a look at this gem:

" ...would a Christian who is a self employed contractor bid on a job that involves painting one of the churches of Christendom and thereby

share in helping to promote false religion?" (pg. 24)

How about congregations that sell their old Kingdom Halls to churches? When I objected to this as an elder, I was told it was

OK with the Society!

The study articles in this issue repeat the phrase "false religion" and "false worship" over and over again - but then offer up this

precious thought:

"We certainly do not use derogatory terms to describe people of other religions" (pg 31)

Like what exactly? "False religion"? "False Worship"?

The article says that false religion "has prostituted herself by forming alliances with one political power after another".

Since the metaphor here is that of a harlot, I would note that most prostitutes perform in exchange for hard cash.

However, when the Watchtower was exposed in an alliance with the UN, they offered the excuse that they needed

access to UN documents. When have you ever heard of a prostitute whoring herself for a library card?

Finally, how many Witlesses will actually ask themselves, "what is false religion? Wouldn't it be a religion that teaches false

things? Could it be a religion that repeats lies?" Isn't that entirely reasonable?

Then, into what category does the Watchtower Society fall, after its 120 year history of false prophecy in saying that

Armageddon is "Soon"? If they have been dead wrong across more than a century, in setting dates and encouraging

false expectations, how can they pretend to be anything except false religion? Does "false" MEAN false?

metatron

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Unbelievable isn't it? They just love to demonize other religions and critisize them for doing what they themselves do. But since the majority of the dubs are braindead and don't know about the true reasons for the WTS joining the UN as an NGO, or the RANDCAM and Phillip Morris stock they own, they just sit there listening to all this CRAP and believe it ALL, all the while feeling superior to other religions.

It's just unbelievable how ridiculous the WTS really is, spewing this kind of garbage!

IC

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Bomber post, isn't it amazing how clearly you can see these contradictions and hypocrisies. When you no longer have the mental roadblocks up the mind picks up on these instances. In fact they seem to jump out at you.

• lawrence
    lawrence

These bastards are no different than the "Wild Beast" they deride - these are the folks who sell dynamite to the Arabs and guns to the Jews - no different, cut from the same cloth. What hypocrits! Great post!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The kingdom hall I grew up in in Hobart was bought off the Salvation Army. After the quickbuild they sold to a bridge club. I was about 16 and wondered what Jehovah thought of all these old men gambling in his old house.

• LDH
    LDH

Their synapses have ceased firing.

Lisa

• garybuss
    garybuss

It looks like the Kingdom Hall in Sioux Falls was sold to a competing religion. I didn't do a title search to see if this was a direct transfer. Unless a Witness bought the Hall, it would have had to have been sold so some part of Satan's organization. Sleeping with the enemy is a long established Witness behavior.

• Nellie
    Nellie

Wow - I agree - how clear it all is today!

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Their synapses have ceased firing.

When were they EVER firing?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I know buddy. Isn't it great not to be swallowing it all now?

Like an enormous yoke lifted from my back, hey wait a minute...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit