WHO R ANOINTED TODAY?

by PMJ 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    i understand what your saying but from what i can see your dwelling on all the negitive all the question that cant be answered

I don't know if you were addressing my questions, but if you were even you know they can be answered. No, in spite of the NT appeals to unity (from different perspectives), the early Christians (which you would call "anointed") did not agree on everything, and they did disagree on fairly important points.

Why should this be different now? And, then, why would the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses insist on regarding only those who adhere 100 % to their opinion as true Christians, disfellowshipping and shunning any former member who happens to disagree to any extent? Are they working for Christian unity? Ask yourself. Seriously.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Allegedly you view Christendom as apostate - how come they have sent missionaries to every nation of the world, if the JWs are allegedly the only ones to do this???

For well over 1000 years the Catholic church (Eastern Orthodox and Roman, especially) was the only Christian, proselytising religion. Are you going to backpedal, now, and say that they had it right for a while?

Do you only believe stuff you read in the WTS publications, by any chance?

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    i belivive me going out preaching and living a clean life is jehovah Gods will.i serve jehovah no one else i beleive the governing body r giving out the spirtual food at the proper time.im not saying everything is correct.but im not going to give my faith up just because i dont understand a certain point.i try to look at the big picture.the isralite nation all ways did things wrong but faithful men like moses and abraham looked at the bigger picture

That statement could be said by any faithful Christian about any of their mainstream Christian sects. So, it begs the question, what makes the dubs so "true", besides their own claim to being the "truth"?

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    i understand what your saying but from what i can see your dwelling on all the negitive all the question that cant be answered.instead of dwelling on all the positives.i belivive me going out preaching and living a clean life is jehovah Gods will.i serve jehovah no one else i beleive the governing body r giving out the spirtual food at the proper time.im not saying everything is correct.but im not going to give my faith up just because i dont understand a certain point.i try to look at the big picture.the isralite nation all ways did things wrong but faithful men like moses and abraham looked at the bigger picture

Just dropping in to say wow, that's the best post I've read from you so far PMJ!! Now, to get the bigger picture, do you see that other individual Christians have roughly the same goals as you - serve Jehovah, live a godly life, preach - if they believe that is what God has called them to, not believing everything taught by their respective leaders is correct - but holding to their faith. Because of this I believe there are anointed Christians both in 'Christendom' and in 'Jehovahs organisation' in spite of doctrinal differences. Many parts with different functions - but only one body - Paul Whoever is not against us is for us - Jesus

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Most people in the world who have the Bible and know of Jesus Christ did not recieve these from Jehovah's Witnesses.

• THE SHOOTIST
    THE SHOOTIST

PMJ, Do you believe there are only 144,000 of the anointed class, you know, the only ones that go to heaven to rule as kings and priests with Jesus? Are you still a posting JW? If so, let's do a little simple math. Since Pentecost 33 C.E. until 2006 there has elapsed approximately 1,973 years since the selection of the heavenly class began. That equals a little less than 73 chosen ones every year since 33 C.E.. Now if Peter"s sermons led to the initial conversion of 5000 and the word spread so thoroughly through the then known world that Paul said the good news had been successfully preached, just have many converts were there by 70 C.E.? Remember, Nero blamed the christians for burning Rome. They were supposedly killed in vast numbers in the Roman arenas and this was all prior to 70 C.E.. This bothered me as a witness for a long time. From the Bible students meager start in the 1870's until 1925, there were approximately 100,000 attending the memmmorial. Then 1925, you know, the year Rutherford predicted for the end, the year that made an ass out of him as he admitted, the next year there were less than 20,000 at the memorial if my memmory of statistics serves me correctly. That little error cost them 80,000 or more partakers. I guess they were just a bunch of culls that couldn't stand all that bright light. How many were professing to be of the anointed before the year 1935, the other sheep discovery year of new light. The only reason for this new light was the number 144,000 was getting them in trouble again. Heck, with a little booze, and a big imagination, you can come up with all kinds of new light. However, if you can add and use logic, the 144,000 number probably had them in trouble even before the fall Jerusalem in 70 C.E. The point is, PMJ, if you believe the 144,000 make up the anointed, I'm afraid you been fresh out of participants for the last 1,900 years or so. Your governing body may be just regular guys. I call them the unfaithful and indiscreet slave class. How do you reply to this?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

PMJ uttered-"i understand what your saying but from what i can see your dwelling on all the negitive all the question that cant be answered.instead of dwelling on all the positives."

it is difikult to seek about all the positeves in the witchtower sassiety becuz there r so menny. if yoo r blind then yoo ken only see posetieves, and yoo r blind.

PMJ sed.."i belivive me going out preaching and living a clean life is jehovah Gods will.i serve jehovah no one else i beleive the governing body r giving out the spirtual food at the proper time.im not saying everything is correct."

Then how doo yoo no what is coorect and what is not when yoo r following the directtions of those yoo think are special in your gods eyes? R YOO COORECT WHEN YOO DO WHUT THEY TELL YOO TO DO AND THAN YOO FINE OUT THEY R WRONG?

WOODENT YOU FEEL STOOPID AND THINK YORE WATCHTOWER PEEPLE LEADERS AFTER KEEP DOOING THIS FOR MENY AND MENY YEERS???

PMJ sed.."but im not going to give my faith up just because i dont understand a certain point.i try to look at the big picture.the isralite nation all ways did things wrong but faithful men like moses and abraham looked at the bigger picture"

YUP thats how they keep yu hooked, by telling yoo that even so if they r stoopid AND wrong that yoo r still sposed to keep on dooing whut they say...and WE -- r smart enuf to wize up and see we r not fools eny more. YOO R NOT SEE THIS YET.

will yoo ever say an answer for SKYMAN on the blood stuff like yoo sed?

To the rest of this board....WHY do we bother?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    well i look at the facts.the witnesses keep proclaimng Gods kingdom.they do all things that they did when these other anointed peopel went against.can you show me any apostates that have preached the good news of the kingdom through out the inhabited earth?

What is the message the JW's preach, PMJ? Is it the same message that the early Christians preached? What does the Bible say about anyone who preaches a different message than the message preached by the early Christians? Why do I have the feeling that I'm just wasting time asking PMJ these things?

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    i understand what your saying but from what i can see your dwelling on all the negitive all the question that cant be answered.instead of dwelling on all the positives.i belivive me going out preaching and living a clean life is jehovah Gods will.i serve jehovah no one else i beleive the governing body r giving out the spirtual food at the proper time.im not saying everything is correct.but im not going to give my faith up just because i dont understand a certain point.i try to look at the big picture.the isralite nation all ways did things wrong but faithful men like moses and abraham looked at the bigger picture
    Just dropping in to say wow, that's the best post I've read from you so far PMJ!! Now, to get the bigger picture, do you see that other individual Christians have roughly the same goals as you - serve Jehovah, live a godly life, preach - if they believe that is what God has called them to, not believing everything taught by their respective leaders is correct - but holding to their faith. Because of this I believe there are anointed Christians both in 'Christendom' and in 'Jehovahs organisation' in spite of doctrinal differences. Many parts with different functions - but only one body - Paul Whoever is not against us is for us - Jesus

I agree Sad Emo. Pmj, I think probably a lot of people feel the way you do. No man has all the answers. It's just not going to happen. Man is imperfect. So, that's why I have a tough time with the idea that a person's salvation is dependant on their holding fast to the teachings of another man, based on that man's interpretation or understanding of a particular scripture at any given time. To me, that goes against what the Bible teaches. If two people get together for a weekly reading of the bible and ask God that they be led by His Holy Spirit to understand the truth of the Bible, yet they come to a complete different understanding of the Bible then what the WTS teaches, did the Holy Spirit mislead them? You ask who are annointed? Maybe, due to our Human imperfection, we will all have a limited or different understanding of who God is and so therefore, we can't judge who are annointed and who are not. all the best Pmj, good thread Meagan

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    well u seem to no a little on this subject.you tell me mrs jones.ive told you who i think will be anointed.now you tell me?

Well OK then, I believe that there is no annointed 144.000 - that's a big lie based the twisting of scripture. I don't even think that the governing body/fds (otherwise know as the faithful and discreet slave) is in any way annointed. I believe anyone (and I mean anyone) can be annointed. It's not limited to the jws.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit