Do you oppose Gay marriage?

by LittleToe 145 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• joelbear
    joelbear

the christian religion will become more and more irrelevant because of it atrocious hypocrisy.

• Odrade
    Odrade

:::In time, when the world has gone gay,
    hehe, paranoid much?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Your pessimistic future view is what is known as a slippery-slope fallacy.

Should it ever prove prophetically true, then the worst that will happen is that we return to the kind of age existant when Christianity was in its infancy. And the problem with that would be? Maybe you'd have to take up your cross and consort with tax-collectors and harlots?

Btw, that's only my opinion, and open to discussion. I wouldn't like you to think that I was trying to convert you

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

For something to be wrong, doesnt there need to be a real harm done? A destruction of real person or real property? Mustent there be a reason it is wrong?

What possible real harm can be done by gay or gay unions?

Real:

Pronunciation: 'rE(-&)l, 'ri(-&)l
    Function: adjective

(1) : belonging to or having elements or components that belong to the set of real numbers <the real roots of an equation> <a real matrix>

(2) : concerned with or containing real numbers <real analysis>

• joelbear
    joelbear

christians are getting desperate. they can't convince people that there way is right so now they've gotten involved in politics to legislate their beliefs.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Guys, especially those of you in America. One nation under God.

This country was founded by Christians.

Joel, appreciate your candor.

IP_SEC

Real harm done by gay unions is not imagined. It harms themselves. Homosexuality is not liberating, it is destructive - physically, morally and spiritually.

LT,

I am a Christian. You said: "Your pessimistic future view is what is known as a slippery-slope fallacy."

I really think we are returning to the days of the pagan nation, England is already that way now.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I haven't been burned in the square, opr been set upon by lions, yet. I'll take my chances when I next visit England, too When were you last here?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

LT

"Do you oppse gay marriage" was the original question BTW.

Ask and ye shall receive.

For the third time - do you think Christians have a right to impose their standards on the "world"?

Yes, if Jesus started the religion, then the answer is affirmative sir - yes indeed.

What do you prefer - Scottish Ale or Newcastle Brown?

This hasn't been such a bad discussion by the way, we get to know each other a little better and hopefully come away feeling positive.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Real harm done by gay unions is not imagined. It harms themselves. Homosexuality is not liberating, it is destructive - physically, morally and spiritually.

yes that is why i provided defintion, to give you the op to show me this real damage. You have stated there is real damage, but without proof it is still imaginary. Im not unreasonable, and open to see your agruement, but there has to be something there man?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

LT

For now, I was

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit