WHO R ANOINTED TODAY?

by PMJ 69 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

PMJ,

Try this: Look only at the positive things of the Catholic faith, the B'hai faith, the Buddhist faith, the Shinto faith, the Muslim faith, and the Baptist faith.

The rule you are imposing for consideration of Jehovah's Witnesses is similar, you demand we look only at the positives and that any looking at the negative is apostasy. Do you know which of the faiths I mentioned demand similar consideration? (hint: it is only one of them)

The point is, if you looked at any religion and ONLY looked at the positives you could convince yourself that the religion is THE TRUTH. However, that would not be fair-minded (noble-minded).

Those who have received a baptism by Holy Spirit are Christians. According to Jesus, in his discussion with Nicodemus, these are the only ones who will be permitted into the Kingdom of God. (John 3) Do you believe Jesus?

According to John, this anointing (not an organization) is what unites Christians with Christ, what gives the freeness of speech, and is also what teaches them. (1 John 2:26-29)

According to Paul, this is what gives them the freedom of the sons of God and adoption to God. (Romans 8:12-25)

There is no indication in the NT that a Christian would be shackled to an earthly organization or its dogma, which is amazing considering that the Catholic Church decided which writings were canonical and which were not. Perhaps you believe they were guided by holy spirit in their determination of canonicity. In which case, do you believe they are God's true Church? A billion people out of every nation and tribe and tongue profess that they believe the Catholic Church is God's true Church.

I don't believe the Catholic Church is God's true Church, but I certainly won't deny the good the Catholic Church accomplishes just because of that. The Catholic Church doesn't deny good in other religions, either. They also do not deny that anyone who asks for holy spirit in faith receives it. (Luke 11:5-13)

However, the Governing Body claims to be anointed by holy spirit, appointed by holy spirit, directed by holy spirit, but not inspired by it.

They claim to have ultimate authority over Christ's belongings in place of the Faithful and Discreet Slave, they claim to be God's Channel of communication, God's spokesmen, and they claim to be fallible in their communications from God.

They claim that anyone who disagrees with them is disagreeing with God, yet they claim that God cannot ever be wrong while they can.

They hold their own authority as superior EVEN to the authority of the Bible, they claim that interpretations belong to God, that God communicates the correct interpretation to them, that all JWs should have complete confidence in their interpretation, and that their interpretations may be wrong.

They claim that anyone who studies JUST the Bible, without the aid of WTS publications, will not remain one of Jehovah's Witnesses:

*** w81 8/15 pp. 28-29 Serving Jehovah “Shoulder to Shoulder” ***12 The “change to a pure language” has been hard for some to make. It is not easy to come out of the world, with its easygoing, permissive ways, and to make the sacrifices necessary for ‘calling upon the name of Jehovah.’ It has required our getting rid of wrong thoughts, bad habits and self-seeking, loose ways of life, in order to conform to the clean, worthwhile standards of God’s own people. (Eph. 4:17, 18, 29; 1 Pet. 4:3) It has required our giving proper recognition to the one organization that Jehovah is using in the earth today, and this by our associating with the “faithful and discreet slave.” It has required meekness, in our “carefully examining” God’s Word with the aid of that ‘slave’s’ publications, in order to fortify our faith.—Matt. 24:45; Acts 17:11.
    13 In serving Jehovah “shoulder to shoulder,” we need, as Zephaniah so often emphasizes, to cultivate the quality of meekness. When we make mistakes, as all imperfect humans do, let us be ready to acknowledge them, even as the “faithful and discreet slave,” made up of imperfect fleshly men, has had to make corrections. However, let us never be critical of the grand body of truth that Jehovah has built up among his united people over the past 100 years, and which, by correction and adjustment, has come to shine ever more brightly on “the path of the righteous ones.”—Prov. 4:18.
    14 From time to time, there have arisen from among the ranks of Jehovah’s people those who, like the original Satan, have adopted an independent, faultfinding attitude. They do not want to serve “shoulder to shoulder” with the worldwide brotherhood. (Compare Ephesians 2:19-22.) Rather, they present a “stubborn shoulder” to Jehovah’s words. (Zech. 7:11, 12) Reviling the pattern of the “pure language” that Jehovah has so graciously taught his people over the past century, these haughty ones try to draw the “sheep” away from the one international “flock” that Jesus has gathered in the earth. (John 10:7-10, 16) They try to sow doubts and to separate unsuspecting ones from the bounteous “table” of spiritual food spread at the Kingdom Halls of Jehovah’s Witnesses, where truly there is ‘nothing lacking.’ (Ps. 23:1-6) They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such ‘Bible reading,’ they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom’s clergy were teaching 100 years ago, and some have even returned to celebrating Christendom’s festivals again, such as the Roman Saturnalia of December 25! Jesus and his apostles warned against such lawless ones.—Matt. 24:11-13; Acts 20:28-30; 2 Pet. 2:1, 22.

They have literally added volumes of words to the Word of God and state outright that God's Word cannot be properly understood by study and the operation of holy spirit alone.

They shorten the hand of God and make Him lame, they assert that they are NECESSARY for salvation and compare the organization itself to the ark as needed for preserving life through Armageddon, when Jesus said that he would handle that particular job of salvation for all mankind.

You have been grossly misled, PMJ. You are not alone. I hope you wake up.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

"Re: WHO R ANOINTED TODAY?"

• jgnat
    jgnat

I see a couple things going on here.

PMJ, it seems to me you are suggesting that a person has to have an accurate view of God to be annointed. There is no scriptural backing for this belief. Who of us has seen God, so say if his left eye is blue or green? Every one of us has an imperfect view. If annointing were dependent on accuracy or perfection, then none of us can be.

On the other hand, the Christian Greek Scriptures are rich with blessings, promises, and stories of the Holy Spirit's power and annointing. I do not see in any of those accounts a requirement for perfection or accuracy, only willingness to follow. Of course, you won't see many of those promises repeated in the Watchtower literature, as the Watchtower Society has told you that these blessings are only for a select few.

I don't understand this. Why Jesus would share with his disciples the blessings and promises to come, if they were not meant for us today, too.

I believe I am annointed by the Holy Spirit. This is what I've been taught, and I believe God's blessings are evident in my life. I have proof of annointing.

• Mary
    Mary
    WHO R ANOINTED TODAY?

Finally Free said: No one who is associated with the non-Christian, Apostate Watchtower organisation can be annointed.

LOL! FF, you took the words right out of my mouth. Thankfully, Jesus isn't duped by those duffuses down at Crooklyn who are masquerating as annointed spiritual brothers of his. They are neither faithful nor discreet. Hell, they're not even Christian........

• lola28
    lola28

I don't know, and I don't care

lola

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

PMJ, after close to a years worth of research I have come to the conclusion that although the bible is beneficial in some ways, like the book of Proverbs, Psalms. I don't believe that it is what it claims to be, I don't believe it is god inspired. I believe this book consists of stories that were borrowed from other civilizations, they copied rituals, building designs, and beliefs, please research the civilization of the Sumerians. Because of this and other things I've learned, I don't believe there are annointed people as portayed by the JW's, there may be people that are schizofrenic who hear voices and see visions, but this is due to an illness or maybe there are people that are very in tune with their spiritual side and just feel a closeness to the devine or God, I have personally felt this at times.

I believe there are special people on this Earth that do wonderful things for others, they come from all different faiths, sometimes these people are even atheists or agnostic. What does it really matter? What really matters is that while we are here on this planet we care for each other whether the other person belongs to our religion or not, that we teach our children to be loving, respectful and tolerant of others differences and beliefs and that when our time is up here and we face death, we know that we made a difference!

IC

• PMJ
    PMJ

well u all seem to have diffrent angles for arguments.but there is NO WAY.god will anoint some one who doesnt even no him.the bible says acurate knowledge of the truth.there is no way Gods spirt is in all chirstian churches.there can be only one true church.every one on this board are all ways saying that the governing body cant have Gods spirt because they get things wrong.yet in the same breath your saying other churches who dont have correct doctrins have Gods spirt

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

University of Awake -- Home of the "Loyal Sheep"

The "fight song" is Kingdom Melodies #191: "Make the Truth Your Own". The alma mater is Song 8: "Loyal Submission, in recognition, this to our god we owe." LOL.

At one end of their stadium, they have a 40 ft mural of Touchdown Jaracz. (lol).

• bebu
    bebu
    the governing body cant have Gods spirt because they get things wrong.yet in the same breath your saying other churches who dont have correct doctrins have Gods spirt

your original question was, Who R Anointed Today?

The short answer is, those who have God's Holy Spirit.

The next question is, who has the HS?

I submit that it will be a group who 1) truly repent of their sins and 2) believe in Christ for their forgiveness.

That group is not limited to Catholics or Protestants. It can include JWs too, but I doubt that those would be the average JW. No group was ever mentioned. The church was defined by those who repented and believed, both Jew and Gentile.

bebu

Edited to add: I personally don't accept the idea of the anointed as being the only ones who are saved. They are anointed for serving humanity in the same way Christ served. The anointing is for that purpose, not as a thing in itself.

• kristyann
    kristyann

PMJ... it's not about particular churches. To be saved, which is what matters, you do not need to belong to a certain church or organization. God saves individuals, not organizations or churches. All of the people that are saved make up HIS CHURCH... but they can belong to different earthly churches here. It is about the INDIVIDUAL. Jesus Christ can save anyone that calls on Him and has faith in His sacrifice on the cross for us. Nowhere does your Bible, or anyone else's, imply that you need to be part of a specific organization... if you believe and have faith in Him, you are part of His church.

"That if you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9 There aren't any "if you belong to the Baptists" or "if you belong to the Watchtower" or anything involved with that. CONFESS AND BELIEVE! That's it.

PMJ... do the elders know you're here? What would the GB think of you being at an apostate site? You obviously don't take them seriously enough. I was just reading a new article in either one of the March Watchtowers, or maybe the March Awake, about how true Christians avoid the Internet and video games... and I'm sure the WTS especially condemns going to "apostate sites." So do the elders know? Or are you an elder breaking your own rules?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit